Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Real people in the Realms...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 22:54:40
So, in the lastest magic book offering from Sean K Reynolds, he made Steven Schend a saintly paladin in Ilmater's service.

I also recall that in The Wyvern's Spur, there's a reference to an artist, Cledwyll, who is clearly inspired by Clyde Caldwell.

So now I wonder... How many other real-life folks have wound up as Realms characters?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 18:01:57
Master Rupert,

Thank you for having made this post. I had no idea!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So, in the lastest magic book offering from Sean K Reynolds, he made Steven Schend a saintly paladin in Ilmater's service.

I also recall that in The Wyvern's Spur, there's a reference to an artist, Cledwyll, who is clearly inspired by Clyde Caldwell.

So now I wonder... How many other real-life folks have wound up as Realms characters?

Steven Schend Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 17:17:46
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Well, I always assumed that Steven named his Strohm dynasty of Tethyrian monarchs after Keith Strohm.

D'oh! Can you believe I totally forgot about that until just now? Yup, good guy that he is, Keith let me name a dynasty after him in Tethyr.

SES
Bookwyrm Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 07:22:55
I don't know if he well, but it seems that the Hooded One will. (Everything but that hood of hers, at least. )
George Krashos Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 03:29:01
Well, I always assumed that Steven named his Strohm dynasty of Tethyrian monarchs after Keith Strohm. Eric made me a Morueme dragon in DDGttU and Ed named Hunter Alley in VGtW after two of his original players (Jim and Ian I believe). Ed has noted that the Realms has lots of 'in' jokes, not all of which have yet been revealed. maybe we should ping him on his thread to 'reveal all ...'

-- George Krashos
Steven Schend Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 00:54:06
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

and im willing to bet that Ed Sollars was a Texan wasnt he?

I honestly don't recall, as I've never met the man but remembered the story from Zeb and Jeff.

Now that there Thomas Reid feller's a Texan through and through....as are a number of my relatives, despite births around New England.

Steven
Dargoth Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 00:51:42
and im willing to bet that Ed Sollars was a Texan wasnt he?
Steven Schend Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 23:35:31
Well, I believe I was also the namesake for a bribeable guard in Song of the Saurials too (this about 4 months after I'd started at TSR and was by then Jeff & Kate Grubb's neighbor).

Other real folk namesakes.....very few immediately leap to mind, save:

Saint Sollars the Twice Martyred (Bloodstone area) = Ed Sollars, a TSR wage slave from before my time.

In Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue, whitesmithed decorative armor and "naughty" drow swimwear et al was sold at Boom's Garden in Waterdeep (a thinly veiled reference to former FR editor Karen Boomgarden).

Sorry, folks, but those are the only refs that I can think of offhand right now.

Steven

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000