Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Mystryl, Mystra, Midnight?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shayan Posted - 28 Oct 2004 : 16:08:11
I just had to clear this up..
is the new goddess of magic, after ToT called Mystra or Midnight?
When Mystryl dies for Karsus's mistake, the new goddess is called Mystra, but now when Midnight replaces Mystra, she still seems to be referred to as Mystra, Goddess of Magic Why?
The epilogue of Waterdeep (The Avatar Trilogy) does not seem to make it clear as to what the new Goddess is called....
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 07 Dec 2004 : 23:06:45
The first time I saw that image, I just thought . . . where's her motorcycle? It's stuck in my head ever since. Well-drawn picture, but that jacket is a touch too modern-looking.
Xysma Posted - 07 Dec 2004 : 15:28:42
Brilliant Bookwyrm, just brilliant. Everyone is looking at me crazy right now, as I laugh to myself. Oh well, small price to pay. By the way, I'm glas you brought up the jacket, what is with that? Was Midnight one of The Donna's or something? Or was she one her way back from Sturgis when she posed for that painting?
Shayan Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 03:24:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Looks like I'm not the only one.

And I didn't hire you yet, so that invoice is invalid.

The invoice should be invalid anyway, since it's going to be a long time before there's an Azoun VI.

damn typo.
Edit: I would edit that post, but it will further 'invalidate' the bill.
Artalis Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 02:42:15
Like I said Bookwyrm you've got a real gift for this stuff. I wonder if any of the folks from Dragon have seen these tidbits.

Congratulations, you're a hit.

Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 01:47:18
Didn't notice that.
Lysander Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 01:33:40
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

The invoice should be invalid anyway, since it's going to be a long time before there's an Azoun VI.

True... but... is that a billing dispute I see?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 01:16:27
quote:

Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 23:47:58

Shayan Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 23:13:09
quote:

Maybe I should just hire you as my official inspirer. You're two for two so far.

Shayan's Inspirations
"He lives to put ideas in your brain"

Bill Number: 65652924
Account name: Bookwyrm of Candlekeep

Summary of Services provided:

• 3 and half hours past dawn on 29th day of Marpenoth, 1372 DR
    1 x Standard inspirational question
    25gp

• At sunset on the 2nd day of Uktar, 1372 DR
    1 x Standard inspirational statement
    25gp

Total
50gp

Additional Services provided

• Introduction of topic
    10gp

NET:
60gp

Tax (payble to King Azoun VI):
6gp

NET After Tax
66gp

Payble before: 7 moons from today
Note to customer: We do not accept notes, all payments must be made in Gold pieces or items of fitting value (All items will be checked for authenticity).

Lysander Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 18:40:45
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

This reminds me to much of that picture in Fatihs and Avatars of Sune, Lliira, Sharess, and Hanali (think it's Hanali) sitting or dancing around the pool of water and they all look like they are gossiping.

LOL time to que this up, Bookwyrm ;)
Kuje Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 17:44:38
This reminds me to much of that picture in Faiths and Avatars of Sune, Lliira, Sharess, and Hanali (think it's Hanali) sitting or dancing around the pool of water and they all look like they are gossiping.
Lysander Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 17:20:47
quote:

Well, I ran out of ideas, like I said.

And don't go suggesting I do a "Conversations of the Gods" segment, either!

Why should we, when you did so yourself?

Absolutely, positively, beautiful. When the ideas hit, let 'em rip!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 15:52:00
quote:

Yes, I have. That's what I was talking about at the end there.

I figured as much. It was just a good way to request your version of that tale.
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 09:25:58
Yes, I have. That's what I was talking about at the end there.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 09:20:45
Bookwyrm, have you read Tymora's Luck? I think your spin on that one could be amusing...
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 09:02:23
Go right ahead. This one I managed to write while awake, or as awake as I usually am, so just take it as is. Title it "A Day At Sune's Beauty Salon." Or something like that. I can't think of anything more creative at the moment.
Alaundo Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 08:50:45
Well met

Splendid, Bookwyrm! I would like to feature such material in Candlekeep proper, if ye permit, of course.

Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 07:31:36
Well, I ran out of ideas, like I said.

And don't go suggesting I do a "Conversations of the Gods" segment, either!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 07:26:37
That is great! More, more!
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 06:53:13
Maybe I should just hire you as my official inspirer. You're two for two so far.

Sune: "Why, Mystra, dear, you're looking down. Guy trouble?"

Mystra: "You have a really simplistic view of the world. You know that, right?"

Tymora: "Wait'll you've been around a while longer. After the first few centuries, she really starts getting repetitive."

Sune: "Oh, hush. Now, tell me all about it, Midnight."

Mystra: "It's Mystra."

Sune: "Whatever. What's the trouble with Kel this time?"

Mystra: "I just can't get him to notice me anymore. He's always too busy with his job."

Sune: "Did you try that jacket I gave you?"

Mystra: "That black thing? Yes, but he just said it looked strange."

Sune: "The pig. That's going to be a big fashion in a few centuries, I bet."

Tymora: "They were mortals once, or are those curls of yours crowding out what little brains you have? They don't think in those terms. (Besides, it was a strange jacket anyway.)"

Sune: "Maybe you should just try finding someone else. Hmm . . . you know, I keep getting a lot of thank-you prayers for your man Elminster. Why not use him for a fling?"

Mystra: "Are you kidding? After all the trouble I went through to make him forget Mystra?"

Sune: "Didn't you just say you were Mystra?"

Tymora: "She means the other one."

Sune: "Which one?"

Mystra: "The previous goddess of magic? The one Helm killed?"

Sune: "Oh, her. What was she thinking then, anyway? No matter. Say, maybe you should try Helm. It's a bit of a trick to get him out of that armor, but he's something like a lobster. Lots of work, but the meat's just . . . mmm, yummy."

Tymora: "And people claim my portfolio's limited . . . ."

Mystra: "I can't get Helm to talk to me straight anyway. I think he's feeling guilty over killing Mystra."

Sune: "Why'd you take the same name, anyway? It's just confusing."

Tymora: "Doesn't take much with you . . . ."

Sune: "Oh, hush. You're just jealous."

Tymora: "Like I could be jealous of an airhead."

Sune: "No, I'm a redhead."

Tymora: "Ought to be blond."

Sune: "Oh, I tried that one century. I remember Tempus liked it a lot. Especially when I dressed up in wolfskins for that costume party. Kept asking how many times I could 'rage' in one evening." [giggle]

Tymora: "Such a skillful pickup line."

Sune: "Clever, I know. Say, maybe you should try Tempus out sometime, Myssie. He's got a lot of energy."

Mystra: "All he ever talks about are his battles. If I want someone who'll just talk about his work, I'd just stick with Kel."

Sune: "Oh, come on, why do you want a guy to talk to? That's what we're here for. Just use guys as distractions. It keeps you sane through all the day-in, day-out work of godhood. Especially with all the prayers I get every day. Oh, by Ao, it's tiring."

Tymora: "All you have is just people asking for someone to fall in love with them. I have to deal with people asking me for help every other minute with finding a lost pin or nail. They even ask for help in fighting! Tempus wants me to stop doing that, anyway. Claims I'm taking his prayers and making him look bad at the end of every fiscal century."

Mystra: "At least he's generally nice about it. You don't have someone evil to the core trying to introduce new magic."

Tymora: "No, I do have someone evil, remember?"

Mystra: "Oh, right. Beshaba."

Tymora: "Beshaba. I don't know how that girl stays in business. How many worshipers do you get with her platform, anyway?"

Sune: "Hello? We were talking about important stuff, remember? Now, come on, Myssie, we need to give you another makeover."

Mystra: "Now? Again?"

Sune: "No time like the present! And maybe you could get Lathander. He needs to get over losing Tyche. Too bad that last plan of his didn't work."

Tymora: "I'm right here."

Sune: "Oh! Hehe. Sorry. Didn't think."

Tymora: "That's painfully obvious."

Ran out of ideas. Sorry.
Shayan Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 06:02:28
quote:

Now she's learning that being a goddess doesn't mean you get your way all the time. Of course, it does have a few perks, like free passes to the Lady Sune's Beauty Salon.

hahaha I can imagine Sune, Mystra and Tymora sitting around in a salon complaining about their problems... lol. Especially Sune.
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 04:26:27
Wow!

Winterfox can laugh?

Sorry. Anyway, I'm glad you liked it, especially considering all the language mistakes in it; I know you're irritated by them even more than I am, but as I've said, I wrote that while too tired to care much. (Like, for instance, using "peak" instead of "peek" . . . though that could have worked as a pun if I phrased it differently.)
Winterfox Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 12:25:22
Just discovered this via some convoluted and random clicking, and I had to say, Bookwyrm -- that was fabulously funny. Thanks for the giggling fit, but I almost had to send you bills for my keyboard (which came dangerously to being splattered -- alongside the monitor -- with iced caffe latte from Starbucks).
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 09:36:50
I'll certainly try. Of course, you aren't the only one looking to bury me in work.
Alaundo Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 09:33:37
quote:

I take it that's a yes.

Well met

Indeed it is, Bookwyrm I hope to have another update of lore available at Candlekeep within the next tenday if ye have time to get this to me soon. Thank ye.
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 09:26:12
I take it that's a yes.
Alaundo Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 08:47:05
quote:

Well, then this is the public blurt: I'm considering doing a "History of the Realms, Part 1" for the Candlekeep newsletter, which may or may not be in the first issue.

Since this one is already public, I won't use it. I will, however, clean it up* and give it to Alaundo to put on the main site, if he wants.

* (i kant spel 4 a milyon dolers)

::rubs hands with glee::
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 08:35:01
Hmm, fancy that.

You know what I'm currently trying, and the Newsletter scribes know what's been suggested there. Of course, it would be just mean of me if I didn't let the good folks out here speculate over what might come down the pipeline . . . .
Lady Kazandra Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 08:08:42
Yes, it is. Still, you did not mention the "possible" topic for your new section . . .
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Nov 2004 : 07:54:10
Well, then this is the public blurt: I'm considering doing a "History of the Realms, Part 1" for the Candlekeep newsletter, which may or may not be in the first issue.

Since this one is already public, I won't use it. I will, however, clean it up* and give it to Alaundo to put on the main site, if he wants.

* (i kant spel 4 a milyon dolers)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000