Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lets talk about CandleKeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GamerDJ Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 22:30:19
Hello everyone.

I have been Roleplaying for many, many years now but I have to admit that I am fairly new to Forgotten Realems. Personally my setting was Dragonlance and it still very much is, but I have been beinging to become very intrested in FR and have been playing in many in the past number of months.
Anyway so far the focus that I've been on is the Silver Marches, I've learned a lot about it and love it. But much else of FR is unknown to me and since I am going to be apart of this site I thought I great place to start asking questions about is Candlekeep .

I have read what is in the FR handbook and it does give you a lot. like the fact that you can only stay at Candlekeep for a tenday at a time and cannot return till a month has past. Also that you can not copy any text yourself and must have a monk do it for you.

But I'm sure there is much more that I do not know about the place and wish to know more. One I would like to know, and I'm sure others too, would be about the wards on the Keep. Namely what spells can and can't be used. They give a nice list but they do hind at others as well.

Well If anyone can help out I would love it and I'm sure others would as well.

GamerDJ
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 01 Oct 2018 : 17:36:20
Acolyte GamerDJ,

Great source here:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Candlekeep

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by GamerDJ

Hello everyone.

I have been Roleplaying for many, many years now but I have to admit that I am fairly new to Forgotten Realems. Personally my setting was Dragonlance and it still very much is, but I have been beinging to become very intrested in FR and have been playing in many in the past number of months.
Anyway so far the focus that I've been on is the Silver Marches, I've learned a lot about it and love it. But much else of FR is unknown to me and since I am going to be apart of this site I thought I great place to start asking questions about is Candlekeep .

I have read what is in the FR handbook and it does give you a lot. like the fact that you can only stay at Candlekeep for a tenday at a time and cannot return till a month has past. Also that you can not copy any text yourself and must have a monk do it for you.

But I'm sure there is much more that I do not know about the place and wish to know more. One I would like to know, and I'm sure others too, would be about the wards on the Keep. Namely what spells can and can't be used. They give a nice list but they do hind at others as well.

Well If anyone can help out I would love it and I'm sure others would as well.

GamerDJ

Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Oct 2004 : 04:24:44
Not a prob! Helping people out is one of the cool things about this site.
GamerDJ Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 23:29:32
Cool thanks!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 23:10:38
If you go to the main page (http://www.candlekeep.com/index.html), there's a link at the top of the page to a nice piece by Sage Greenwood himself. 'Tis entitled "An Introduction to Candlekeep" and it's full of wonderful lore about this site's namesake.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000