Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Susprina Arkenneld!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jul 2023 : 23:46:19
Posting this here, to make sure people see it if they're not on Ed's Patreon or on the Candlekeep Scribes Facebook group.

Way back in FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark, we were very briefly introduced to a drow apprentice of Elminster's named Susprina Arkenneld. Many people, myself included, have asked about her, over the years, but a lurking NDA kept us from learning more.

Until now. The NDA has been lifted, and Ed has shared a FREE post on Susprina Arkenneld. Enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/elminsters-drow-85816962
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Sep 2023 : 18:17:54
As I've commented before, one of the problems with NDAs is that it costs nothing to leave them in place forever... But determining if one is worth keeping in place, and notifying all the relevant parties -- that takes time and effort, and thus money, all for no return more than saying "okay, you can talk about this thing that we're not going to get any money for."

I don't like it, but I understand why they haven't been lifted.
Athreeren Posted - 11 Jul 2023 : 03:32:30
As usual, the text raises more questions than it answers (as it should). Why would the Santruvels wait until Meiyaralea married a powerful and influential mage before killing her? (unless of course "granddaughter" is not a typo, and Calimar Arkenneld actually wed his daughter)

What motivated Calimar to become a lich just after his daughter's birth?

Ed never confirmed or denied whether a lich ever hid their phylactery in Candlekeep: since Calimar managed to get in and out undetected, and so shortly after becoming a lich, did he do so? I am also confused as to how Calimar is becoming frail as his lich body is breaking down, when demi-liches are a thing.

The timeline is also weird, as Susprina seems to have been between 3 and 6 when she was put in stasis, yet she is 17 years old 17 years after Elminster freed her.

Finally, what could this NDA have been about, and why was it finally lifted? Can we hope that more irrelevant ones will soon go away too?

EDIT: They eventually corrected the typo: Susprina was not born of incest.
Demzer Posted - 10 Jul 2023 : 09:17:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

... The NDA has been lifted ...

Never thought I would see the day.
Brimstone Posted - 10 Jul 2023 : 00:40:37
Awesome Lore dump from Ed.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000