Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 The Sacred Scoundrel (Epic level PrC)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
King Libertine Posted - 20 May 2022 : 09:49:41
Sacred Scoundrels' walk a thin line between divine enlightenment and the dark shadows of the underworld. As special servants of their respective trickster deities, the Sacred Scoundrel wields the power of her god while employing stealth and deception to accomplish her appointed duty. With spells, stealth, and innate agility, the Sacred Scoundrel can ferret out those who oppose her god, and strike them down in the same breath, while stealing items and artifacts with the ease and grace of a master thief.

The Sacred Scoundrel specializes in "not being." He trains himself in the art of avoiding detection and escaping danger, and he steels his body and mind to resist harm. Eventually, the Sacred Scoundrel extends this ability to the point where he can simply ignore a wide variety of physical and mental effects... much as if he weren't there at all. Sacred Scoundrels are sometimes referred to as "untouchables."

The Sacred Scoundrel is a master of skulking and spells, the ultimate prowler and thief. She has transcended the extraordinary, honing her talents to supernatural levels. She can bypass any protection and slip through any defense. Few see her coming, and she does not leave evidence of her passing. She quite literally is a shadow in the night.

Only the sneakiest and stealthiest of divine spellcasters can become a Sacred Scoundrel. Sacred Scoundrels are true thieves, escape artists and divine tricksters in the extreme.

NPC Sacred Scoundrels might as well not exist, for all that anyone can remember about them. You could live right next door to a Sacred Scoundrel and not only would you be unaware of his talents, but you also might not even know you had a neighbor at all.

Requirements:
To qualify to become a Sacred Scoundrel, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:

Alignment: Any nonlawful
Skills: Escape Artist 24 ranks, Hide 24 ranks, Move Silently 24 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 24 ranks, Spellcraft 24 ranks.
Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Skill Focus (Spellcraft),
Epic Feats: Epic Spellcasting,
Special: Evasion class feature, Uncanny dodge class feature, Ability to cast 9th level divine spells, Turn undead class feature.

Class Skills:
The Sacred Scoundrels class skills are Concentration, Knowledge (religion), Spellcraft, Balance, Bluff, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Tumble, Disable Device, Disguise, Gather Information, Jump, Open Lock, Tumble.

Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Spells per Day/Spells Known: At every level, the Sacred Scoundrel gains new spells per day and spells known as if she had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class to which she belonged before adding the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (such as bonus metamagic or item creation feats). As a epic spellcaster, the character gains only the benefit noted under the Spells entry for that epic class. If the character possessed more than one divine spellcasting class before she became a Sacred Scoundrel, she must decide which class will receive the additional spellcasting level for purposes of determining spells per day when she adds the new level (although she must choose a class in which she can cast 9th level divine spells)

Planar Turning (Su): at 1st level you can turn or rebuke outsiders as if they were undead. An outsider has effective turn resistance equal to half its spell resistance (round down).

If you can turn undead, you turn (or destroy) all evil outsiders and rebuke (or command) all nonevil outsiders. If you can rebuke undead, you rebuke (or command) all evil outsiders and turn (or destroy) all nonevil outsiders.

Blank Aura (Ex): At 1st level the Sacred Scoundrel (and any equipment he wears or carries) radiates no aura of any kind. Detect chaos, detect magic, and similar spells simply register him as a blank, as a void. The Sacred Scoundrel cannot lower this aura.

Sudden Shift (Sp): At 2nd level, In the blink of an eye, you can appear somewhere else. As an immediate action, after you are missed by a melee attack, you can teleport up to 10 feet to a space that you can see. This space must be inside the reach of the creature that attacked you. Once your Sudden Shift is completed, you gain a extra full attack action as a Free action against that single opponent. You can use this power a number of times each day equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier.

Void Presence (Ex): At 3rd level, the opponents of a Sacred Scoundrel unconsciously ignore his presence as if he weren't there at all. All opponents are always treated as flat-footed to the Sacred Scoundrel (and thus may not apply their Dexterity modifier to AC). This lasts until the Sacred Scoundrel attacks the opponent, but resumes again at the start of the Sacred Scoundrel's next turn. This is a continuous mind-affecting effect

You can also use Bluff to create a diversion to hide as a free action, rather than as a standard action.

This ability has an interesting side effect. Anyone attempting to use Gather Information, Divination, locate person or similar methods to learn about a Sacred Scoundrel finds the task very difficult. Increase the DC of such tasks by 25 + Sacred Scoundrel level.

Smiling Strike (Ex): At 4th level the Sacred Scoundrel can declare any melee, ranged or spell attack he makes to be a touch attack. He may use this ability five times a day. In addition, He may add a divine bonus of +5 towards attacks, saves and checks against any lawful opponents.

Tricksters Perseverance (Su): At 5th level, twice per day, if the Sacred Scoundrel is brought to -1 or lower hit points, she automatically is cured 20d8+20 points of damage.

Empty Form (Ex): At 6th-level the Sacred Scoundrel has a permanent displacement effect (as the spell cast at 20th level) on him at all times. The Sacred Scoundrel also becomes immune to force effects. Such effects either deal no damage (such as magic missile), don't exist for the Sacred Scoundrel (such as wall of force, which the Sacred Scoundrel can simply walk through), or otherwise fail to affect the Sacred Scoundrel (such as mage armor).

Shadowself (Sp): At 7th level the Sacred Scoundrel can speak an incantation and nearby shadows gather together, assuming your approximate size and shape. You create a shadowy duplicate of yourself at a place you indicate within 50'. The shadow double attacks any adjacent target (regardless of the weapon it appears to wield), as you desire, starting in the round when you cast the ability. It attacks on your turn once each round, striking with an attack bonus equal to your full attack base bonus + your Wis modifier. Each hit deals 2 point of Strength damage to the target. The first time a target is hit, it can attempt a Will save to disbelieve the effect; this negates the damage and renders it immune to further attacks by the shadow double. The shadow double occupies a space identical to yours. It is not incorporeal, and thus can't share a space with another creature or object. It can provide a flanking bonus against any creature that hasn't yet saved successfully against it. The shadow double can strike incorporeal creatures, but not ethereal creatures. Each round after the first, you can use a swift action to direct the shadow double to attack any other target. To attack this new target, the shadow double can move to any new legal space within 30 feet (it moves by instantaneous teleportation). If it is not commanded to switch targets, it continues to attack the same target. A shadow double can be attacked. It has an Armor Class equal to 20 + your size modifier + a deflection bonus equal to your Wis modifier, and has half of your full normal hit points. If the shadow double is reduced to 0 hit points, or if you create a second shadow double when the first still exists, the shadow double dissolves into mist. The Shadowself lasts 1 round/ Sacred Shadow level and can be used a number of times a day equal to your Wis modifier +1.

Scoundrels Hand (Su): At 8th level, as a free action, the Sacred Scoundrel gains a +20 sacred (or profane if appropriate) bonus on his next sneak attack roll, as long as the attack is made with the deity’s favored weapon. The Sacred Scoundrel can use this ability twice a day.

Spell-Luck (Su): At 9h level, the Sacred Scoundrel may, once per day, re-roll a random effect of any divine spell she has just cast and combine the results for a cumulative effect. For instance, she could re-roll damage from a Chaos Hammer or the effect of a Searing Light spell, or any other effect determined by a random roll of the dice and combine them for total numerical results.

Tricksters Will (Ex): At 10th level, if subjected to an effect that allows a Will save for a partial or half effect, the Sacred Scoundrel takes only the partial or half effect on a failed save (and no effect on a successful save). Furthermore, a Sacred Scoundrel gains a +15 divine bonus on all saves against lawful opponents, and a Spell Resistance of 15 + Sacred Scoundrel level vs. lawful enemies.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordofBones Posted - 12 Jun 2022 : 15:17:18
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Why does the prc have fixed bonuses instead of scaling ones?

Because that is the class. Shall I make one better to suite you? Ot maybe you can create a better rogue/ cleric epic class?

Oh boy.

Bruh, you didn't post this to get feedback. I can see no reason why a rogue/cleric class themed on stealth would need Skill Focus (Spellcraft) and Epic Spellcasting when the class in question doesn't actually grant any benefit to epic spells. It's also amazing that Scoundrel's Hand exists...on a class that doesn't have sneak attack as a prerequisite.

Also the numeric bonuses and attempts per day are all over the place.
King Libertine Posted - 12 Jun 2022 : 07:24:37
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Because that is the class. Shall I make one better to suite you? Ot maybe you can create a better rogue/ cleric epic class?
LordofBones Posted - 23 May 2022 : 05:42:53
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 May 2022 : 14:44:47
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

My thought exactly, I'm guessing he based it off Void Incarnate. It also has flavor from the Divine Seeker from FRCS.

I've been plotting a Epic Level quest for a long time, but know I need to fix the rules before I do. Could you elaborate about your experience with Epic Spellcasting?

I can elaborate via PM if that is OK with you. That way we don't take this thread off topic. To keep in line with this scroll, the Epic Spellcasting feat used RAW is prone to egregious abuse, even when unintended.

Given past postings, I'm fairly certain that egregious abuse is not a concern, here. It might even be a feature.
Delnyn Posted - 22 May 2022 : 09:34:50
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

My thought exactly, I'm guessing he based it off Void Incarnate. It also has flavor from the Divine Seeker from FRCS.

I've been plotting a Epic Level quest for a long time, but know I need to fix the rules before I do. Could you elaborate about your experience with Epic Spellcasting?

I can elaborate via PM if that is OK with you. That way we don't take this thread off topic. To keep in line with this scroll, the Epic Spellcasting feat used RAW is prone to egregious abuse, even when unintended.
Lord Karsus Posted - 21 May 2022 : 05:15:16
-Oy
Gelcur Posted - 20 May 2022 : 19:13:40

Delnyn Posted - 20 May 2022 : 14:23:18
King Libertine,

The Sacred Scoundrel sounds close to the epic prestige class void incarnate. Here is the link:

https://realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/Void_Incarnate

I don't think you need the planar turning, spell luck or trickster's perseverance features. That in turn will relax the requirements for the Epic Spellcasting feat (my worst DM mistake since 1983 was allowing this feat as written) and casting 9th level divine spells.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000