Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The esoteric teachings of the Church of Bane 2.0

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redking Posted - 18 May 2022 : 05:25:36
And it is very true that a great catastrophe occurred on this planet and in the other 75 planets which formed this [Galactic] Confederacy 75 million years ago. It has since that time been a desert, and it has been the lot of just a handful to try to push its technology up to a level where someone might adventure forward, penetrate the catastrophe, and undo it. We're well on our way to making this occur.
- Esoteric Scientology teaching learned at Operating Thetan L2

There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth’s protective layers.
- Neil Armstrong, esoteric astronaut

Wooly Rupert has superbly made the case that Xvim is Bane 2.0. This secret knowledge is not for the peons on prayer mats, but is esoteric, secret teachings only revealed to the higher ranks of the clergy. When Banite cleric in good standing reaches 10th level and has 13 ranks in Knowledge (religion) [3.5E concept], the truth that Bane is really the Godson Xvim is revealed. The secret is kept on pain of death.The Banite clergy justify this among themselves that "Bane" is a title accorded to the Divine Tyrant, not a name per se, and the name Iyachtu Xvim is no longer used because the name is too holy to pronounce.

Feel free to agree or flame away.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordofBones Posted - 19 May 2022 : 13:43:34
I get the feeling that being an "exarch" is one of those things Maglubiyet files under "things that uppity human god says to irritate me".
Storyteller Hero Posted - 19 May 2022 : 05:15:55
Maglubiyet knows the truth. He's been the exarch of both Bane and Bane.

Shhhhhhhh.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 May 2022 : 04:40:07
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Wooly has inadvertently started his own cult.

I've oft said I wanted to start my own religion so I could get out of paying taxes and have a really good sex scandal.
Demzer Posted - 19 May 2022 : 03:55:12
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Cue Theoden standing on the battlements of Helm's Deep under the rain: "So it begins"
Azar Posted - 18 May 2022 : 22:18:58
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 May 2022 : 16:47:41
The idea that the name is a title is an interesting one. I like it.
TheIriaeban Posted - 18 May 2022 : 15:24:32
To continue along that same thought, perhaps the mortal that was elevated to Bane had the family name of Xvim and that would be why his son's name was Iyachtu Xvim. Also, perhaps that mortal's first name was too similar to one of the existing gods at the time so one of the reasons "Bane" was chosen was to eliminate any confusion that would have occurred.
Hawkfeather Posted - 18 May 2022 : 12:00:51
I like it!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000