Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Bloodline related spell?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 18:07:12
Just curious.... my thoughts on hags having hagspawn in another topic got me thinking about the "blood link" between child and parent. Has anyone ever noted any particular spells that exploit this link? I mean in any way (i.e. using a blood link to use one person to track another via divination, using a blood link to assault someone else, etc....).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Eldacar Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 21:58:17
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Usually the adventurers are assumed to hatch from Adventurer Eggs.
Even in Ye Olden Times when they were assumed to try and become landed nobility.
So probably no mechanics beyond the Birthright stuff.

It’s very simple. If you don’t have family, the DM can’t mess with your family to stop you from adventuring by taking hostages! Or interrupt your butchery and amassing of wealth comparable to sovereign nations. This also may or may not be why so many adventurers seem to have the “destroyed hometown and no family left” background. If they are of a particularly devilish bent, perhaps they destroyed their hometowns themselves!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 21:44:08
There might be something in the Book of Vile Darkness, but I don't know. I didn't bother to replace that one after the fire, because even when I had it, I didn't have much use for it.

If there is anything official, though, on such things, I would expect it to be there.
sleyvas Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 21:06:14
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Even in Ye Olden Times when they were assumed to try and become landed nobility.

Lol, yep, and no NPC's (especially villains) ever have ANY relatives, wives, and/or children.

However, birthright is an interesting idea. Wouldn't have thought of that. Never really delved that world much.
TBeholder Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 19:34:45
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2021 : 18:49:05
Lot of that stuff in the Dresden Files... Nothing that I'm immediately recalling from D&D, though.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000