Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Puzzling cropping of post

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SaMoCon Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 10:29:13
Hello, admins.

I have a post in the scroll FR' fables, parables, and myths of godly doings that constantly cuts off most of its text. The original content of over 2800 words is too long for a single post in that scroll, so I had cut the original post down to 1765 words leaving only 1045 to be put in the follow-up post so that the two posts had one continuous story. The follow-up post is the one that is causing problems. Only just over 300 words are being accepted when I submit or edit this post, which is a far cry from the over 1700 word limit I had on the previous post. I don't want to just make a whole bunch of 300 word posts because that is both annoying to do and to read.

A search of the forum for word count limits did not turn up anything, and I did not encounter this problem when I was creating wordy, multi-post scrolls like Art Objects of Faerun or Making your own detailed Art Objects. Did I somehow trigger a flag that needs to be reset or run afoul of some new parameter that hes been set?

Ahead of time, thank you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 21:24:35
The only issue that I'm aware of, with the quote tag, is that too many nested quotes makes the text go wonky.

But I just make sure people play nice; I don't do any of the backend stuff, so I'm not aware of what all happens behind the scenes.
SaMoCon Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 20:37:18
TheIriaeban, I cannot run the latest version of the browser because none of my computers are new enough to run the latest OSs and are unsupported by them. Browser cache deletion and restarting the browser was ineffective.

That said... JOY! Removing the <quote> tags from the previous post allowed posting of the full story.

Being able to partition posts in that scroll to easily differentiate between story narrative and meta-story notations is more convenient and has less potential for confusion when being read especially since this is a creative writing exercise that can get wordy. Is this a problem with or an ongoing parameter of the <quote> tag that there is a hard limit on a page word count? Is this also mirrored in the similarly text segregating <code> tag? I know, a lot of questions, but I just want to make what I know will be a very wordy thread easier to peruse for others.
TheIriaeban Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 14:20:10
As someone who supports browser-based applications, you could also try flushing your browser cache. Be sure to select "for all time" and then restart the browser before trying the post again.

Also check to see if you are using the newest version of the browser.
Alaundo Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 14:03:45
quote:
Originally posted by SaMoCon

No joy. In fact, this gets even weirder. The amount of words total of the two post remains unchanged from before I moved some paragraphs from the 1st post to the 2nd and after. I still have my story truncated at the same point. Alaundo, if you say there is no connection between the two posts for a word or character limit, then is it possible there is some page limit to explain this phenomena?

This may be down to being with the quote container. Try posting as a normal post. (Grasping at straws)
SaMoCon Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 11:48:27
No joy. In fact, this gets even weirder. The amount of words total of the two post remains unchanged from before I moved some paragraphs from the 1st post to the 2nd and after. I still have my story truncated at the same point. Alaundo, if you say there is no connection between the two posts for a word or character limit, then is it possible there is some page limit to explain this phenomena?
Alaundo Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 11:32:57
quote:
Originally posted by SaMoCon

Hello, admins.

I have a post in the scroll FR' fables, parables, and myths of godly doings that constantly cuts off most of its text. The original content of over 2800 words is too long for a single post in that scroll, so I had cut the original post down to 1765 words leaving only 1045 to be put in the follow-up post so that the two posts had one continuous story. The follow-up post is the one that is causing problems. Only just over 300 words are being accepted when I submit or edit this post, which is a far cry from the over 1700 word limit I had on the previous post. I don't want to just make a whole bunch of 300 word posts because that is both annoying to do and to read.

A search of the forum for word count limits did not turn up anything, and I did not encounter this problem when I was creating wordy, multi-post scrolls like Art Objects of Faerun or Making your own detailed Art Objects. Did I somehow trigger a flag that needs to be reset or run afoul of some new parameter that hes been set?

Ahead of time, thank you.

Well met, SaMoCon

This is baffling indeed. One post should not impact another and there is no link between the two to continue a word count or validation check. The flood control is based on time between posts, but that should not permit you to post the second entry at all, not cause a truncation. I'll have a delve into the code but nothing logical springs to mind as to why this would occur.

For my curiousity, i'd suggest perhaps dividing the post more evenly and see how that pans out? e.g. Two posts of 1000 rather than one of 1700 and one of 300.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000