Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arabel description typo...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Masked Mage Posted - 29 May 2021 : 17:40:17
While reading the various old descriptions of Arabel, I came upon a little typo in Volo's Guide to Cormyr.

It substitutes House Misrim for House Marliir.

Misrim is a merchant house that has several warehouses in the city and interests also in Marsember (coal & horses at least).

Marliir is the preeminent nobel family of Arabel (though not of particularly high standing in Suzail).

If you have the Arabel map, it is building 3 which is correctly named in the Cormyr supplement.

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed this before, but I thought I'd point it out for those few who care.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jun 2021 : 23:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I am continually amused by people being completely unaware of the 18-page article I wrote (and repeatedly talked about here on the 'keep) in Dungeon #198. I still think folks should pick it up.

Well, it was during the 4e era.... you should have waited for when people that liked the prior history were reading about the realms again just picking

BTW, I like the year name for 1442.... Year of Darkenbeasts Rising/Risen. I can already see poor people's cats and dogs getting changed in the royal courtroom. I'm sure it gave some lady's maids the vapors.
ericlboyd Posted - 09 Jun 2021 : 19:46:05
Did anyone ever notice there was an article that touches on Cormyr in Dungeon #198?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jun 2021 : 16:54:13
quote:

I am continually amused by people being completely unaware of the 18-page article I wrote (and repeatedly talked about here on the 'keep) in Dungeon #198. I still think folks should pick it up.

I'd forgotten that one, myself, though I do have a copy on my NAS. Think I'll re-read that one whilst on the road tomorrow (obviously while the wife is driving!)
The Masked Mage Posted - 09 Jun 2021 : 09:48:29
quote:

Never new you were you Damned screen names.

Also, normally I try to avoid Cormyr / Shadowdale / Waterdeep, because they are the most commonly mentioned in publications so you always have to revamp to keep in line with everything.

Currently, I am making a elder member of the Marliir family out of the once mentioned Zentarim mage Pontifel. Dauneth's uncle who returns to his family home in Arabel from exile after Dauneth takes the family to Suzail :) Then just a mage, now an archmage, member of council of mages (and secretly still a Zhent)
sleyvas Posted - 08 Jun 2021 : 20:55:26
and then we find out Misrim is a changed version of Mizzrym, and they're all related to dark elves!
Garen Thal Posted - 08 Jun 2021 : 19:20:30
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Jun 2021 : 15:47:16

There are things you could do with information like that in a campaign.

Cormyr I think is one of the best settings (post Azoun's death) for intrigue campaigns.
The Masked Mage Posted - 08 Jun 2021 : 07:44:00
Side note, Nalara Marliir was the mother of King Foril of Cormyr - so the Marliir family became more important in 4th edition.
The Masked Mage Posted - 07 Jun 2021 : 10:59:28
Thanks - its good to know there are others that find such tidbits interesting. That knowledge is more than adequate reward :)
Dalor Darden Posted - 06 Jun 2021 : 04:40:31
Often a scribe is little rewarded for finding information that literally shapes the who and why of the world.

It is cool that you found this for sure...makes me wonder how many times I've read a product and not realized information was wrong like this...
George Krashos Posted - 06 Jun 2021 : 02:05:04
I cared, I just didn't;t want to clutter the boards with a "good pick up" post. Which I have now done!

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Jun 2021 : 01:56:20
No one cares :P

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000