Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Havens of Miyeritar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 03 Mar 2021 : 18:24:29
Greetings all,

George and I had such fun writing up "Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything," we've worked up another one, which should be posted to DM's Guild in a couple of days:

Havens of Miyeritar: A History of the Dark Elves of the Savage North

Here's the link:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/348991/Havens-of-Miyeritar

Here's the product blurb.

After the Descent of the Drow, all dark elves were transformed into drow. But what about the dark elves of Miyeritar who were not guilty of the crimes of the dark elves of Ilythiir or the gold elves of Aryvandaar? Delve into the mysteries of the Illefarni havens where the dark elves of Miyeritar took refuge. Learn the secrets of Ascarle, Jhachalkhyn, and the Moondark Mountains and the fates of their descendants.

For those who want a teaser, check out Cormanthyr, page 30, The Grand History of the Realms, page 12, or Lost Empires of Faerűn, page 52.

--Eric
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TomCosta Posted - 26 Mar 2021 : 22:24:58
Careful Cards77. As George and my DM, he already has delusions of grandeur. This doesn't bode well. :-)
Cards77 Posted - 25 Mar 2021 : 17:50:31
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77
Gods yes! Let's goooooo!

I love the fact that you place so much faith in the esteemed Dr Boyd. Hope he comes through for you.

-- George Krashos

I have been humbly standing by for YEARS now!

I may be his biggest fan. I printed Under Illefarn Anew as my coffee table book
George Krashos Posted - 24 Mar 2021 : 11:00:45
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

I love the fact that you place so much faith in the esteemed Dr Boyd. Hope he comes through for you.

-- George Krashos

Cynic. :-)

I'm Jergal the Seneschal.

-- George Krashos

Tom, you mispelled Cyric.
[/quote]
ericlboyd Posted - 23 Mar 2021 : 22:15:34
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

-- George Krashos

[/quote]

Tom, you mispelled Cyric.
TomCosta Posted - 23 Mar 2021 : 21:00:33

-- George Krashos
[/quote]

George Krashos Posted - 23 Mar 2021 : 11:11:18
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77
Gods yes! Let's goooooo!

-- George Krashos
Cards77 Posted - 22 Mar 2021 : 17:26:22
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AJA

Now wait just a minute, this is not Crown of Eaerlann, Eric! Oh ho, I'm on to you buddy. I refuse to be distracted by all these other shiny offerings! I'm not falling for your tricks again! You won't snare me with your awesome Realmslore! Your cool ideas! Your myriad of adventure and story hooks! Your...your....

....I bought one again. Dangit.

edit: So let that be a lesson to you, and George!

The next one *might* be Crown of Eaerlann.

Gods yes! Let's goooooo!
BenN Posted - 16 Mar 2021 : 10:14:17
Bought!

Looks awesome! Congrats Eric!
ericlboyd Posted - 09 Mar 2021 : 11:35:08
I uploaded a new version with a little more content. It addresses the timeline mistake pointed out above and gives some detail about the Jaezred Chaulssin, as requested by a reader on Facebook. You should be able to re-download, if so inclined.

--Eric
ericlboyd Posted - 09 Mar 2021 : 02:19:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

The Menzo box is 2e (AD&D was dropped as part of the logo in 3e) and was released in 1992 (2e started in 1989). My guess is the QX reference is a typo as poison types stopped at Type O (see what I did there?).

Sorry, should have been clearer. The 2e FRCS came out in 1993. Menzo came out in 92. Therefore it was still in the 1358 era, not 1368 era. Plus, as shown in the other thread, Ed intended to date it late 1357 DR.

--Eric
The Arcanamach Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 23:45:35
The Menzo box is 2e (AD&D was dropped as part of the logo in 3e) and was released in 1992 (2e started in 1989). My guess is the QX reference is a typo as poison types stopped at Type O (see what I did there?).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 16:07:58
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

This was a great read. One note: The Fall of Jhachalkhyn is listed as 1368 DR, but should be sometime in 1357 DR, depending on how fast news travels in the Underdark.

The News section in the Menzoberranzan Boxed Set is dated as about three-quarters of the way through 1357 DR Per this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11850

Yeah, I got confused and thought Menzo was a 2e product. I'm working on a small update.

--Eric

If you're working on an update, I noticed a couple of typos...

Please send them asap!

I will send them later this day. Prolly won't have time to find them again, during my workday.
Eilserus Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 16:03:17
All good. The Menzo boxed set is kind of a strange product, in that there's some things in there that I still don't understand even after 30 years of owning it. Triel Baenre's whip of fangs with associated stats:

DAMAGE/ATTACK: 2d4 X 5(QX)
SPECIAL ATTACK: Weakness (Whip)

Not sure what the QX means for instance, aside from a possible poison reference since the House Baenre treasures lists a contact poison XX in there. The boxed set must fall somewhere between editions is my guess.
ericlboyd Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 14:47:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

This was a great read. One note: The Fall of Jhachalkhyn is listed as 1368 DR, but should be sometime in 1357 DR, depending on how fast news travels in the Underdark.

The News section in the Menzoberranzan Boxed Set is dated as about three-quarters of the way through 1357 DR Per this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11850

Yeah, I got confused and thought Menzo was a 2e product. I'm working on a small update.

--Eric

Please send them asap!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 14:42:47
quote:

quote:

--Eric

ericlboyd Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 14:09:28
quote:

--Eric
deserk Posted - 07 Mar 2021 : 18:07:04
Really enjoyed it myself. All this elaborate history really helps to make the setting feel alive. It felt like reading a FR product from the 3rd edition era, which was the high point for me. And it's also nice to get some insights into these drow settlements that were previously undetailed terra incognita. Hope to see more similar Realmslore content.
Eilserus Posted - 07 Mar 2021 : 17:28:41

The Arcanamach Posted - 06 Mar 2021 : 23:02:43
Once again a great read, we just need Crown of Eerlann to drop now :P
ericlboyd Posted - 06 Mar 2021 : 15:22:45
quote:
Originally posted by Dewaint

Great News

Thanks Eric and George, consider a copy already bought by me.

Hope you like it! Let us know what you think.
Dewaint Posted - 05 Mar 2021 : 13:43:42
Great News

Thanks Eric and George, consider a copy already bought by me.
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 21:32:17
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

Just bought it. Great stuff. Pyaray? Bringing a bit of Melniboné to the Realms, hmmm?

The motivation is a reference from Dragon #54 (Ed's article on constructing the pantheon of the Realms.)

--Eric
Thauramarth Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 21:17:10
Just bought it. Great stuff. Pyaray? Bringing a bit of Melniboné to the Realms, hmmm?
Wendolyn Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 14:44:44
Superb! Was such a joy to read. Please keep them coming! I love all of the additions of lore, and it is wonderfully written and creative. Excellent work.

I also loved Dagon's portal on the ocean floor, leading to his realm: 89th layer of the Abyss, the eternal ocean known as Shadowsea.

Is there any preexisting lore for such a portal? I ask because I was thinking about a similar portal in the huge cavern beneath Dunspeirrin. Four enormous subterranean rivers empty into the cavernous rift and presumably have done so for thousands of years. Wouldn't the cavern (despite its enormous size) eventually fill up? A portal to the Shadowsea that drains the water away would explain why the cavern and Dunspeirrin remain unflooded. It also would explain the rumors in Dunspeirrin that "some dark god stirs in the depth of the rift."

Anyways, great work!
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 14:40:25
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

A like it, a new ancient evil and anew origin for the north drow. Hopefully it will give others the confidence to come up with their own dark elf cities and nations elsewhere.

Interesting that the cult of araushnee arose in jachaulkyn, it implies that the modern legends around lolth and araushnee did not exist at that time and the link was made later.

Mythology varies regionally and culturally. For the Jhachalkhynaar, the Weaver was seen as a sign of hope, who could weave the faiths of her fractious children back together.
Brimstone Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 13:48:23
Sweet sweet Realmslore. It's like a drink of cool refreshing water after being lost in a Realmslore Desert...
Gary Dallison Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 13:44:08
A like it, a new ancient evil and anew origin for the north drow. Hopefully it will give others the confidence to come up with their own dark elf cities and nations elsewhere.

Interesting that the cult of araushnee arose in jachaulkyn, it implies that the modern legends around lolth and araushnee did not exist at that time and the link was made later.
sleyvas Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 13:11:06
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AJA

Now wait just a minute, this is not Crown of Eaerlann, Eric! Oh ho, I'm on to you buddy. I refuse to be distracted by all these other shiny offerings! I'm not falling for your tricks again! You won't snare me with your awesome Realmslore! Your cool ideas! Your myriad of adventure and story hooks! Your...your....

Hey, this may be a weird response, because I haven't read it yet, but I just opened it and I absolutely love the cover art. I've never heard of the artist Dean Spencer. Does he have a site? Oddly, part of what got me was the Forgotten Realms symbol you've made as well... its pretty but simple, and it makes me want to see if I can do something similar in 3d... maybe make a christmas ornament for my tree.
ericlboyd Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 12:29:58
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

AJA Posted - 04 Mar 2021 : 01:27:17

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000