Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Weird/Vanishing Posts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 16:51:47
So for a couple days now I think...I think...there have been posts that appear that are weird and/or vanish.

I went to reply to one yesterday and it was suddenly gone.

Then I was going to read one today because it shows someone posted...but it was gone.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jan 2021 : 12:23:18
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I removed a post from a spammer; that's it.

If a person edits an existing post, that will also show them as the last poster in a discussion -- even if their post was an older one.

Well that explains a thing or two. I'm less confused now.

Yeah, just the other day, an older post was updated... I went back three or four pages in the discussion, looking for it, before getting bored and giving up.
Returnip Posted - 05 Jan 2021 : 11:19:03
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If a person edits an existing post, that will also show them as the last poster in a discussion -- even if their post was an older one.

Well that explains a thing or two. I'm less confused now.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I don't know if it would affect it in the same way, but I personally have a tendency to reply and then go "oh yeah, let me add this" and edit it... sometimes 3 and 4 times.

Me too. And also I used to work as a translator and I'm a bit damaged so I kinda have to go back and correct grammar, spelling and sometimes linguistical errors.
Ayrik Posted - 05 Jan 2021 : 08:28:00
quote:
I don't know if it would affect it in the same way, but I personally have a tendency to reply and then go "oh yeah, let me add this" and edit it... sometimes 3 and 4 times.

"Great Reader", eh? Seems more like a "Great Scribbler" to me.

I often edit (and re-edit) my posts as well. I got out of the habit of clicking "Preview" button because it's too dangerously close to the accursed "Reset Fields" button. Submissions made from my mobile device tend to be filled with errors, not really typos as much as senseless autocorrects. Candlekeep Forums is not a particularly mobile-friendly site, lol.
sleyvas Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 23:11:57
Kentinal Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 19:50:02
I have seen a few spammer like posts which I expected would disappear within hours. So clearly some others might also see some before a moderator does.

There is also however the possibility the the scribe might have decided to delete their own. I have done that myself a few times.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 19:25:22

Alaundo Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 18:12:48
Well met

I haven't removed any posts over the past week or so. Wooly may chime in here to confirm any actions he took.

Can you enlighten as to the topic of the post? It could also have been moved into another area depending on content. Sometimes posts can be deleted, but rarely whole topics unless it's entirely irrelevant or spam etc.
rredmond Posted - 04 Jan 2021 : 17:45:50
Possibly problematic posts that the admin/mods delete?
We do that with spam on Unseen Servant. I think on some other sites they just lock the thread down. But that's my guess. :D

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000