Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waukeen's return

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheIriaeban Posted - 25 Nov 2020 : 19:39:37
I have been digging around and I haven't found anything. Was it ever said HOW she announced to everyone that she was back? I have an idea but I don't want it to counter any canon reference.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 07:35:15
Senior Scribe TheIriaeban,

I like your idea. Being that Waukeen and Lliira were already close before Waukeen got nabbed and imprisoned, I would imagine, that as Master Rupert implied, there would likely be involvement by Lliira. I would say that there would be an enormous festival in honor of Lliira keeping her word and bond to Waukeen and that there would be significant financial assistance going forward from the church of Waukeen.

I can see those festivals being absolutely amazing! :)

Best regards,

TheIriaeban Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 05:02:13
Since there doesn't seem to be anything canon for this, I will just use what I came up with (if your a god gone for a dozen years, either go big or go home):

After operating this way for only a handful of years, the faithful Iriaeben Waukeenar had their most fervent prayer answered: Waukeen returned. At two hours after sundown on 24 Nightal, 1370, a column of golden light shot up into the night sky from the Tower of Gold. At the same time, every coin and trade bar within earshot of an intelligent being gained a golden aura and a female voice was heard to say “Behold! The Merchant’s Friend has returned. All give praise to Waukeen!” Merchants and townspeople rushed down to the Tower of Gold where they found Lannilea and the other Waukeenar (who had been compelled earlier to go down to the Tower of Gold) bathed in the golden light and leading a ceremony to give thanks to Waukeen. Many merchants joined in the celebration and made substantial donations on the spot. The 24th of Nightal became a new festival celebrated by Waukeenar everywhere.
Lord Karsus Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 04:20:27
-The stock market boomed
Delnyn Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 03:54:51
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I would expect major manifestations in her temples, and minor ones around her remaining clergy. Lliira may have also been involved.

Wait, didn't Lliira hold Waukeen's portfolio in trust as a favor? IIRC, Lliira appreared to the faithful with Waukeen and publicly returned Waukeen's portfolio and power as a shower of golden coins.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 03:51:10
I would expect major manifestations in her temples, and minor ones around her remaining clergy. Lliira may have also been involved.
Dalor Darden Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 03:27:56
My vote is simply that they were notified by her clergy when those individuals discovered her again answering their prayers.
TheIriaeban Posted - 26 Nov 2020 : 03:16:58
Thanks, Delnyn. I am looking for how Waukeen notified everyone on Faerun that she was back. Did she have golden eagles spell it out in the sky? Did she have bards all over the place fall into a trance and say:

"Fiddle dee dum,
Fiddle dee day,
Waukeen is back,
And here to stay."
Delnyn Posted - 25 Nov 2020 : 23:29:57
Serves me right for donating my copy of For Duty and Deity back in 2003. As I remember, the return assumes the party rescues Waukeen from Azzagrat. She grants each of the surviving members a cost-free wish.
TheIriaeban Posted - 25 Nov 2020 : 20:31:39
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I have been digging around and I haven't found anything. Was it ever said HOW she announced to everyone that she was back? I have an idea but I don't want it to counter any canon reference.

I don't recall any specifics, but it's been a long time since I read the For Duty & Deity module. I trust you've looked there?

Oh, yeah. This is the entirety of it:

"The goddess reveals her return to her church (and the rest of Faerün) on the 24th of Nightal, 1370 DR. This day becomes an official festival for the worshipers of Waukeen."
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Nov 2020 : 20:12:35
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I don't recall any specifics, but it's been a long time since I read the For Duty & Deity module. I trust you've looked there?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000