Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campestri in 5e?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 14:34:03
Hey, just wondering, did they ever import campestri (the tiny sometimes singing mushrooms) into 5e? I feel like I did see them somewhere, but I have no clue where.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PattPlays Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 04:07:34
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hey, just wondering, did they ever import campestri (the tiny sometimes singing mushrooms) into 5e? I feel like I did see them somewhere, but I have no clue where.

I feel like I saw them too, possibly in a DMsGuild product but in one of those semiofficial ones (like that Mordenkainen’s Book of Fiends or whatever - but not actually that one).

Where are you thinking of putting them? I still remember the insanely fun adventure from Dungeon that they appeared in - Old Man Katan’s Mushroom Band I think.

Mortenkainen's Fiendish Folio, and unless it appears purely in the text it's not listed. No fungus or plants from what I can tell anywhere in the folio.
Definitely not in Tome of Foes.
sleyvas Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 02:48:37
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

I feel like I saw them too, possibly in a DMsGuild product but in one of those semiofficial ones (like that Mordenkainen’s Book of Fiends or whatever - but not actually that one).

Where are you thinking of putting them? I still remember the insanely fun adventure from Dungeon that they appeared in - Old Man Katan’s Mushroom Band I think.

I know, I so loved that particular adventure. I think I've run in 3 times because its short and easy. I guess I'll dig in the books and see if I find them again, otherwise I'll just remake them.

I was thinking of using them over in the Adusgi Forest in Anchorome, but I'm not sure which of 3 areas yet. I was creating two areas that are hyper growth areas and a third being the area which has a lot of mixed races. One is Raelkath's Sprout, which is another link of the "world tree" concept on the world which may have ties to places like Yggdrasil's Child on Ruathym and Relkath's Foot in the Yuirwood. It will be a giant weirwood with red streaks in its bark (some say the red streaks in the bark is from the blood spilled by the god Asagrimmr when he hung from the world tree by his spear, and later when his son Thoros followed in kind after his father's death). It will have kercpa and anikiwah (my new word for anchorome hybsil that are size medium and more humanlike in the face) working alongside dryads, treants, wood woads, and other fey (sprites, pixies, etc...) as well.

The other hypergrowth area will be Algoma Valley, a place filled with giant flowers, mainly honeysuckle whose flowers are the size of a human's forearm and which has the dire hummingbirds (size small) that we've discussed in the past. It will have kercpa, anikiwah, and shatjan from the herds of atapukk who come to visit the anikiwah.

The third possible area is Goelmearra. Hills with gnomish burrows nestled among lots of trees. Populated with forest gnomes, raucumi (badgerfolk and racoonfolk), ee'na'li (the proper name for fox-centaurs), and half-elves from the Pagunki wood. I'm inclined to stick them in this area and to make this place more oriented towards funny/kid adventures (to make Anchorome have a diverse storytelling potential... some areas for all types of play).

Oh, and the campestri will be "refugees" who USED to live in another hypergrowth area.... Momo Mellonia... a place that used to have wild growths of flowers like Algoma Valley. But some Abeil from the land of the insect men saw the place, and they saw it as a place with great potential for production of honey..... if only it weren't so wild and were put into more "orderly" growths. The abeil have been very successful in essentially terraforming the area for greater yields of product (rather than for natural beauty)..... and everyone except the bearfolk and nearby giants hate the Abeil for doing it.
Seethyr Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 21:36:54
quote:

TomCosta Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 19:34:01
I don't think I've seen them officially.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000