Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Fiction focusing on Selūnites?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John Daker Posted - 01 Nov 2020 : 19:06:19
One of the players in my campaign is playing a cleric of Selūne and is interested in FR fiction in which the Selūnite faith plays a role.

She has already read the old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons comic book series and Mistress of the Night.

Are there any other novels or short stories in which Selūne or her followers play a part?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 24 Nov 2020 : 19:26:29
Acolyte Daker,

I want to say, thought it has been some time, that the novel Tymora's Luck had some good stuff in it for Selune.

Best regards,

Ayrik Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 12:15:53
Selune seems like an odd catch-all sort of goddess. A mixed-bag portfolio filled with otherwise unrelated things. A mixed-bag religion filled with otherwise unrelated followers. All loosely interconnected to Selune through some sort of relationship to the moon.

To me this makes her more interesting than typical and generic "deity of magic", "deity of love", "deity of war", "deity of craft" representations.
maransreth Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 06:57:49

Wyvern's Spur, Azure Bonds book 2, has a priestess of Selune towards the end of the novel (just finished the novel again, so definitely know about this).

There is also mention of the temple of Selune in the town of Immersea and some interesting interactions around the temple. Don't want to give too much away, but I think Wyvern's Spur is a good one. But then again as it is the middle of a trilogy, your player might as well read the other books in the trilogy.
TomCosta Posted - 02 Nov 2020 : 22:41:36
What they said. :-)
Zeromaru X Posted - 02 Nov 2020 : 03:52:49
While not entirely focusing on selūnites, the Brimstone Angels series has a few characters who are followers of Selūne, and Selūne plays a big role even from the background.
Lord Karsus Posted - 02 Nov 2020 : 00:38:27
-The stand-alone novel Mistress of the Night. It was a pretty good book overall, and one of the main characters is a priestess of Selune living in a temple of Selune, and the plot involves some stuff important to the faith.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000