Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 5E character sheets for Team RWBY

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Oct 2020 : 18:32:54
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who watches RWBY... The cast members have a RWBY-themed D&D game going on called The Grimm Campaign, and so they put out 5E character sheets for the members of Team RWBY. It's just Team RWBY, at the moment; I'd love to see Qrow, Neo, Roman Torchwick, and Teams JNPR and CFVY get similar treatment.

There's also a blank RWBY character sheet in pdf format.

(Side note: Nora is the most fun character, and Roman is an awesome bad guy)

If you watch the show but haven't checked out the associated wiki, it's pretty cool -- especially the inspiration for the characters. Blake Belladonna and Adam Taurus, for example, are Beauty and the Beast -- but in this version, the Beast doesn't get the Beauty. Team RWBY are all fairy-tale characters, Team JNPR are all legendary/mythical characters that had to pretend to be the opposite gender, Team CFVY are all desserts...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Irennan Posted - 10 Oct 2020 : 06:12:03
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Really, I'm surprised that I seem to be the only person here (aside from CallMeGene, who turned me onto the series) that watches RWBY.

I believe I watched till the part where the maidens lore was revealed, a few years ago, but it's really hard for me to stay on a long series. This goes for almost every long series; I didn't have anything against RWBY (on the contrary, I quite liked it).
Thinking about it, the only long series I've managed to not stop following is AoT, because the world and the story have a *strong* coherency, built around an equally strong thematic viewpoint, with little to no external elements that dilute the impact. Not perfect, but it handles "show don't tell" very well, and every scene or nearly was necessary and carried conflict, which helped me keeping my attention up.
PattPlays Posted - 10 Oct 2020 : 05:20:38
quote:

[quote]Really, I'm surprised that I seem to be the only person here (aside from CallMeGene, who turned me onto the series) that watches RWBY.

I was a fan from the Red trailer, but volumes 3 and 4 gave me whiplash. Not to mention the pain of remembering a.. certain allergic reaction to medication..
Just can't handle continuing the series after the mess that RT became after volume 3. I don't mean to imply someone else avoid the series, though. Honestly getting into the series today would be a wonderful experience, I'm sure. Watch RvB also, though. Say what you want about the later seasons but it does provide about one MCU's weight of storytelling from start to finish.

Edit: How about we talk statting up those *weapons* though? If we assume a setting where magical weapons only exist so-far-as their magical power source of soul energy, then we can probably craft a format that every weapon easily slots into.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Oct 2020 : 15:46:35
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Is this Sun Wukong (Son Goku in Japanese) the actual Monkey King as depicted Chinese legends?

The world of Remnant had only two gods, and they've left. So Sun is not a god or anything. He's just a teenager like the other Hunters and Huntresses in training.

That said, the creators did everything they could to emulate the Monkey King.

On Remnant, there are humans and Faunus. Faunus look human, but have a single animal feature -- ears, claws, a tail, camouflage ability (for a chameleon Faunus), wings, etc. Sun is a monkey Faunus, so he's got the prehensile monkey tail.

In RWBY, every Hunter/Huntress has a unique weapon, one that usually functions as both firearm and melee weapon. Sun's weapon is a staff -- just like the Monkey King, though Sun's weapon splits into "gunchuks." Sun is very athletic, does a lot of parkour stuff, and is also a skilled martial artist.

And then there's his Semblance. In his case, he can create and control multiple glowing clones of himself. The clones are obviously constructs; they appear like yellow outlines of Sun and cannot be mistaken for a real person. He can control those clones mentally, and they do have a physical presence. He's never done this, that we've seen, for an extended period of time, though. But this is also an obvious take on the Monkey King, who could create clones of himself.

Sun Wukong is not the only RWBY character who draws heavy on something real-world. As I commented before, the members of Team JNPR are all based on real-world legends/myths of people that had to conceal their gender. Nora Valkyrie, for example, is based on Thor. Her weapon is a big hammer/grenade launcher, and her Semblance is that lightning/electricity makes her insanely strong -- something she discovered on a "crazy Thursday."

Really, I'm surprised that I seem to be the only person here (aside from CallMeGene, who turned me onto the series) that watches RWBY.
Delnyn Posted - 04 Oct 2020 : 06:50:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

RWBY is apparently an anime made by somebody named Monty. And we all know that if there's a Monty involved then it's compatible with D&D.

Some would argue whether or not it's truly an anime -- by definition, anime is made in Japan, and RWBY is not made in Japan.

Me, though, I'm not one of those purists. If it's animated and done anime-style, I'll call it anime (I also prefer dubs to subs).

Here's the wiki description of the show:

"The plot is centered around the four members of Team RWBY – Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long. The series follows their meeting and training at Beacon Academy, a prestigious school for training Huntsmen and Huntresses, warriors who defend the world from evil.

Along the way, they make many friends and allies, including fellow students Team JNPR, Sun Wukong and Penny Polendina, and foil the plots of villains, such as Roman Torchwick, Cinder Fall and the terrorist group the White Fang.

However, as the series continues, Team RWBY must confront their own demons: Ruby is faced with moral dilemmas that challenge her heroic intent, Weiss must reconcile her legacy as heiress of the Schnee Dust Company with her own personal convictions, Blake remains haunted by her past as a member of the White Fang, and Yang searches tirelessly for her mother, who mysteriously disappeared when she was a child.

Setting

RWBY is set in the world of Remnant, a future-fantasy world with airships, high-tech weaponry and a form of natural energy called Dust, existing side by side. According to the narration in the series, the early history of Remnant has been long forgotten, with recollections being passed down in the form of myths and legends.

In the world of Remnant, all living creatures possess a soul, the physical manifestation of which is known as Aura: a form of innate energy that bestows its user with certain abilities and powers. Semblances are expressions of this power and are akin to a personal superpower unique to each character. Remnant is populated by two intelligent species - Humanity and the Faunus, a species of Human-animal hybrids.

All of the inhabitants of Remnant are beset by the Grimm, which are described as "creatures of destruction" and lack a soul. Huntsmen and Huntresses fight the Grimm and protect the peace of Remnant and its people."

I think it'd make a pretty cool D&D setting, though handling each person's Semblance could be tricky, and the way they flip their weapons through their various modes would be difficult. Like when Sun splits his staff to nunchaku/guns, and is firing them whilst whipping them around? Yeah, no idea how to make that work in game!

Is this Sun Wukong (Son Goku in Japanese) the actual Monkey King as depicted Chinese legends?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Oct 2020 : 22:40:27
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

RWBY is apparently an anime made by somebody named Monty. And we all know that if there's a Monty involved then it's compatible with D&D.

Some would argue whether or not it's truly an anime -- by definition, anime is made in Japan, and RWBY is not made in Japan.

Me, though, I'm not one of those purists. If it's animated and done anime-style, I'll call it anime (I also prefer dubs to subs).

Here's the wiki description of the show:

"The plot is centered around the four members of Team RWBY – Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long. The series follows their meeting and training at Beacon Academy, a prestigious school for training Huntsmen and Huntresses, warriors who defend the world from evil.

Along the way, they make many friends and allies, including fellow students Team JNPR, Sun Wukong and Penny Polendina, and foil the plots of villains, such as Roman Torchwick, Cinder Fall and the terrorist group the White Fang.

However, as the series continues, Team RWBY must confront their own demons: Ruby is faced with moral dilemmas that challenge her heroic intent, Weiss must reconcile her legacy as heiress of the Schnee Dust Company with her own personal convictions, Blake remains haunted by her past as a member of the White Fang, and Yang searches tirelessly for her mother, who mysteriously disappeared when she was a child.

Setting

RWBY is set in the world of Remnant, a future-fantasy world with airships, high-tech weaponry and a form of natural energy called Dust, existing side by side. According to the narration in the series, the early history of Remnant has been long forgotten, with recollections being passed down in the form of myths and legends.

In the world of Remnant, all living creatures possess a soul, the physical manifestation of which is known as Aura: a form of innate energy that bestows its user with certain abilities and powers. Semblances are expressions of this power and are akin to a personal superpower unique to each character. Remnant is populated by two intelligent species - Humanity and the Faunus, a species of Human-animal hybrids.

All of the inhabitants of Remnant are beset by the Grimm, which are described as "creatures of destruction" and lack a soul. Huntsmen and Huntresses fight the Grimm and protect the peace of Remnant and its people."

I think it'd make a pretty cool D&D setting, though handling each person's Semblance could be tricky, and the way they flip their weapons through their various modes would be difficult. Like when Sun splits his staff to nunchaku/guns, and is firing them whilst whipping them around? Yeah, no idea how to make that work in game!
Ayrik Posted - 03 Oct 2020 : 19:19:20

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000