Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any idea what ever happened to snowblood anyway?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 17:49:32
Was looking at another thread that's utterly stupid, and rather than continue it, figured I'd ask this question related to something Wooly said that reminded me of an old scribe that has always been hit and miss for me (as sometimes I disappear from this site for months, and so I never noticed them on here). I found Snowblood's work on the elves via google and thought it was great years ago. Granted, since then, some has probably become unworkable, but anyone that loved the realms as much as he (she?) apparently did is worth knowing (just as Markustay is). Any idea what happened to them?

On that same topic, I know we've got some old authors here (or at least I think they're old authors), like Aulddragon (who to tell you the truth, I'm not sure who he really is... I believe he goes by Jeff... and I love his god work, and apparently he was involved with spelljamming). Are there any others (and if they don't want to be unmasked, please don't do so)? Its just kind of nice to know who you're talking to sometimes and sometimes surprising to find out where they're from (i.e. the number of folks that I've found out are in Australia, England, and Canada are surprising). Towards that end, I live in the coastal Mississippi/Louisiana area.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 22 Nov 2020 : 06:30:27
Master Krashos,

I remember when I showed some of my players and other friends the materials you, Eric, and Paul have written over the years to demonstrate just how broad and deep lore in the Realms is, and it was quite entertaining. hahaha They just had no idea!

For some reason, your post made me think of that.

Best regards,

George Krashos Posted - 22 Nov 2020 : 05:34:56
Yes, now that Eric and I have "done" Illefarn, Eaerlann, Siluvanede and Sharrven it is interesting to see what he came up with back in the day. Good stuff now that I read it for the first time.

-- George Krashos
cpthero2 Posted - 21 Nov 2020 : 19:54:16
Master Krashos,

quote:
For the record “Snowblood” is another Aussie by the name of Paul Simpson. It looks like he’s moved into “real” writing with a book published in November last year called “Star of Greece: For Profit and Glory”. Looks like he’s left the Realms for a while and may never return.

Congrats to him on his release of his book; however, I do hope he returns to the Realms sometime. Great contributions for sure!

Best regards,

George Krashos Posted - 21 Nov 2020 : 18:34:23
For the record “Snowblood” is another Aussie by the name of Paul Simpson. It looks like he’s moved into “real” writing with a book published in November last year called “Star of Greece: For Profit and Glory”. Looks like he’s left the Realms for a while and may never return.

— George Krashos
cpthero2 Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 21:12:38
Master Rupert,

Yeah, I just looked up his Facebook profile, and it appears like a pretty normal situation, prepping for the holidays, etc.

He must just be taking a break as you said and working on other things. That man's maps though, as I said: wow. Truly amazing.

Best regards,

Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 20:31:37
I see the occasional comment from him on Facebook, on posts by some of our authors and designers. He and I are not Facebook friends, so I can't offer anything more than that.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 19:55:20
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Mark kind of went off the deep end. The world Really has become an Ugly place over the last decade or so and Mark definitely Perceived that, but his reaction to all of it was a little Extreme, Really. Still a nice guy though, but I'll leave it at that.

I heard that, too, though I have really only interacted with him here. Last I remember, he posted something about staying away from the Realms for a time. I haven't seen him here in a long time, but that doesn't mean much, considering I myself come here only sporadically these days.
Lord Karsus Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 17:11:30
-Mark kind of went off the deep end. The world Really has become an Ugly place over the last decade or so and Mark definitely Perceived that, but his reaction to all of it was a little Extreme, Really. Still a nice guy though, but I'll leave it at that.
cpthero2 Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 02:58:07
Great Reader Ayrik,

Good idea, thanks.

I just went there, and WOW. I am always amazed at his work! I wish I had that man's skills in map making. Absolutely awesome!

Best regards,

Ayrik Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 01:51:14
Markustay uploaded many maps to his deviantart page. And, according to members pages, he was active there more recently than he was active here. Probably a better chance of contacting him with private messages at the places he was most recently active online.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Nov 2020 : 01:41:20
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Rupert,

So, does Explorer Markustay usually come back with a whole other host of maps when he is gone as long, or just comes and goes as he does?

Best regards,

As I recall, it's more the latter. Like many of us, he has many interests, and focuses more on some than on others, and then his focus changes.
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 22:22:01
Master Rupert,

So, does Explorer Markustay usually come back with a whole other host of maps when he is gone as long, or just comes and goes as he does?

Best regards,

Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 22:14:33
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Speaking of "Missing Scribes" where in the Nine Hells is Mark Taylor?

He comes and goes. He'll pop in, be active for several months, then disappear for a year.
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 19:45:34
Great Reader Brimstone,

No kidding there. It's been since December 2019 that he's been on here.

Best regards,

Brimstone Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 14:25:28
Speaking of "Missing Scribes" where in the Nine Hells is Mark Taylor?
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 07:43:31
Seeker Compaste,

I think I had it in my mind that Snowblood had multiple accounts here. I think it was just an oversight of mine.

Best regards,

Compaste Posted - 18 Nov 2020 : 04:38:25
Do they still exist, snowblood hasnt visited here for 10 yrs or more.
cpthero2 Posted - 14 Nov 2020 : 05:49:56
Learned Scribe Gelcur,

You're Snowblood? My apologies and not realizing it, if so. I've not spoken with you before on the site, or for that matter, ever.

Best regards,

Gelcur Posted - 14 Nov 2020 : 03:31:25
I always try to stop and at least lurk every month or so. There are times I'm in here daily, normally its how much free time I have and if I'm actively working on a quest.

If I had the time I'd work on D&D all day and I'd be in here constantly. I always fear that places like this will disappear and with it all their lore. It honestly feels like a digital dark age of sorts lately, sites disappearing. The Wayback machine has come in useful more than once but just as frequently it comes up short. I really wish WotC would have just locked and archived their forums. *sigh*
cpthero2 Posted - 06 Nov 2020 : 06:50:33
Great Reader Darden,

If I could upvote that, I would! With the quality of his works, I could actually believe the Elves would come for him to stop his amazing work!

Best regards,

Dalor Darden Posted - 05 Nov 2020 : 23:37:37
His lore and maps were too close to correct and the elves stole him away...
Kentinal Posted - 05 Nov 2020 : 22:52:11
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

thought snowblood had an account on Deviantart but... don't know for sure. I know of two here at the keep who have one.... but I dont see them that active there..

As indicated by Baltas in a post (04 Aug 2020) a ways above yours, last activity there was 2018.

Edits for clarity, I hope they better then first unedited.
sfdragon Posted - 05 Nov 2020 : 22:44:31
thought snowblood had an account on Deviantart but... don't know for sure. I know of two here at the keep who have one.... but I dont see them that active there..
grayhoss Posted - 30 Oct 2020 : 12:19:56
Ashe, could you post the URL? I seem to have lost my archived copy of that thread and need to redo it.
cpthero2 Posted - 29 Oct 2020 : 22:49:44
Master Rupert,

I was searching for Snowblood when I ran across this scroll...

That is interesting about the banning issue for you at WotC. I will say in this instance of not concerning myself with kindness or tact, WotC is full of a great plethora of morally bankrupt, stupendously daft people. There are the occasional folk there who shine through, only to find themselves run over by the MAC truck of intellectual vacuousness. They do tend to reap what they sow, and I am sure in the end they will get their due. They certainly have accrued enough bad will to get them over that finish line.

I am glad to see that something good did come of it regarding your practices of moderating. You're a squared away moderator I will say that. We've had some disagreements here and there, and you are reasonable and patient. So, their loss over at WotC, and this site's gain as far as I am concerned.

Best regards,

Edit: Edited some of my 2:00 a.m. grammar, haha
Hoondatha Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 22:20:56
I joined in 2004 as well, which is a bit mind-bending when I think about it. There have been a number of folks who have stopped posting that I missed. Then again, since I don't work with 4e lore and only a little of 5e stuff, there can be long gaps between when I post.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 13:19:18
Heh... I was just perusing the old Realms NPC threads on the Wayback Machine the other day, and saw your account a number of times, Wooly...

I've been on since 2008, just after I had moved to Minnesota. Guess I needed something to do then.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 05:50:22
I've been here since 2004, myself.

I signed up months before I became active; I was very active on the WotC forums at the time, and just stayed over there.

Then I hit their three strikes and you're out rule. Strike 1 was that I participated in a discussion where someone had been insulted. My participation was agreeing that the initial post was so badly worded it wasn't clear if it was a question or a statement -- and that was after I'd tried to translate whatever the post was and give a helpful response. Everyone in that discussion got a strike, whether they deserved it or not. The second strike was violating the rule about discussing novels -- someone asked if a particular game designer had written a novel, and I said that he hadn't. This was worthy of a strike. And I was never able to find out what the third strike was -- I assume I got a strike for just for participating in a topic that became a problem, but I was never able to find out what the problem was, or even confirm that's why I got that third strike. The mods deleted the topic, and the only one willing to even look into the issue couldn't find any info -- and it took like three tries to even get that much.

That banning was what made me shift my focus over here. The ban notice said I could re-register under a different name, but could not mention my old name or having been banned. I decided I wasn't going to participate if it wasn't under the name I first chose, so I was done, there.

And incidentally, that banning became part of my guidelines for being a mod, here. I keep the behavior of the WizO's in mind, and try very hard to not act like them. There's another mod, on a forum I'm no longer active on, that serves as a similar example. I wasn't banned on that one, it just didn't have enough activity and I got bored with it -- I think I'm still in the top 20 for number of posts, even though I've not posted a thing in years!
Kentinal Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 04:29:24
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Some of us never go away ... of the active posters at the 'Keep, other than Alaundo, I'm the oldest now.

-- George Krashos

You made me look. As to recent posts Salius Kai Posted July 2 2020 a member before you. A member since 13 Dec 2002. Has 217 posts.

Also there is RealmProtector last post 23 Jun 2020 member since 13 Aug 2002 In fairness total posts are 12.

Neither can be considered very active as to number, however if active time goes for recent posts and joining before.

Mostly it got me wondering where I would fall on such a comparison to when became member and was still active. I know there are at least a few older members then me here, Wooly for sure, but was getting too long to continue the research.
Brimstone Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 03:26:42
I believe Grey did some freelance work for WotC. I could be wrong.

I took a couple of years off Candlekeep myself.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000