Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Were any of the following novels ever printed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Enthusior Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 10:29:56
Hi folks,

after years of collecting, I finally think that I have accumulated every novel of the realms there is on my shelf. But some old doubts creep back into my mind: Are the lists I used to track my progress actually complete?

Mostly I stuck to the fandom wiki (link below for reference).
Some of the mentioned novels are listed as having been released as ebook only, so I didn't mind them any further in my efforts. But in some cases I have doubts (sometimes backed up by obscure product listings somewhere else on the web).

I would be immensely greatful if anyone here (you, maybe?) could point
out if any of the following novels were actually released as a paperback ever. Or if they are aware of any novels that are missing on the fandom wikipedia.

Here goes the list:
Cold Steel and Secrets - Rosemary Jones - 2011
Prince of Ravens - Richard Baker - 2012
Shadowbane - Erik Scott de Bie - 2011 (ESPECIALLY DOUBTFUL!)
Shadowbane: Eye of Justice - Erik Scott de Bie - 2012
Spider and Stone - Jaleigh Johnson - 2012
Sword of the Gods: Spinner of Lies - Bruce R. Cordell - 2011

Your help is so appreciated!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_novels_in_order_of_publication
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 14 Nov 2020 : 03:55:14
quote:
Originally posted by Enthusior

Hi George,

thank you for the reply.
Maybe I phrased my question ambiguously, so please let me clarify: I am aware that the mentioned books are available digitally. What I want to make sure of is that none of these ever had a printed copy, else my shelf collection of novels wouldn't be as complete as I'd like to think it is.
Or put differently: I'm trying to verify that there are no books out there that I neglected to hunt down because I didn't know about them.

I'm with you on this one. Love the look of my paperback Realms book collection. Sadly I had to buy a few e-books as that was the only option.
Mirtek Posted - 24 Jul 2020 : 20:45:03
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Cold Steel and Secrets was actually released in several parts. Not sure if all of them together have the size of a regular novel. I really loved the books by Rosemary Jones.

IIRC even all of the 4 (?) parts together are only half as long as the average FR novel
Tanthalas Posted - 23 Jul 2020 : 20:55:51
Cold Steel and Secrets was actually released in several parts. Not sure if all of them together have the size of a regular novel. I really loved the books by Rosemary Jones.
Enthusior Posted - 21 Jul 2020 : 12:43:52
Thank you, that makes sense. It is indeed a pity indeed!
Mirtek Posted - 19 Jul 2020 : 19:49:20
quote:
Originally posted by Enthusior

Oh and also: I find it curious that "Murder in Halruaa" (Richard Meyers - 1996) seems to be the ONLY novel that was not released as paperback copy following its initial hard cover version. If anyone is aware of there being one after all, I would appreciate that piece of information as well. :)

AFAIK it's paperback fel victim to the bankruptcy of TSR and the takeover of WotC. Somewhere in this process it was forgotten.

For years I dreamed about a cache of printed paperbacks that was produced and then forgotten in an old warehouse, but no luck.

A paperback version never existed :(
Enthusior Posted - 16 Jul 2020 : 20:10:33
Thank you guys.
With my confidence restored I now can bask in the presence of my bookshelf with the warm feeling of a long journey coming to an end. ;)

Only one challenge remains: Out of 285 realms novels to date, there are still many that I didn't read yet...
CorellonsDevout Posted - 16 Jul 2020 : 19:13:00
Ebook only. The release of Shadowbane was actually what made me break down and buy a Kindle lol. I still buy physical books, but my Kindle has certainly come in handy.
George Krashos Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 22:01:17
There are no printed books out there.

-- George Krashos
Enthusior Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 14:41:11
Hi George,

thank you for the reply.
Maybe I phrased my question ambiguously, so please let me clarify: I am aware that the mentioned books are available digitally. What I want to make sure of is that none of these ever had a printed copy, else my shelf collection of novels wouldn't be as complete as I'd like to think it is.
Or put differently: I'm trying to verify that there are no books out there that I neglected to hunt down because I didn't know about them.
George Krashos Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 14:08:27
They were all released as e-books and I believe are still available on Amazon.

-- George Krashos
Enthusior Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 11:02:13
Oh and also: I find it curious that "Murder in Halruaa" (Richard Meyers - 1996) seems to be the ONLY novel that was not released as paperback copy following its initial hard cover version. If anyone is aware of there being one after all, I would appreciate that piece of information as well. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000