Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep - The Nine: Virtual Gen Con Seminar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 07 Jul 2020 : 08:43:59
The Candlekeep Seminar for Virtual Gen Con this year is up as an event. No details yet but I'm sure that more will be forthcoming soon.

-- George Krashos
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Delwa Posted - 19 Jul 2020 : 02:47:53
I'm sorry I missed reading this thread after I last posted. I forgot to subscribe to email notifications for the topic. But boy the laughs I just had were deep and hearty!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 19:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death

lol, thank you for making me smile (and thank you Wooly as well)

"hamster-powered sphere of death" is one of the funniest phrases I've heard in a while!
TheIriaeban Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 19:33:56
Your welcome. That gives me an idea for a new gnome spell: Baravar's Curse. It causes the target to either get a rash or the hiccups whenever they are in a stressful situation. Melee attacks, AC, and physical non-weapon proficiency skill checks gets a 4 point penalty for the rash. Casting a spell with a vocal component is almost impossible, no thief can sneak up on anything unless it is deaf, and mental non-weapon proficiency checks get a 4 point penalty for the hiccups.

Edit: Fixed the proficiency part.
sleyvas Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 19:04:45
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Looks at Delwa, then slyly "points" with his eyes at the giant glassteel hamster ball in the corner.

Oh, sweet Tymora, he's gonna crush us all in that thing...

<hands TheIriaeben a cloak>

"Ghostform, you'll have the best seat in the house. Don't dispel the reverse gravity cast on the block of Cheeeese inside the ball until everyone's getting bored. It should be quite a show, especially when the prism effect of the glassteel turns the stage so many colors that even Leira might vomit."

Thanks but here's your cloak back. Ghostform gives me a terrible rash. Just something about the Ethereal Plane, I guess. I got a cube of force around here somewhere. If not, I know where I can get my hands on a wand of force. Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death

lol, thank you for making me smile (and thank you Wooly as well)
TheIriaeban Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 18:54:32
quote:

quote:

quote:

Looks at Delwa, then slyly "points" with his eyes at the giant glassteel hamster ball in the corner.

"Ghostform, you'll have the best seat in the house. Don't dispel the reverse gravity cast on the block of Cheeeese inside the ball until everyone's getting bored. It should be quite a show, especially when the prism effect of the glassteel turns the stage so many colors that even Leira might vomit."

Thanks but here's your cloak back. Ghostform gives me a terrible rash. Just something about the Ethereal Plane, I guess. I got a cube of force around here somewhere. If not, I know where I can get my hands on a wand of force. Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death
sleyvas Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 18:21:00
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I just signed up. Really looking forward to this. I do have to say, though, with so many prestigious scribes present, I'm sure someone will be able to cast Reduce Animal on a single Giant Hamster, should Wooly sit near the front.

But I'm not just an animal, I'm a legend.

TheIriaeban Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 16:55:45
quote:

quote:

quote:

I just signed up. Really looking forward to this. I do have to say, though, with so many prestigious scribes present, I'm sure someone will be able to cast Reduce Animal on a single Giant Hamster, should Wooly sit near the front.

sleyvas Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 16:49:13
quote:

quote:

Delwa Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 05:45:24
quote:

quote:

So... I need a 10th level spell slot?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 05:07:44
quote:

Delwa Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 04:59:58
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2020 : 20:02:35
quote:

I have never been to one either but I got a ticket to this event. My only ask is that Wooly sit towards the back. A giant hamster would certain block a bunch of people's view of the panel.

I will make no such promises!
TheIriaeban Posted - 13 Jul 2020 : 17:33:12
I have never been to one either but I got a ticket to this event. My only ask is that Wooly sit towards the back. A giant hamster would certain block a bunch of people's view of the panel.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2020 : 17:16:04
...And I'm in. As I noted previously, I wasn't going to pay any attention to this virtual GenCon, but this gives me a reason to join in.

I had my cursor on the Submit button and rode the clock down, and was number 100 to get in line -- so of course I got in for the Seminar, the one event on my list.

I guess I'll be seeing y'all online in a couple weeks.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 09 Jul 2020 : 02:13:42
I've never been able to attend GenCon...maybe I'll be able to this time.
maransreth Posted - 08 Jul 2020 : 07:39:33
quote:

This is The Nine that broke up over a hat, right?

No, mention is made instead of the repetition of nine in various places. similar to the use of 13 in other places.

George - Thank you for the heads up about this event as well, I was not aware of the virtual aspect and have now wishlisted a few different seminars.
TheIriaeban Posted - 07 Jul 2020 : 22:41:54
quote:

I was planning on ignoring the virtual GenCon, but this has changed my mind.

Someone used the 9 words of power: "That clearly does not make any gosh darned sense." Everyone was stunned for one round and then a general apathy effect kicked in and they all just wondered off.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jul 2020 : 14:51:42
I was planning on ignoring the virtual GenCon, but this has changed my mind.

Gary Dallison Posted - 07 Jul 2020 : 10:12:31
Yay, i forgot all about this, just signed up, i may actually attend one at long last.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000