Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Song of Dawn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Myth Posted - 27 May 2020 : 00:57:57
This is a song performed by clerics and priest of Lathander, usually at equinox, I am wandering if there is a "real" song written officially by any author, being so mentioned in the Godīs portfolio.

Thanks, travellers!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheIriaeban Posted - 28 May 2020 : 19:17:37
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Myth

Thanks Woly!
Thanks Eric ?

(That might be an American joke.)

In all serious, the Song of Dawn is probably a combination of sound and light. I'm picturing a color spray "light show" (like at a big concert) combined with music, only the colors are the key piece, not the music.

--Eric

I'm picturing the Disney light show wherein they use their castle as the background... however, performed at dawn instead of at the start of the night.

I am picturing Kanchelsis' avatar in the back, stoned out of his skull just repeating "wow" a few times and then draining the blood of the guy standing next to him because he got the munchies.
sleyvas Posted - 28 May 2020 : 16:20:02
quote:

quote:

Thanks Woly!
Thanks Eric ?

In all serious, the Song of Dawn is probably a combination of sound and light. I'm picturing a color spray "light show" (like at a big concert) combined with music, only the colors are the key piece, not the music.

--Eric

I'm picturing the Disney light show wherein they use their castle as the background... however, performed at dawn instead of at the start of the night.
AJA Posted - 27 May 2020 : 22:17:53
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal
Not sure we all needed stats, a good song now and then could be better

(Jeremiah Johnson.gif, but with Tom Bombadil instead)

I like Eric's concept of manifested light and color being integral to the song, and I'd also like to second the idea that the sung part of the "song" is effectively wordless (going with the "vocal harmonies and counterharmonies" of Faiths and Avatars and possibly what Eric was saying with "a combination of sound and light," above), similar in form to that of Pink Floyd's The Great Gig In The Sky.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 May 2020 : 22:13:37
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

Me too. But you all needed avatar stats, right?

Not sure we all needed stats, a good song now and then could be better.

<Standing in the background, holding up the SARCASM sign>

I agree, more divine lore would have been cool -- though more than songs and rituals, I personally would have favored blurbs about prominent members of the faith. This person at or near the top of the hierarchy, this person that's head of a local temple, that wandering priest, this lay person... Then again, I'm a junkie for characters -- NPCs are what makes a setting come alive, in my occasionally humble opinion.
Kentinal Posted - 27 May 2020 : 21:17:16
quote:

Not sure we all needed stats, a good song now and then could be better.
ericlboyd Posted - 27 May 2020 : 20:24:40
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 May 2020 : 19:37:16
-The depth in the 2e religion books is great, but I wish they had more stuff like this. Names of holy books, names of prayers, names of hymns, things of that nature.
ericlboyd Posted - 27 May 2020 : 18:53:20
quote:

Thanks Woly!
Thanks Eric ?

--Eric
Myth Posted - 27 May 2020 : 11:06:19
Thanks Woly!
Thanks Eric ?
ericlboyd Posted - 27 May 2020 : 03:51:11
quote:

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQKXH6PMSU

I don#180;t know if I am more shocked about getting answered by Eric or at the same time get a nice troll answer

(love u Eric big fan)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't think any such song exists officially, but I did find a fan-made one once. Not that great, but might serve for your purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

--Eric
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 May 2020 : 03:40:19
I don't believe any such song exists in published Realmslore.

TSR was always really careful about religious stuff and kept things really vague. WotC was more relaxed about it, but they weren't in any big hurry to delve into very specific divine lore like that, when they could put their efforts into a regional book or adventure that would appeal to a larger audience.

This is not a knock on either company; TSR had to tread carefully in the days of the "D&D is evil!" nonsense, and both companies have generally gone for the larger audience -- which makes good business sense.
Myth Posted - 27 May 2020 : 03:12:06
I find a lot of songs to the Dawn on net just trying to know if there is an oficial one or I can roleplay it my way :P
Myth Posted - 27 May 2020 : 03:05:32
quote:

I don#180;t know if I am more shocked about getting answered by Eric or at the same time get a nice troll answer

(love u Eric big fan)
ericlboyd Posted - 27 May 2020 : 02:33:19

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000