Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dragon Heist 1485 DR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The_Silversword Posted - 12 May 2020 : 19:24:14
The adventure obviously takes place after Laeral Silverhand becomes Open Lord of Waterdeep around 1490 DR? My problem is my campaign has only advanced to 1485 DR, now sure I could just fast forward 5 or so years, but that seems like the cheap way out. I'd rather just tweak the adventure to fit in with my timeline. So, other than Neverember still being Open Lord (He's already spending alot of time at Neverwinter so I dont see it as an issue) and Azuth and Asmodeus are still stuck together, which might make things interesting for Cassalanter. Aside from that what are the key differences between now and then. Any key historical events between 1485 and 1490ish I should keep in mind? What do yall think? Am I wasting my time?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The_Silversword Posted - 21 May 2020 : 10:25:54
So, got some more questions, when does 5e officially start? Whats the status of the Weave in 1485? Would casters still be using the Metatext or whatever the 4e version of the weave was called?

Next question, The adventure makes it seem like Jarlaxle is running the show in Luskan, wanting to buy their way into the Lords alliance. I havnt read very many of the Drizzt novels, how long has Jarlaxle been allied with Luskan?
1485 too soon?
The_Silversword Posted - 14 May 2020 : 08:43:29
quote:
Originally posted by maransreth

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

Option two is a trap involving Phezult's Sleep of Ages. Same effect. I believe Mirt got caught in one which is why he is still around in the 1400s.

Off-Topic but Mirt was a blueflame ghost, as per one of the Elminster books.

Interesting, and totally on topic, this is good information to know. I've read most of the game books, but scant few of the novels, so any information is always much appreciated.
The_Silversword Posted - 14 May 2020 : 08:40:08
quote:

Our group had a 3 year time jump because of an unstable portal. They accidently went through to a demiplane, had an adventure and the portal back returned them to where they started but it was 3 years into the future. It was a bit of a confusion until they figured out what happened.

Option two is a trap involving Phezult's Sleep of Ages. Same effect. I believe Mirt got caught in one which is why he is still around in the 1400s.

I was leaning towards malfunctioning portal, but I have never ran this group through a Realms Shaking Event before. This current group started with 3e/3.5, so when I switched to 4e I gave them the option of just converting their characters to 4e and continuing with that group running through the whole Spellplague thing or just start fresh in the new 4e timeline, they decided to start fresh, however switching to 5e it was decided to keep the characters, so I want these guys to experience the Sundering, with those events occurring in the background during the adventure, or perhaps being brought front and center depending on the situation and what the characters decide to do.
The_Silversword Posted - 14 May 2020 : 08:27:50
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by The_Silversword

The adventure obviously takes place after Laeral Silverhand becomes Open Lord of Waterdeep around 1490 DR? My problem is my campaign has only advanced to 1485 DR, now sure I could just fast forward 5 or so years, but that seems like the cheap way out. I'd rather just tweak the adventure to fit in with my timeline. So, other than Neverember still being Open Lord (He's already spending alot of time at Neverwinter so I dont see it as an issue) and Azuth and Asmodeus are still stuck together, which might make things interesting for Cassalanter. Aside from that what are the key differences between now and then. Any key historical events between 1485 and 1490ish I should keep in mind? What do yall think? Am I wasting my time?

The whole kernel of the adventure doesn't work; the dragons (gold) of the Heist aren't really collected, since Neverember is still Open Lord, and the Dragon of the Heist doesn't work either because the Dragonstaff is in Nazra Mrays' hands after The God Catcher (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonstaff_of_Ahghairon).

Dragon Heist is a really awkward pun/dramatic setup that they had to force into the canon and do a bunch of retcons and mischaracterizations to make work. It's your game of course, but I'd consider it unsalvageable.

I'm getting the impression that you hate this adventure regardless when it takes place lol.

Hmmmmmm I don't know if I would call it unsalvageable. I cant find anything that tells me when exactly the Vault was created, I'm assuming it was created, or at least commissioned at sometime during his reign, so I think 1485 works just as well as any other year. I imagine the vault working like Richard Pryor's program in Superman 3 where it skimmed so much money over time, so yeah, this early in the game its probably not going to have a lot, but its going to take time for them all to get all the pieces of the puzzle so it's bound to have something worthwhile. And about the staff, I might incorporate that as a quest or something, where the characters have to retrieve the staff, or I could make it one of the keys. You've given me lots of ideas here, thank you, this is exactly the kinda stuff I was looking for.
maransreth Posted - 13 May 2020 : 07:09:33
quote:

Off-Topic but Mirt was a blueflame ghost, as per one of the Elminster books.
TheIriaeban Posted - 13 May 2020 : 00:03:48
Our group had a 3 year time jump because of an unstable portal. They accidently went through to a demiplane, had an adventure and the portal back returned them to where they started but it was 3 years into the future. It was a bit of a confusion until they figured out what happened.

Arivia Posted - 12 May 2020 : 21:56:25
quote:
Originally posted by The_Silversword

The whole kernel of the adventure doesn't work; the dragons (gold) of the Heist aren't really collected, since Neverember is still Open Lord, and the Dragon of the Heist doesn't work either because the Dragonstaff is in Nazra Mrays' hands after The God Catcher (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonstaff_of_Ahghairon).

Dragon Heist is a really awkward pun/dramatic setup that they had to force into the canon and do a bunch of retcons and mischaracterizations to make work. It's your game of course, but I'd consider it unsalvageable.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000