Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Elminster's Candlekeep Companion (with Ed)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MTBlack Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 02:23:26
Ed Greenwood was a consultant on this project, which promises to be the most comprehensive guide to Candlekeep ever published! It will launch by the end of April.

Sign-up to my mailing list for a 20% discount on launch. http://bit.ly/mtblacksignup

You can click here to see the cover - https://twitter.com/MTBlack2567/status/1247331125757788161
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MTBlack Posted - 24 Jul 2020 : 02:50:13
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

quote:
Originally posted by MTBlack

Thankyou! The same team is working with Ed to detail *another* iconic Forgotten Realms location, one that has also been underserviced. I look forward to announcing it!

Brilliant! Thanks and keep us posted.

Just announced "Darkhold: Secrets of the Zhentarim"
Seravin Posted - 17 May 2020 : 13:18:21
quote:
Originally posted by MTBlack

Thankyou! The same team is working with Ed to detail *another* iconic Forgotten Realms location, one that has also been underserviced. I look forward to announcing it!

Brilliant! Thanks and keep us posted.
The_Silversword Posted - 17 May 2020 : 13:16:48
Ooohhhhh! can't wait!
MTBlack Posted - 15 May 2020 : 23:36:24
The_Silversword Posted - 12 May 2020 : 19:02:23
Just picked it up. beautifully done, that map is gorgeous! Candlekeep is such an iconic locale. Nice to finally see it in detail. Kudos to everyone involved. Hoping for a print version.
MTBlack Posted - 30 Apr 2020 : 04:26:10
Thank you, folks - it is encouraging to hear this feedback :-)
George Krashos Posted - 30 Apr 2020 : 00:53:25
Yes, purchased and very pleased. Good stuff.

-- George Krashos
Alaundo Posted - 29 Apr 2020 : 09:52:26
Well met

Purchased yesterday. A lovely looking product and seems very comprehensive. Looking forward to delving in!
MTBlack Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 23:14:08
Hi folks, we really appreciate the purchases!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 18:10:12
Dang it!

Okay, so not only did I spring for the separate map before noticing it was included, I just checked my email and found a "Hey, get this new thing for 20%!" notice in there.

That'll teach me not to make purchases in a hurry...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 16:47:53
I am, officially, working from home right now... But I still hopped onto my home computer just to make this purchase.

(The DM's Guild and associated sites will load on my work computer, but they're painfully slow -- and I can't easily transfer files off of the work computer, due to corporate security policies)
Brimstone Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 14:17:10
Just bought a copy!
MTBlack Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 13:48:56
This is now live! It includes an amazing map and lots of great lore...

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/311436/
TomCosta Posted - 14 Apr 2020 : 01:49:28
Excellent. That warms the cockles of my heart. Thank you.
MTBlack Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 23:09:03
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Would love a good map of the place. The existing maps (Baldur's Gate video game and snippets of places from some adventures like Confrontation at Candlekeep) don't come close to mirroring the images of the place.

It includes a very cool map
TomCosta Posted - 10 Apr 2020 : 17:36:47
Would love a good map of the place. The existing maps (Baldur's Gate video game and snippets of places from some adventures like Confrontation at Candlekeep) don't come close to mirroring the images of the place.
Ayrik Posted - 09 Apr 2020 : 02:41:35
I'd like at least 24 hours notice if you're going to be showing my room to adventurers. And please don't disturb my quasit, he tends to bite strangers.
TomCosta Posted - 09 Apr 2020 : 01:37:57
Don't forget Confrontation at Candlekeep adventure.
sleyvas Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 22:04:27
You may enjoy this thread which can help you populate Chapter 5. The subject was "Tomes of esoteric lore in Unther"

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22383

It was basically some musings for titles of books that MIGHT come from Faerunian history. I know people can get punchy when making up stuff like this, so I freely allow you to use anything that I personally came up with in that thread. It might also give you ideas. I won't say its "gold", but I think there's some nuggets there.
MTBlack Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 01:33:01
Here's the Blurb:

Elminster’s Candlekeep Companion aims to be the definitive guide to Candlekeep in DUNGEONS & DRAGONS fifth edition. Players and Dungeon Masters can use this book to create characters and adventures relating to Candlekeep and the knowledge it contains.

Chapter 1 provides new character options for creating Candlekeep-inspired characters.

Chapter 2 presents a general overview of Candlekeep, such as requirements for entry, major locations, and the monastic order known as the Avowed.

Chapter 3 includes an in-depth look at the Great Library of Candlekeep, its rules, and the books contained therein.

Chapter 4 details ideas for creating Candlekeep adventures. It also includes an adventure by M.T. Black, for use in Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus.

Chapter 5 contains new magic items and spells found in Candlekeep and its vaults, including magical books, tomes, and grimoires.

Chapter 6 provides new monsters and NPCs, such as bookworms and Mirrym, the Sentinel Wyrm.
sleyvas Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 14:21:40
Just wondering, what might this entail? Are we going to see something like a long list of book names that are in the Keep with details about how that book might help you? Or more of a map and NPC compilation? Maybe some rules on how to use the Keep to improve research on something in a 5e campaign? Details on Keep defenses? New spellbooks like what was done in the 1e gray box with new spells listed? New class options for someone involved in some way with Candlekeep?
Alaundo Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 11:59:06
Well met

Now that certainly has my attention. I look forward to seeing more of this tome.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 02:47:13
That looks intriguing!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000