Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Crypt of the Black Hand now available

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cards77 Posted - 10 Mar 2020 : 02:02:35
Thanks to my mapping partner for all the hard work.

My first ever project. It's very plug and play for any setting or area but I tried to at least have some lore about WHY and HOW it exists.

I'm sure my shortcomings will be pointed out, but I'm hopeful some of you will find it enjoyable.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/305990/Forgotten-Realms-Crypt-of-the-Black-Hand

“Hellgate Keep” (TSR9562) was an amazing adventure module but offered very few details about the Crypt of the Black Hand that dwelt beneath it.

This 5E supplement expands upon the history and lore of this locale along with providing all the maps, room descriptions, suggested encounters, and monster stat blocks you need to create a truly memorable dungeon crawl for your players.

While the Crypt is located within the High Forest in the Forgotten Realms® setting, it can be easily placed anywhere an underground dungeon is needed, in any setting.

This module is designed for use with at least four PCs levels 9 to 12 with at least one divine spell caster recommended. Monster stat blocks and DM overview maps are provided as close to the description of the encounter as possible for quick reference.

**Also available for Pathfinder**
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cards77 Posted - 03 May 2020 : 20:38:41
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix Sorcica

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

Anyone have any feedback on this? I am working on a new project and would like to get some constructive feedback. I'm sure there is plenty that could be better.

Well, I have only skimmed the preview, but from this, I can give you some feedback. It may come off as harsh, but I hope you can use it constuctively:

First of all, you need to proofread the document thoroughly. You have a reach of 155 ft., a +21 attack bonus and stuff like that.

Secondly, and much worse imo, you don't show a firm grasp on 5e rules,

Hopefully, you can use this input to further improve your offerings.

Appreciate the feedback. You're right I do not have a good grasp of 5e. I used a converter. We both did proofread it, but inevitably there will be mistakes.

I only made it for use with PF, but sadly only 5e is allowed on the guild.

Many of the monsters, skills, etc were done away with in 5e and I had trouble being able to convert them properly.

I'm hoping that the less glaring errors (like Neutral alignment) can be overlooked.
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 15 Apr 2020 : 18:51:22
CMB and CMD are Pathfinder inventions. But the point is not really whether things are from 3.X or PF.
LordofBones Posted - 15 Apr 2020 : 11:21:15
I'm, uh, relatively certain that those PF-isms are 3.5e-isms, unless CMB and CMD have popped up for some reason.
Delnyn Posted - 15 Apr 2020 : 00:54:13
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

What are "PF-isms"?

-- George Krashos

PF = Path Finder
George Krashos Posted - 15 Apr 2020 : 00:43:30
What are "PF-isms"?

-- George Krashos
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 14 Apr 2020 : 23:04:33
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

Anyone have any feedback on this? I am working on a new project and would like to get some constructive feedback. I'm sure there is plenty that could be better.

Well, I have only skimmed the preview, but from this, I can give you some feedback. It may come off as harsh, but I hope you can use it constuctively:

First of all, you need to proof read the document thoroughly. You have a reach of 155 ft., a +21 attack bonus and stuff like that.

Secondly, and much worse imo, you don't show a firm grasp on 5e rules, terms and mechanics, instead using PF-isms. Examples are Disable Device (skill doesn't exist in 5e), True Neutral alignment (Unaligned in 5e), DC30 for a secret door (DC30 in 5e is more like PF's DC40), Negative AC, Constitution Drain, Will Saves and so on.

I'm afraid for me that makes it an instant no buy, even if the adventure and associated lore is great (which I'm sure it is - I just started by looking at mechanics and stopped there).

Hopefully, you can use this input to further improve your offerings.
George Krashos Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 16:56:31
Not sure I understand the link between the liches of the Night Parade in Zhentil Keep and Ascalhorn ...

-- George Krashos
jamesewelch Posted - 27 Mar 2020 : 12:17:08
Hey,

1. You need the DM's Guild logo on your cover as per the requirements https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/217029188-Logo-and-Artwork-Questions

Eventually, someone will notice there's no logo on your title page and flag your book, which means it'll get hidden from public until DMG sends you an email telling you to add a logo, then they review it, then it eventually gets un-hidden. The logo image links and the rule is the last question on the above linked page.

2. Be sure that you have permission to use the Hellgate's Keep image. If not, you also might get flagged for copyright violation. This is a bit more tricky than forgetting the logo, if you get flagged here, then your account is flagged versus just a single product.

3. If you didn't do this as an appendix, I'd recommend flipping the map portrait to fill a full PDF page (and rotating room numbers so it's readable as normal).

4. Lastly, you can't resell this for Pathfinder. Once you upload your document, you transfer all rights (for written, not graphics) to DMG. You can't post this for free download or resell anywhere other than DMG. (regarding 'available for Pathfinder')

Overall, the text, formatting, etc. all look great. Also be sure to have the updated legal text (found at https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/217520927-Ownership-and-License-OGL-Questions ).

Great job!
Cards77 Posted - 25 Mar 2020 : 14:31:18
Brimstone Posted - 10 Mar 2020 : 05:16:53
Bought a copy!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000