Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Erevan Ilesere, The god who stole shadows.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 01 Aug 2018 : 07:44:21
So deities die and come back all the time. Their portfolios shift and change every single time they do. Vhaeraun died and came back. Eilistraee died and came back. So I'm thinking in my realms... Erevan Ilesere knew thousands of years ago that everything from the events of The Last Mythal and Erevis Cale trilogy, up to the spell plague and sundering would take place. He was setting up the chess board the whole time while playing whimsical ignorance to the Seldarine and the other pantheons. Taunting a divine game of "Who's the better thief." between himself, Vhaeraun and Mask. He convinced both gods to play the game with the winner getting the rewards of all the portfolios of the losing deities as he chooses. Both Mask and Vhaeraun wanted the portfolio of Trickery and Rogues and Mischief. But Erevan wanted only the portfolios of Shadow and Thievery to better survive and combat the coming events in the multiverse.

Over the course of thousands of years of trickery, mischief and deception, Erevan Ilesere managed to trick Volumvax to steal some of the divine power of Mask, setting forth the events of the Shadowstorm, and sowing seeds of chaos among the drow of Faerun that lead to The War of The Spider Queen, he simply went about the multiverse as usual, wenching and celebrating and getting in trouble, so as not to alert the other pantheons that anything was amis.

With the help of his few mortal Chosen, Erevan secretly set into motion his survival for the coming future events on Toril that would ravage and slaughter many of the deities that called this world their home. By way of mischief and deception he caused the downfall and inner strife of the Drow Pantheon, and by way of trickery and misdirection he caused Mask to lose a part of his godhood through the actions of Volumvax the betrayer.

Thus, once Vhaeraun and Mask were destroyed, he won the divine game of "Best Thief" and stole the portfolios of Thievery from Vhaeraun and Shadows from Mask. Currently in the Realms, both Mask and Vhaeraun came back to life and are searching for ways to take back their former portfolios from the Fey Jester himself, but to no avail so far.

Although some scholars and seers have called Erevan cocky and arrogant, flighty and whimsical, sly and wry and cruel in manner and disposition, he remains one of the few ancient deities on Toril to withstand the tests of time and hardships among the gods and goddesses of the multiverse. Erevan Ilesere now holds the portfolios of Mischief, Trickery, Rogues, Change, Elf, Thievery, and Shadow.

As of 1491 DR, his priests and divine casters are offered the domains of Shadow and Avarice as a choice to choose from. Clerics of Shar, the remaining Princes of Shade Enclave, Malaugrym, Shadar-Kai and demons and devils of all kinds are enemies that The Trickster had foreseen and prepared for, and inadvertently prepared his devoted followers for as well.

Erevan Ilesere has many friends among the gods and goddesses of Toril, but unfortunately he also has many more enemies than most other deities, due to his fickle nature and disregard for order and law. Albeit for good or for himself, Erevan is a true champion of the Seldarine, and a lifelong friend and adventuring companion to Brandobaris, Baravar Cloakshadow and Vergadain. The exploits of their adventures together are nothing short of legendary, epic accounts of myths and tales that parents tell their children beside a bright fire and warm beds.

Erevan Ilesere is currently adventuring throughout the realm of Faerie, with the grace and permission of Tatianna and Oberon. It is said that he is contriving schemes, brokering deals and pranking and tricking all the gods and demi-gods of the Fey realm. Living up to his title as the Jack of The Seelie Court, Erevan even courted Rhiannon, the creator goddess of the Fey, and made a pact with her that is binding until the multiverse breaks asunder and slays Ao.

Stay tuned... more to come next week!! My proposal to WoTc, Hasbro and the demi-liches of ancient TSR.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 15:08:45
::waves::

Hey CEV. I won't say improved at all, but as you say... nobody cares really.
King Libertine Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 02:38:48
Ahem... Not sure what's wrong with this? Canon, no... Improved, yes... Well thought out and stealing some stuff?, yes. Your FR game may never include this lore. The books don't. And nobody cares really. It's a game after all.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 27 May 2020 : 23:47:59
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I think points both of you have made are true. From Demihuman Deities:

"Erevan has a long-standing rivalries with other rogue powers, including Beshaba and Mask, for their cruelty and greed offends the Trickster's light-hearted nature.
Eravan is fickle, utterly unpredictable power who can change his appearance at will. He is one of the most fun-loving powers in the multiverse, and he seems incapable of remaining still or concentrating on a single task for any extended period of time. The Trickster enjoys causing trouble for its own sake, but his pranks are rarely helpful or deadly. However, Erevan becomes very dangerous if sylvan races or weak elven groups are threatened, and he is always championing the underdog."

Thinking about it, his unpredictability (and perchance for trickery) is why the SCAG says he is of "darker bent". If we go by this quote, he both champions the underdog, and will defend those who need to defending (the F&A also notes he is fiercely loyal to the Seldarine, so even if Fenmarel is his scapegoat, he will defend him if need be). He's unpredictable and mischievous, so that makes him a bit of "darker bent", but he is also gentle, and his pranks are ultimately harmless (though you could of course make the argument that pranks can have unforeseen consequences).

Exactly. And his priests, or clerics or specialty clerics all think differently than one another and come to conclusions differently. Erevan may not want to harm any particular deity during a prank, but his clergy may want to.Or individual clergy members may want to.

With the 2ED Demi-humans quote above us, we can see Erevan Ilesere is capable of almost anything. He's NOT a melee warrior, nor a ranged combat god. He is a Rogue at heart and therefore using sneak attacks and deception in combat both magical and melee.

He is the most Fey you can get in the Seldarine pantheon. Having extended his elven nature into that of The Seelie Court on the Plane of Faerie.

Erevan Ilesere is pretty much ALL ABOUT HIMSELF as far as the cosmos is concerned. But if elves become involved, he gets nasty in the defense of his nature. You may see death coming when Corellon Larethian charges you, but Erevan Ilesere will dispatch you with laughter and guile on his lips from behind.

I can truly see Erevan taking on "Shadow" as a portfolio as all tricksters and pranksters work some sort of shady, dealings and magic that defines them. Furthermore... I can see Erevan Ilesere taking on the portfolio of Shadow simply to counteract the schemings of other rival gods like Mask, Beshaba, Shar, Bane and others. The best way to defeat an enemy is to use their own unique power against them in some sorted way that your god approves.

Here's my thing... Darkness and shadow are not inherently evil. They are tools that many arcane and divine casters utilize, be you of good or evil alignment. My gaming group is moving in that direction.

If the enemy can use the shadows for their advantage, then so can the non-evil clerics as long as their god allows such room to choose. Erevan Ilesere is one of those gods I believe. He is a Trickster deity, a unashamed prankster. He's not looking to slaughter Mask, but to trick him and cause some sort of adventure for himself. Erevan is Chaos! Unpredictable and full of change. He is all about change.

For the sake of the 9 hells, Erevan Ilesere is change in the flesh. A god of deception and illusion. A god of chaos and thieves. Why wouldn't he go after and try to steal the Portfolio of Shadow from Mask or Vaerauhn?

If somebody ever wrote a book about the elven gods, it would portray Erevan as a wild card capable of pretty much anything. From all the Lore I have gathered, it seems that Erevan Ilesere has never been fooled, beaten or bested by any deity he has ever had contact with.

I'm pretty sure Erevan Ilesere is simply moderate in both blade and spells as far as deities go that are Intermediate in ranking. But it's his trickery and mischief that makes him dangerous and unpredictable in the Cosmos.

Maybe Erevan Ilesere just wants to steal the Shadow portfolio from Mask or Vhaeraun out of simple boredom? Maybe he has an agenda. Maybe he has no agenda at all. When being one of the least exulted deities of The Seldarine, he is able to slip under the radar of most powers, be they lawful or chaotic, evil or goodly.

I can imagine him being a thorn in the side of his own pantheon as he pursues his own goals. I can also imagine him being a thorn in the side of all other lawful gods and goddesses in the multiverse. No deity in the cosmos is prepared for the ultimate tricks and pranks of an ever-changing elven god of trickery.

It is rumored in all the ancient elven kingdoms on Faerun that Erevan Ilesere is seeking for the last Shards of the goddess of Illusion; Leira, the Lady of the Mists, was the goddess of deception and illusion and the patroness of illusionists and liars.

CorellonsDevout Posted - 12 May 2020 : 04:19:18
I think points both of you have made are true. From Demihuman Deities:

"Erevan has a long-standing rivalries with other rogue powers, including Beshaba and Mask, for their cruelty and greed offends the Trickster's light-hearted nature.
Eravan is fickle, utterly unpredictable power who can change his appearance at will. He is one of the most fun-loving powers in the multiverse, and he seems incapable of remaining still or concentrating on a single task for any extended period of time. The Trickster enjoys causing trouble for its own sake, but his pranks are rarely helpful or deadly. However, Erevan becomes very dangerous if sylvan races or weak elven groups are threatened, and he is always championing the underdog."

Thinking about it, his unpredictability (and perchance for trickery) is why the SCAG says he is of "darker bent". If we go by this quote, he both champions the underdog, and will defend those who need to defending (the F&A also notes he is fiercely loyal to the Seldarine, so even if Fenmarel is his scapegoat, he will defend him if need be). He's unpredictable and mischievous, so that makes him a bit of "darker bent", but he is also gentle, and his pranks are ultimately harmless (though you could of course make the argument that pranks can have unforeseen consequences).
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 12 May 2020 : 03:51:24
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Canon stories, not CEV stories.

The thing is that Erevan can't really afford to antagonize most gods. Canonically, Erevan is a relatively gentle prankster - he wants to make people laugh and have fun. Assaulting any generally powerful lawful deity capable of retaliating is going to cause more problems than he can deal with; Set might be geographically distant from the lands of the Seldarine (and a chaotic deity sneaking into Baator is grounds for trouble), but I doubt the Seldarine are going to be pleased if Bane or Hextor respond with a pogrom.

Erevan is fully capable of working with lawful gods. He goes after Helm because Helm is a perpetual stick in the mud seemingly incapable of emotion, but I'm willing to bet that deities who work within laws for the betterment of their people and to protect the weak and defenseless have little reason for Erevan to visit.

yeah. I respectfully see him in a different light. I see no reason why he cannot anger Lawful gods of both good and evil alignment and care less what befalls in the wake. His clergy are very, very, very, very aware of that. Erevan is anything but gentle. I love how you seem to proclaim that as if it's canon itself. lol. I truly think you misunderstand Erevan Ilesere.

Gentle prankster?? Really?? Erevan? WE talking about the same deity here? Besides the fact that there is pretty much nothing written about him. I am as about as much right as are you.

You see Erevan as a fun-loving intermediate deity that takes it easy and glides along the cosmos with no care.

I see Erevan Ilesere as a active agent of mischief and roguery. Proactive in all things thievish or luck/ misfortune, chaos, trickery or strictly elvish. Possibly dabbling in shadow and looking for the next great heist, prank, trick or laugh. I seriously, seriously, truly don't think he is idle or slack, or gentle.

Even Fox At Twilight has remarked on the lack of ethic and morals of one Erevan Ilesere.

It says in his 2ED portfolio that he is a jack of all trades and excelling in his needed trade of hiding in shadows, silent in stalking, and a master escape artist to say the most mundane about him. An elven god that cares for the underdog over the more powerful.
LordofBones Posted - 09 May 2020 : 09:26:38
Canon stories, not CEV stories.

The thing is that Erevan can't really afford to antagonize most gods. Canonically, Erevan is a relatively gentle prankster - he wants to make people laugh and have fun. Assaulting any generally powerful lawful deity capable of retaliating is going to cause more problems than he can deal with; Set might be geographically distant from the lands of the Seldarine (and a chaotic deity sneaking into Baator is grounds for trouble), but I doubt the Seldarine are going to be pleased if Bane or Hextor respond with a pogrom.

Erevan is fully capable of working with lawful gods. He goes after Helm because Helm is a perpetual stick in the mud seemingly incapable of emotion, but I'm willing to bet that deities who work within laws for the betterment of their people and to protect the weak and defenseless have little reason for Erevan to visit.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 09 May 2020 : 02:51:20
quote:

Which greater power did Erevan trick?

And, well, tormenting Torm, a lesser deity, doesn't put Erevan in the best light. Instead of going after Bane or Hextor or Set, deities who wouldn't think twice about brutally maiming him, he's going after a relatively inoffensive god whose creed is all about protecting the defenseless...and who happens to be weaker than him.

Really? You think Erevan himself hasn't tricked or pranked Bane or Hextor or Set? You know Erevan Ilesere prefers lawful subjects to annoy and perplex right? As a CN deity, I'm pretty sure he cares not for good nor evil, unless it affects the elven people. Want a storey of him pranking Bane? I have dozens of those my friend.
LordofBones Posted - 03 May 2020 : 01:33:00
Which greater power did Erevan trick?

And, well, tormenting Torm, a lesser deity, doesn't put Erevan in the best light. Instead of going after Bane or Hextor or Set, deities who wouldn't think twice about brutally maiming him, he's going after a relatively inoffensive god whose creed is all about protecting the defenseless...and who happens to be weaker than him.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 02 May 2020 : 05:20:30
quote:

Your problem is that you're stereotyping rogues into the 'dresses in black and skulls around at night'. None of those gods have any ties to darkness as a concept. Rogues in 3.5e are defined as skill monkeys, and Erevan in particular leans towards the prankster thief archetype.

Vhaeraun doesn't have the Darkness or Shadow domains either. He just happens to have a title associated with it, but he's about the promotion of the welfare of male drow and thievery; darkness and shadow are simply his tools, but he's not invested in them the way Mask or Shar is. It's like Orcus, who lives in and rules a frozen wasteland but doest have the Cold domain.

Mask, on the other hand, is an actual deity of shadow.

And after the Cyrinishad fiasco, Mask isn't going to wager any parts of his divine purview.

But it's your game, so why are you trying to justify it?

To make it fit. Our game in the 5ED timeline with 3.5 rules and D20 system. Clerics of Erevan are especially loved and adored by the elven youth. Tales of Mythic adventures and feats envelopes a young child. Not a single elven youth grows up without hearing about the Trickster... the Mischiefmaker of the elven Pantheon. All the elven deities sing strong in their hearts, but one god calls most of all the Pantheon of greater elven gods. Erevan Ilesere. Luckmaster. Mischiefmaker. Chaosbringer. Shapechanger.

Intermediate deity of Scoundrels. Intermediate deity of The Seldarine.

I never said Erevan was the best god ever. I only implied that Erevan Ilesere was best and most advanced in all things trickery and prankable. Doing so relies on massive godly skills and feats. You cannot trick and prank greater gods and goddesses with less than omnipotent skills and abilities.

Erevan has been known to torment the god Torm to no end, with pranks and tricks that make the warrior god turn his head like a swivel. Good nor evil matter to Erevan Ilesere. He just thrives in the mocking of Law!
LordofBones Posted - 02 May 2020 : 03:27:24
Your problem is that you're stereotyping rogues into the 'dresses in black and skulls around at night'. None of those gods have any ties to darkness as a concept. Rogues in 3.5e are defined as skill monkeys, and Erevan in particular leans towards the prankster thief archetype.

Vhaeraun doesn't have the Darkness or Shadow domains either. He just happens to have a title associated with it, but he's about the promotion of the welfare of male drow and thievery; darkness and shadow are simply his tools, but he's not invested in them the way Mask or Shar is. It's like Orcus, who lives in and rules a frozen wasteland but doest have the Cold domain.

Mask, on the other hand, is an actual deity of shadow.

And after the Cyrinishad fiasco, Mask isn't going to wager any parts of his divine purview.

But it's your game, so why are you trying to justify it?
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 02 May 2020 : 02:51:01
Just saying... using 3.5 mechanics and lore going into 5ED, I'm thinking that there is no reason a elven god of trickery and chaos and rogues wouldn't eventually end up using shadows and illusions to thwart the enemy or deceive the intended challenge. Hell... Even to use the shadows to thwart the enemy itself. Even the goodly tricksters use shadows and give shadow spells to their clerics when needed.

Example
Garl Glittergold
Erevan Ilesere
Brandobaris
Baravar Cloakshadow
Vergadain

None of these gods have the Shadow or darkness domains, but I see no reason why not. They all have scoundrel backgrounds.

Maybe Mask or Vhaeraun lost the portfolio in a game of dice among the other trickster deities. Again. correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no reason why the shadows shouldn't be part of a rogue based deity.

Maybe I'm stretching too far.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 21 Apr 2020 : 06:00:15
Funny on what you consider appropriate. I'm done with you all. Not worth my time or intellect.

I'll post my stuff and be grateful. But I will respond to nothing you trolls bait me with.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 17:57:15
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

quote:

Taking the weird goth kid of your pantheon and making him your scapegoat doesn't strike me as being anything other than being a jackass, which is a far cry from Erevan of 2e.

WOW... You really are a troll. If I posted that I'd be shut down for a month. Funny how you get away with such insults to my game play. Where are the Moderators when you need one?

One commented thirty minutes before you. You ignored this.

And your gameplay was not being insulted -- the actions of a fictitious character were being insulted. Unless you personally identify as that fictitious character, there's nothing there that violates the rules.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 16:30:58
Yeah, I am not sure what they were going with there, even making him "of darker bent". I really wish they provided more detail. That's all the SCAG gives us.

Of course, the SCAG also describes Sheverash as the god of elven vengeance in general, taking away the specific lore surrounding him, which is ironic, considering they only reluctantly brought back the idea of goodly drow.

I am sure Fenmarel wouldn't remain a scapegoat though lol. He would doubtless wise up.
LordofBones Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 07:09:36
... I mean, that's literally in the text CorellonsDevout posted. Erevan makes Fenmarel his scapegoat in 5e,while in 2e Erevan was a chill, benign partygoer with a taste for practical jokes.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 05:57:53
quote:

Taking the weird goth kid of your pantheon and making him your scapegoat doesn't strike me as being anything other than being a jackass, which is a far cry from Erevan of 2e.

WOW... You really are a troll. If I posted that I'd be shut down for a month. Funny how you get away with such insults to my game play. Where are the Moderators when you need one?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 05:26:09
Enough with the sniping.
LordofBones Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 05:09:42
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 04:39:50
quote:

Oh wow, that really does make Erevan sound like a dick. Poor Fenmarel.

Is it your job to look like a jerk? Cause you sure type like one.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 16 Feb 2020 : 20:49:02
Done and settled.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 16:29:51
quote:

quote:

Well, they have a section on elven deities (mind you, the descriptions are quite brief), and then they have a subcategory for them: listed something like this:

God of the Elves: here they talk about Corellon.

Goddess of Wisdom: here they talk about Angharradh, and her three aspects as (as it calls them): Aedrie, Hanali, and Sehanine.

Gods of Nature: here it briefly describes Deep Sashelas, Labelas Enorath, Rillifane, and Solonor.

Gods of Shadow: and here it lists Erevan, Fenmarel, and Sheverash. All it really says is: "Of somewhat darker bent, Erevan Ilsere is a deity of mischief, a trickster god: and Fenmarel Mestarine is the moody and sullen god of outcasts and solitude, who has little to do with the rest of the Seldarine (except for Erevan, who uses Fenmarel as a scapegoat in his plots and pranks)."

I wanted to break it down so you could see it in context. So Eravan is treated as a "darker side" of the Seldarine because he is a prankster. So not a god of shadow in the way Vhaeraun is (sorry if my earlier post was misleading on that). I could see him trying to maybe one-up Mask and Vhaeraun (though fooling Mask might be difficult, since he is also a trickster god), but not actually steal their potfolio. Erevan would probably treat it as a game to see who the better trickster is.

Excellent. Thank you. That's all I needed to know. I appreciate your input and help. I will change the opening post by tonight to reflect the new changes.

No problem Glad I could help.
LordofBones Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 15:50:21
Oh wow, that really does make Erevan sound like a dick. Poor Fenmarel.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 14:53:01
quote:

Well, they have a section on elven deities (mind you, the descriptions are quite brief), and then they have a subcategory for them: listed something like this:

Goddess of Wisdom: here they talk about Angharradh, and her three aspects as (as it calls them): Aedrie, Hanali, and Sehanine.

Gods of Nature: here it briefly describes Deep Sashelas, Labelas Enorath, Rillifane, and Solonor.

Gods of Shadow: and here it lists Erevan, Fenmarel, and Sheverash. All it really says is: "Of somewhat darker bent, Erevan Ilsere is a deity of mischief, a trickster god: and Fenmarel Mestarine is the moody and sullen god of outcasts and solitude, who has little to do with the rest of the Seldarine (except for Erevan, who uses Fenmarel as a scapegoat in his plots and pranks)."

I wanted to break it down so you could see it in context. So Eravan is treated as a "darker side" of the Seldarine because he is a prankster. So not a god of shadow in the way Vhaeraun is (sorry if my earlier post was misleading on that). I could see him trying to maybe one-up Mask and Vhaeraun (though fooling Mask might be difficult, since he is also a trickster god), but not actually steal their potfolio. Erevan would probably treat it as a game to see who the better trickster is.

Excellent. Thank you. That's all I needed to know. I appreciate your input and help. I will change the opening post by tonight to reflect the new changes.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 19:38:18

Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 18:40:45
quote:

Oh, sorry, the SCAG stands for Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, which so far is the 5e equivalent of a campaign guide.

Okay, thank you. And the SCAG really presents him as a god of shadows? how do they word it specifically?
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 16:00:34
Oh, sorry, the SCAG stands for Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, which so far is the 5e equivalent of a campaign guide.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 13:37:57
Yes I suppose you are correct. Maybe I could write it in that he made a deal with Mask and Vhaeraun for something in rerturn. Not sure if they can no longer steal portfolios. And what is SCAG? lol
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 02:55:24
Besides, wasn't there something in 5e about the gods no longer being allowed to steal each other's portfolios, or am I misremembering? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 02:36:37
quote:

quote:

I don't really see Vhaeraun, Mask, and Erevan clashing all that much, tbh. Mask and Vhaeraun both got on well as respective deities of "shadows and trickery". Erevan would be no different. The only clashing between Erevan and Vhaeraun happening that I can see is because Erevan is of the Seldarine, and Vhaeraun the Dark Seldarine. Many deities "co-exist" having similar portfolios, particularly racial deities. Erevan has no real need to "steal" Mask and Vhaeraun's portfolios.

Well, Erevan wants to be able to give his clerics the ability to gain the Shadow domain and the Avarice domain. How else would you suggest he goes about that?

That isn't really what Erevan is about. Trickery and mischief, sure, I mean, if it is your homebrew, you are free to do what you want and spin it however you like, I just don't see that as something Erevan would do. The SCAG presents him as a "God of shadow" (along with Fenmarel and Shevarash), as the "darker side" of the Seldarine, because he is a trickster and prone to mischief. Mask is somewhat of a trickster, too, and again, "sharing" portfolios isn't unheard of across racial pantheon (Hanali and Sune both being goddess of love, for example). Erevan could easily be the elven equivalent of what Mask and Vhaeraun are, without him having to steal their portfolios.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 02:22:09
quote:

I don't really see Vhaeraun, Mask, and Erevan clashing all that much, tbh. Mask and Vhaeraun both got on well as respective deities of "shadows and trickery". Erevan would be no different. The only clashing between Erevan and Vhaeraun happening that I can see is because Erevan is of the Seldarine, and Vhaeraun the Dark Seldarine. Many deities "co-exist" having similar portfolios, particularly racial deities. Erevan has no real need to "steal" Mask and Vhaeraun's portfolios.

Well, Erevan wants to be able to give his clerics the ability to gain the Shadow domain and the Avarice domain. How else would you suggest he goes about that?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000