Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Couatls, Oghma, and Candlekeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shawn Daniels Posted - 06 Apr 2020 : 21:43:56
Have followers or priests of Oghma, or any benevolent/neutral knowledge-associated deities and their followers ever associated with/worshipped couatls? Is the couatl acknowledged any sort of way in our(Candlekeep’s) society?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 04:55:51
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

CE intermediate deity of somnolence, poisons and serpents, the evil aspect of the World Serpent, lives in the Abyss in Smaragd (layer 74), shares his realm with the bullywug god Ramenos. His Realms aspect was somewhat subsumed by Sseth and later Set, which means he's going to be plenty annoyed once he wakes up.

He's still worshipped everywhere else that isn't Toril.

Oh dear
LordofBones Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 04:34:31
CE intermediate deity of somnolence, poisons and serpents, the evil aspect of the World Serpent, lives in the Abyss in Smaragd (layer 74), shares his realm with the bullywug god Ramenos. His Realms aspect was somewhat subsumed by Sseth and later Set, which means he's going to be plenty annoyed once he wakes up.

He's still worshipped everywhere else that isn't Toril.
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 03:39:11
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Jazzy's Realms aspect may have been killed off, but she's still alive and well in the Planes. I'm not sure she guards anything; if anything, she'd be focused on opposing Merrshaulk.

Tell me of this Merrshaulk
LordofBones Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 03:01:57
Jazzy's Realms aspect may have been killed off, but she's still alive and well in the Planes. I'm not sure she guards anything; if anything, she'd be focused on opposing Merrshaulk.
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 01:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

Jazirian is the patron deity of couatls throughout the multiverse, and Qotal of the Maztican pantheon became the patron of couatl refugees in Realmspace after a power struggle among deities that may have left Jazirian as a dead god (or at least relatively dormant like Bahamut and Tiamat were once upon a time).

source: Serpent Kingdoms

But not truly incapacitated, right? I mean, Jazirian still has to guard Oruboros and whatnot, yeah?
Storyteller Hero Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 01:17:18
Jazirian is the patron deity of couatls throughout the multiverse, and Qotal of the Maztican pantheon became the patron of couatl refugees in Realmspace after a power struggle among deities that may have left Jazirian as a dead god (or at least relatively dormant like Bahamut and Tiamat were once upon a time).

source: Serpent Kingdoms

LordofBones Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 01:07:29
The couatls have their own god, and are primarily an extraplanar race. There's nothing stopping th from worshiping anyone, but most of them are content to follow Jazirian or one of the naga gods with the complicated names.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000