Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 ELFSHADOW on sale via BookBub

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 04 Apr 2020 : 17:57:29
I was pleasantly shocked to learn that BookBub is running a $.99 sale on the ebook of ELFSHADOW, which was published in 1991 as part of the Harper series.

https://www.bookbub.com/books/elfshadow-by-elaine-cunningham?buy=&ebook_deal®ion=us
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 18 Jul 2020 : 04:01:20
You should do a hidden mini- novel about the missing people in your last story and post it to a publisher who will take it straight to spoken words. Audiobooks is one way to surcumvent the mainstream FR book nazi's. Other is fanmail. You choose. either way, if you feel that energy in your finger tips, then you know you're writing well.

I write primarily about elves and their history, thanks to you Elaine. Just imagine all your unwritten tales, adventures, and follies that await us all. I for one can wait on my death bed for this old tale.
KraziJoe Posted - 07 Jul 2020 : 19:48:54
Ironically, I was cleaning out the basement and found a lot of my FR novels. I found my First Edition book of ElfSong. And I found the reprint, LOL...Guess I forgot I had it...Now I am sitting here looking for Cataloging software so I can get a list of my library...
Drumheller Posted - 10 May 2020 : 08:11:56
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently reading Elfsong, just started and enjoying it. Before my state went on Stay At Home orders, I stopped by my local bookstore and found Elfsong, along with a few other pick ups. When done, I'll have to go back and read Elfshadow and then the others.

Best,
Drumheller
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 12 Apr 2020 : 01:56:42
Elfsong was my point-master of Elaith Craulnober. Elfshadow was killer asd wicked sweet, but Elfsong was the book that made the NPC's that I love so dearly.

That scene where Elaith did the ancient elven Blade-dance by the campfire still plays in my mind whenever I'm near a firepit. That scene alone stole my heart and won me over for such a rogue as Elaith Craulnober.
Seravin Posted - 05 Apr 2020 : 21:56:02
Sent you a PM George, this isn't the place for a criticism of such a beloved work!
George Krashos Posted - 05 Apr 2020 : 15:32:04
What's to hate about the ending?

-- George Krashos
Seravin Posted - 05 Apr 2020 : 14:15:21
Very great characters indeed. I love the characters and the setting. Absolutely hate the ending. I've bought all your books Elaine in both softcover and ebook now! Glad this one is on sale for new readers.
Thauramarth Posted - 05 Apr 2020 : 07:58:05
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Elfshadow remains the only Forgotten Realms novel that I read in its entirety on the day I received it.

Not sure I did that, but Elfshadow and its sequels are still among the top Realms stories! Danilo Thann and Arilyn are great creations, Elaith is one of the greatest “take an existing character and run with it” feats ever, and the portrayal of Khelben added layers to that character.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2020 : 18:09:27
Elfshadow remains the only Forgotten Realms novel that I read in its entirety on the day I received it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000