Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Maps of Niftiness!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Oct 2018 : 06:50:43
So I recently stumbled across this guy's maps on Facebook, and finally checked out the site... And he's got an utter buttload of maps, mostly dungeon maps -- for free. Sure, it's just maps, and you've got to put whatever you need in these dungeons -- but some could use ready-made maps like this, and they are rather nifty. Some of his weekly ones go together, too, making really big maps.

http://paratime.ca/friday.html
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xaeyruudh Posted - 30 Mar 2020 : 16:12:46
Cool! Nice find, Wooly!
Ayrik Posted - 30 Mar 2020 : 05:31:41
The hype was overhyped. Though the traps were still terrifying and deadly enough in those simpler times.

Grimtooth did provide sadistic "inspiration" for the antagonistic DMs of the era - and provided challenges for players eager to prove their mettle and seize the gleaming prizes.

Every party wanted a thief around when dungeoneering. Necessary for survival.

Like I said, times have changed. Traps used to be nigh-inescapable death sentences. Sometimes killing half the party. Now they're just petty nuisances you can swat or shrug away.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Mar 2020 : 02:51:28
Pretty sure Grimtooth was published by someone else. Flying Buffalo, perhaps?

I read one of the Traps books, back in the day... I didn't see what all the hype was about.
Ayrik Posted - 29 Mar 2020 : 19:38:14
Huh, they nerfed Undermountain?

I shouldn't be surprised after seeing so many re-watered-down iterations of Tomb of Horrors.
And after seeing WotC publish a distinct lack of more Ravenloft or any Grimtooth's Traps.

Game's gone softcore. And going softer with each rewrite. So sad.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Mar 2020 : 17:14:50
Looks like are the same ones he posts on his website, each Friday.

I really like his maps. I've gone through his site to grab all the free ones, and I've bought a couple of the non-free ones, too.
Derulbaskul Posted - 29 Mar 2020 : 15:41:55
He also posts a new map each Friday at ENWorld under the username Turgenev.

The latest map is one of three levels (so far) that would work really well as alternate maps for the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Dec 2019 : 02:50:43
I am bumping this up, since I know of at least one person that missed it when I shared it before.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Dec 2018 : 16:43:40
Just looked thru the maps for the new version of Undermountain... The maps are very pretty, but they're limited, compared to what we originally got.

So why am I mentioning that, here?

The Paratime maps guy whose link I shared is the one that made those new Undermountain maps -- which means you can readily use his other stuff to expand Undermountain back to its pre-nerfed status.
The Masked Mage Posted - 13 Oct 2018 : 17:09:35
I've seen his work before but never knew he did freebies :P
Brimstone Posted - 13 Oct 2018 : 14:12:17
Sweeeet!!!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000