Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Selu'Kiira N'Rilan'Vae

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 17:01:05
The Selu'Kiira N'Rilan'Vae; The High Lore Shadow Gem of House Ahmaquissar: Major Artifact

Many thousands of millenia ago, back during the First Flowering of the elves, lived a Moon elf Cleric by the name of Vezzenvazzel Ahmaquissar. A rogue like no other. A paragon of chaos, trickery, and random luck. He worshipped Erevan Ilerese, the Seldarine god of trickery, thieves and rogues.

As the elven god made a name for himself in the pantheon of the Seldarine, he also made a name for himself in the Realms. But like all gods, he needed mortal followers and mortal spirits to heed his call.

After pretending to be many gods, goddesses and Fey lords alike, Erevan finally showed up at the final battle of the Anti-Seldarine as himself.

There, at that battle he was infamous for his deception and guile as a patsy for Sehannine Moonbow. How many lesser gods and goddesses had he slain during that final battle is unknown. Titianna kissed him on his lips it is said after the war raged into the Feywild.

Erevan Ilesere cared only for his status among the Seldarine. He watched countless Fey Lords and Ladies die for the war Arushnee/ Loth brought on them all. He dueled with lessar orc gods, Goblin deities and Loth herself before the war ended.

Unbeknownst to all the elven deities, Erevan made a deal with Vhaeraun in secret that surface drow may connect with him if they so choose.

It doesn't matter if you're a Mischiefmaker of Erevan, or a Cleric of the rogue god. It doesn't matter if you're a Shadowdancer, or a Shadowblade, a Shadowtrick Priest or a Temple Raider. The calling is strong to any and all elves who listen.

History
This dark blue gem was created by Vezzenvazzel Ahmaquissar, the founder of House Ahmaquissar before the Crown Wars, shortly after the founding of the ancient elven city of Sharlarion, about -24,000 DR. The gem contains a plethora of powerful, archaic elven High Magic spells, both divine and arcane that have not been seen or cast in over 5,000 years. But its most powerful attribute is the ancient knowledge it contains. It can impart to the wearer the knowledge of the ancient elven art of shadow lore, taught to Vezzenvazzel by Erevan Ilesere himself. It holds the knowledge on how to become a Shadowdancer, a Shadowlord, a Shadowblade, a Shadowtrick Priest and a Shadowmage, as well as the rituals involved on how to transform elves into Shadow-Walkers and Shades in the name of Erevan Ilesere thousands of years before humans discovered those rituals. It grants the wearer the full history of House Ahmaquissar, and its devotion to the Trickster god himself. And finally, it also confers the knowledge on how to become a elven High-Mage, and elven High-Hierophant at the cost of 10,000 XP per class. The gem itself is a remarkably smooth jewel made of a dark blue crystal found in meteorites that rarely fall to Toril, and cut and shaped in the likeness of an asymmetrical star burst, the symbol of Erevan Ilesere.

Anyone trying to use this Selu'Kiira that is not blood related to house Ahmaquissar must make a saving throw against the high lore gem. Fort (DC35) Ref (DC35) Will (DC35) or instantly be disintegrated with no chance of Resurrection. Failure of any of the saves results in death.

Blood relatives of house Ahmaquissar that wield the shadow gem will receive the following attributes and powers regardless of class or level.

*Those who wield the high lore gem gain a continuous effect of several Ioun stones while it is worn upon the brow.

* Deep red stone
* Incandescent blue
* Pink
* Pink and green

* Elven High Magic: This high lore gem contains three elven high magic spells (DM's choice). One ritual of solitude spell, one ritual of compliment spell, and one Myriad spell.

* Epic level spells: This high lore gem contains three epic level spells that are unique to this particular Selu'Kiira. (described below).

Fury of the Fey; Epic level spell.

Conjuration (Summoning)
Spellcraft DC: 80
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: 120 ft.
Effect: Summoned creatures
Duration: 20 rounds (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This epic spell mimics the mirror image spell, causing half the casters HD in images to appear and randomly confuse the enemies. (I.E. 30 HD = 15 images). Each image is a exact duplicate of the caster and flanks the nearest opponent dealing 1d12 damage each round until stricken or dealt damage itself, in which case that image bursts into a furious Pixie or Quickling (players choice), with full abilities. The Pixies or Quicklings last until they are slain and cannot be compelled or forced to act out another command. This epic spell is the result of a pact between Erevan Ilesere and the Seelie and Unseelie court made during the wars of the Anti-Seldarine after Loth's fall to the Abyss.

The Fey Jesters Starbolts; Epic level spell

Conjuration [Teleportation]
Spellcraft DC: 56
Range: 1,000 feet plus 100 feet per HD
Target: Creature or object touched by bolt.
Duration: Instantaneous.
Saving Throw: Will save.
Spell Resistance: yes.

This epic spell mimics the magic missile spell, with the following exceptions; The caster unleashes a multitude of chaotic bolts of varying colors, shaped like asymmetrical star-bursts. These 10 starbolts equal to half the casters HD in damage, and upon impact are sent to another plane of existence, depending on the color of the starbolt. (Roll a 10 die to determine result.)

blue Arvandor
red nine hells
green Beast lands
yellow limbo
orange seven heavens
purple plane of shadow
silver positive plane
black negative plane
pink fey-wild
brown pandemonium

The Tricksters Wildzone; Epic level spell

Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 55
Range: 900 ft.
Target: Centered on caster
Duration: 10 rounds
Saving Throw: no
Spell Resistance: No

Once cast,it creates a disruption in magical forces similar to those found in a Wild Magic area that is centered on her. When used, she creates a Wild Magic zone in a 900 foot radius spread centered on her, that moves with her, and has an additional 5 foot radius spread for every character level she has. Within the Wildzone, any spell cast, or magic item used in the radius spread is automatically treated as if using a rod of wonder. (Use the rod of wonder table on PG. 199 of the PH.) The Wildzone is treated just as a Wild Magic area in accordance to magic weapons and armor, or spells cast from outside the area of effect. In addition, the caster may choose to re-roll a single save, attack, or damage roll made in the same round in which the spell was cast.

knowledge imparted

Upon wielding this high lore gem, you can obtain the following information and skill set, without meeting the prerequisite.

Classes

*Shadowdancer
*Shadowblade
*Shadowmage
*Shadowlord
*Feymage
*Beguiler
*Combat trickster
*Magical Trickster
*Uncanny Trickster
*Bladesinger
*Duskblade
*Archmage
*Heirophant
*Monk of the grinning star.

Templates

*Shadow-Walker
*Shade
*Trickster-Touched
*Baelnorn

Epic level classes

*Elven High Mage
*Elven High Hierophant
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 22 Mar 2020 : 21:23:25
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

How would the selu'kiira react to House members who are not gifted or inclined to high magic? The three Save-or-Die consequences for non-House members totally makes sense. Is it too late to put in hit point damage, ability damage or negative conditions for those who make all three saves?

The Selu'Kiira doesn't need any requirement to unlock as long as you are blood related. You can be a 1'st level PC and unlock all it's secrets based on how much knowledge you can take in for your current level.
Delnyn Posted - 21 Mar 2020 : 23:39:35
How would the selu'kiira react to House members who are not gifted or inclined to high magic? The three Save-or-Die consequences for non-House members totally makes sense. Is it too late to put in hit point damage, ability damage or negative conditions for those who make all three saves?
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 21 Mar 2020 : 18:46:12
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

So here is a thought for a 5e version but I don’t know enough of Selu’kiira to say if it fits thematically. I do know 5e, however.

5e artifacts are meant to break the rules. I almost think this would be an easy adjustment to make, if you make some decisions. The three epic spells could really just become powers that the artifact offers keeping the moniker “elven high magic” as window dressing. If you don’t want to absolutely shatter the game, the amount of times these abilities could be used should have a limiting factor or some kind of negative affect on the user, however. Under those circumstances, how would you do it?

The “knowledge imparted” could amount to simple advantage on Intelligence (Arcana) and Intelligence (History) checks in regards to elven lore.

Actually... Not a bad idea at all. I like that. explain more and I'll consider with your help.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 21 Mar 2020 : 18:35:01
New game, new user. Curudin passed on the High Lore Gem.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 16 Feb 2020 : 20:44:19
So unless anyone objects, I'm posting this new change.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 06 Jan 2020 : 19:26:09
quote:

So here is a thought for a 5e version but I don’t know enough of Selu’kiira to say if it fits thematically. I do know 5e, however.

5e artifacts are meant to break the rules. I almost think this would be an easy adjustment to make, if you make some decisions. The three epic spells could really just become powers that the artifact offers keeping the moniker “elven high magic” as window dressing. If you don’t want to absolutely shatter the game, the amount of times these abilities could be used should have a limiting factor or some kind of negative affect on the user, however. Under those circumstances, how would you do it?

The “knowledge imparted” could amount to simple advantage on Intelligence (Arcana) and Intelligence (History) checks in regards to elven lore.

Not a bad idea at all. Thank you!!
Seethyr Posted - 05 Jan 2020 : 16:08:10

Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 05 Jan 2020 : 05:24:20
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Meanwhile, one arcanist usurped the goddess of magic.

Also, in game terms, hundreds of epic casters committing ritual suicide is one hell of a mitigating factor, not to mention the direct intervention of two greater powers.

Point being?... lol
LordofBones Posted - 03 Jan 2020 : 13:15:54
Meanwhile, one arcanist usurped the goddess of magic.

Also, in game terms, hundreds of epic casters committing ritual suicide is one hell of a mitigating factor, not to mention the direct intervention of two greater powers.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 01 Jan 2020 : 22:26:03
quote:

Your mistake is that you keep thinking that elven high magic is somehow beyond epic magic. They're the same thing. in game terms, the primary caster just had a lot of secondary casters to mitigate Spellcraft DC.

If you took a few hundred human archwizards of epic level casting they still couldn't create "The first Sundering".

Elven High Mages certainly did. So yes, I tend to see EHM spells as more powerful than epic level spells.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 23 Sep 2019 : 21:38:48
quote:

Your mistake is that you keep thinking that elven high magic is somehow beyond epic magic. They're the same thing. in game terms, the primary caster just had a lot of secondary casters to mitigate Spellcraft DC.

While I understand that an elven high mage can cast high magic spells alone, they are much more effective than humans doing so. And yes, they are two wholly different animals. Elven High Magic is far more powerful than an average epic spell. In game terms... that was never fleshed out... But in every book you read, it plainly makes it terribly clear that it is so. I think Karsus alone achieved that "beyond" status. Hence a cap on 9th level spells.

To this day elves can achieve 10th level spells when a group of Elven High Mages gather to work together towards a particular goal. Humans cannot.

But this Selu'Kiira was created way, way, way before the fall of Karsus. So I would imagine it's powers are equally potent to the magic that created it.

Just saying that I cannot do the epic math involved on my own to make this elven artifact pseudo canon. But then again, all artifacts in D&D break the rules, so I'm stuck.

6 of my 10 PC's I DM agree with me, but I would also like to make that other 4 PC's happy. I don't like to go with Majority rules in my game.
LordofBones Posted - 22 Sep 2019 : 07:41:39

Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 21 Sep 2019 : 13:02:51
I really cannot do this alone. :(
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 10:20:02
Damn... I need help!! LOB... Diffan... ELB... Costa... anyone. If you understand Erevan Ilesere and the Midnight Gambol, then I implore you to help me!! The math and abilities on this are far beyond me.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 06:16:16
So High elven magic involved. This goes beyond epic spells and epic levels. Prior to the fall of Karsus, elves had the upper hand in all epic spells as just being and elf permitted a special curse on you. The curse of longevity and wisdom. Which is not entirely a good thing.

A human can live up to 70 years old and cast insane spells for a human. An elf can live up to 1,000 years old and cast spells as a 5th level sorcerer. It all depends on how fast you choose to wield the art. Be it divine or arcane. A 20th level cleric of Erevan Ilesere is most likely going to be more powerful than a 20th level cleric of Torm when it comes to chaos and misperception.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 20 Aug 2019 : 01:50:58
quote:

Oh man, Fury of the Fey got me thinking Dr Strange when he took on Thanos. Very cool item. Powerful as can be, but very cool.

Not that the conversion would be difficult, but do you have a 5e version? I guess with the lack of Epic Rules, this would fall under the artifact category.

Not familliar with 5ed. But yes the epic levels are very important in 3.5ed for any PC over 20th level. Can you make me a 5ed version using everything I have provided? Maybe post it here?
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 11 Apr 2019 : 11:17:52
quote:

Why quicklings? The Queen of Air and Darkness is listed as one of Erevan's foes in Demihuman Deities, and while Erevan is CN, I can't see him having dealings with the Unseelie Court.

He generally doesn't get along with gods of murder.

That's a good point LoB, I've been struggling with the quickling side of it. My co-helper insists on quicklings, while I suggested 15HD pixies or sprites.
LordofBones Posted - 11 Apr 2019 : 07:52:12
Why quicklings? The Queen of Air and Darkness is listed as one of Erevan's foes in Demihuman Deities, and while Erevan is CN, I can't see him having dealings with the Unseelie Court.

He generally doesn't get along with gods of murder.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 10 Apr 2019 : 21:56:17
quote:

It would help if you showed how you arrived at the spellcraft DC.

I'm also going to note that at the level you can throw around epic spells, pixies are kind of underwhelming.

Not if they are 15HD pixies or 15HD quicklings.
LordofBones Posted - 23 Mar 2019 : 05:59:58
It would help if you showed how you arrived at the spellcraft DC.

I'm also going to note that at the level you can throw around epic spells, pixies are kind of underwhelming.
Seethyr Posted - 19 Mar 2019 : 01:03:42
Oh man, Fury of the Fey got me thinking Dr Strange when he took on Thanos. Very cool item. Powerful as can be, but very cool.

Not that the conversion would be difficult, but do you have a 5e version? I guess with the lack of Epic Rules, this would fall under the artifact category.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000