Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arbane (The Mighty)?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MayNovember Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 13:05:44
So I keep coming across this wizard of yore, Arbane. He was mentioned several times in the Old Gray Box, on entries of those spell books. And of course the famous 'Arbane's Sword of Agility'. I'm wondering what other nuggets of lore there may be out there about this person? Much THanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 01:03:43
Senior Scribe AJA,

I appreciate you mentioning that to me: thank you.

I went and refreshed on the Code of Conduct. I overlooked item 13 (or didn't remember it). I'll edit that post.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by AJA

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2
Here is the URL for that too, if you want to check out the entire magazine (it is worth it):

cpthero2, posting snippets or excerpts of published works is commonly allowed at the 'Keep, but posting links to pirated material (under which category full issues of DRAGON magazine fall) is very much not.

AJA Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 00:27:37

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2
Here is the URL for that too, if you want to check out the entire magazine (it is worth it):

cpthero2, posting snippets or excerpts of published works is commonly allowed at the 'Keep, but posting links to pirated material (under which category full issues of DRAGON magazine fall) is very much not.

cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 00:04:57
Eric, et al(ia),

This is so awesome, I just had to put this in here as it is the real entry in that Dragon #41 (40! years ago!):

quote:
Arbane's Sword of Agility
Ed Greenwood
Named for the wizard who first devised such a weapon, Arbane’s Sword of Agility is a +2 weapon which boasts several powers. These are under the mental control of whomever has hold of its hilt. The wielder can Jump, as in the spell (a single leap), twice a day. Two rounds of hasted action per day (24 hours) are also possible—and such activity does not age the character. The sword grants the wearer immunity to Hold and Slow spells, and glows brightly. This glow fluctuates as the sword moves and strikes, in a strobelike manner; this property of the sword negates magical Darkness, and destroys the effects of Hypnotic Patterns or Fire Charms within a 20’ radius of the drawn blade. The wielder of the sword gets a saving throw vs.
Color Spray (and saves at + 1 if 6th level or higher). X.P. value: 4,000; G.P. value: 15,000.(Dragon Magazine, #41, p.30)

Here (wa)s the URL for that too, but I edited this after Senior Scribe AJA was kind enough to point out that item (13) of the Code of Conduct forbids that [thank you again Senior Scribe AJA] if you want to check out the entire magazine (it is worth it):

*URL Deleted*

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

There was also an item, Arbane’s Sword of Agility ("Bazaar of the Bizarre" by Ed Greenwood, in Dragon #41).

That was created by the elven wizard of Myth Drannor.

ericlboyd Posted - 23 Jan 2020 : 10:55:03
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

There was also an item, Arbane’s Sword of Agility ("Bazaar of the Bizarre" by Ed Greenwood, in Dragon #41).

That was created by the elven wizard of Myth Drannor.
TBeholder Posted - 23 Jan 2020 : 06:03:54
ericlboyd Posted - 22 Jan 2020 : 16:25:22
Pages from the Mages, pages 30, 87, are duplicates of the same Realmslore.

Also note Silver Marches, pages 10-11.

I've been thinking a lot about Arbane of late. I've got a lot of ideas around what he's been up to and from where he hails.

Good question for Mages and Sages podcast.
George Krashos Posted - 14 Jan 2020 : 03:04:26
There are two Arbanes. One was an elf of Myth Drannor, the other a human wizard nemesis of the Company of Crazed Venturers. More will be revealed ... one day.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000