Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Semphar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hymn Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 02:15:37
Where could one find info on Semphar except for The Horde box set and FR12 The Horde Campaign?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 03:50:22
Great Reader Darden,

Impressive recollection. I wouldn't say it was detailed, but it was mentioned. In "Event 15", it was stated that:

quote:
If asked why Hubadai wants to go through Ra-Khati, Baga Choki gladly explains that Hubadai's army has just conquered Semphar. Now he must attack Khazari#146;s southern flank to rejoin the rest of his father's army there. Hubadai intends no
harm to Ra-Khati. (FRA1 Storm Riders, p.62)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Wasn’t Semphar detailed a bit in a module? Was it FRA1 Storm Rider?

Dalor Darden Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 03:15:01
Wasn’t Semphar detailed a bit in a module? Was it FRA1 Storm Rider?
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 01:11:56
Mr. Costa,

I have to say, I really wish they would have developed that more down in that area. I mean, the lake, the trade economics I read a bit about for that area were quite cool between Semlirhol and Jurash, and just its geographic location relevant to other countries makes it really interesting.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

There are a handful of things that have remained from 4E (some I like, some I don't). For example, Airspur is still floating on an earthmote and the Crintri are still gone in Dambrath and replaced by shifters, but honestly, most of it is nebulous, allowing anyone wanting to play canon to do nearly whatever they want, particularly with more fringe areas.

As for Murghom and Semphar, they were never all that well defined, so a land with a bunch of dragon kings is fine with me, but I don't care that much.

TomCosta Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 01:06:22
There are a handful of things that have remained from 4E (some I like, some I don't). For example, Airspur is still floating on an earthmote and the Crintri are still gone in Dambrath and replaced by shifters, but honestly, most of it is nebulous, allowing anyone wanting to play canon to do nearly whatever they want, particularly with more fringe areas.

As for Murghom and Semphar, they were never all that well defined, so a land with a bunch of dragon kings is fine with me, but I don't care that much.
cpthero2 Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 16:35:02
Mr. Costa,

Ahhh, well, since I was busy being extremely upset during 4e, and still a little during 5e, I definitely didn't know that.

So here is a question for you as a designer: how relevant do you feel any of that stuff would be for, in this case, Semphar during 4e, since WotC did a pathetic mea culpa with some of their partial reversal of changes made?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

In 4E Murghom and IIRC it was implied Semphar became dragon ruled kingdoms.

TomCosta Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 14:11:18
In 4E Murghom and IIRC it was implied Semphar became dragon ruled kingdoms.
cpthero2 Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 05:10:55
Master Rupert,

haha...fair enough. I try to keep my comments regarding such matters withing the Code of Conduct, but it is hard. I'll just go along with your comment! ;)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I very much doubt it but then again, I have no clue what the 5E D&D design team is planning for the Realms.

-- George Krashos

To be fair, I don't think they have a clue, either.

cpthero2 Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 05:06:23
Master Krashos,

I hear more than one layer in that comment, and I thank you for it!

However, with your profound knowledge of the Realms, it honestly makes me extremely sad that you don't know.

Best regards,

quote:

I very much doubt it but then again, I have no clue what the 5E D&D design team is planning for the Realms.

-- George Krashos

Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 04:45:46
quote:

-- George Krashos

To be fair, I don't think they have a clue, either.
George Krashos Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 04:28:14

-- George Krashos
cpthero2 Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 03:42:38
Master Krashos,

Are you aware of any intentions to develop Semphar in the near future? (15) years on and we're in the same situation as far as I can tell. It is surprising to me in light of the material available on Murghom.

I just love digging into the areas that have little so I can help fill in the holes in lore.

Best regards,

quote:

A very small 'adventure seed' for Semphar and Murghom is included in "Lost Empires" on p.71. No other information of note.

-- George Krashos

Brother Ezra Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 13:32:45
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

Won't that make it difficult to read it and flip the pages?

Nah, my unseen servant does that for me.
George Krashos Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 11:58:15
A very small 'adventure seed' for Semphar and Murghom is included in "Lost Empires" on p.71. No other information of note.

-- George Krashos
Hymn Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 05:49:55
Ok thanks Brother Ezra. And fear not Wooly I have allready considered that option and found out that toes are quiet good instruments for it as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 05:01:04
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

Won't that make it difficult to read it and flip the pages?
Brother Ezra Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 04:22:00
The only thing I could find, aside from those you already mentioned, is a very small snippet of information on Murghom and Semphar in FR 10, Old Empires. Very scant information is provided.

Since Semphar was once either a part of Imaskar, or at least a protectorate, there might be some more information in Lost Empires of Faerun. Perhaps one of the lucky Australian or Germany scribes can check for us, since I'm still chewing my arm off waiting for this tome.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000