Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Xvim

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Phantom_Lord Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 07:59:54
***spoiler alert for jinat; please refrain from reading this as it will spoil your adventure***

Okay, sorry about that, jinat is a player in my campaign so i dont want him to spoil the adventure for himself.

i'm after the answers to two questions, relatively simple.

q1: how was xvim imprisoned under Zhentil Keep?

q2: who freed him and how so?

thank you one and all.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 15 Feb 2020 : 00:25:21
Master Rupert,

Fancy meeting you here good sir! Hanging out in cabbagetown with me eh?

I actually forgot about that circle magic being an element of Lord Xvim's imprisonment.

I was going to post again to this after I did some research on that very thing as sort of a follow up.

How's your day treating you?!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If a topic hasn't been touched in years, there's a fair chance no one is looking for that info any more.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Feb 2020 : 21:44:43
If a topic hasn't been touched in years, there's a fair chance no one is looking for that info any more.
cpthero2 Posted - 14 Feb 2020 : 21:26:34
Good afternoon Leanred Scribe Phantom_lord,

The answer to question one is:

quote:
The avatar form of Iyachtu Xvim, the Godson of Bane, was destroyed during the early days of the Time of Troubles.
His surviving spirit was drawn to an ancient imprisonment circle under Zhentil Keep. Xvim remained there, unable to
leave and angry that he had been removed from the picture before he even had the chance to strike at his father. He
turned his dark cunning and simmering wrath to eventually escaping.(Ruins of Zhentil Keep, p.21)

It would appear that there was some ancient ritual circle magic established to wrangle powerful beings perhaps, from the read of it?

The answer to question two is:

quote:
One small group of Banites who fled underground passed through a little-used sewer section and happened upon the
ruins of the subterranean portion of a small fortified building in the Foreign Quarter. These battered, resentful faithful
sensed a familiar presence, close yet out of reach. This turned out to be Xvim, brooding in his pit, his energies
waning. It would take several years, but eventually Xvim was accepted by them as the true heir to Bane. He then
tapped the strong beliefs of this small sect, and began gaining in strength.(Ruins of Zhentil Keep, p.23)

I don't know if you are still wondering or using the site, but someone else may very well be interested, so there is the answers!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord

***spoiler alert for jinat; please refrain from reading this as it will spoil your adventure***

Okay, sorry about that, jinat is a player in my campaign so i dont want him to spoil the adventure for himself.

i'm after the answers to two questions, relatively simple.

q1: how was xvim imprisoned under Zhentil Keep?

q2: who freed him and how so?

thank you one and all.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000