Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Game centered on Gods and Chosen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keftiu Posted - 09 Feb 2020 : 22:07:51
This has been on my mind for a little while now: with the focus on the gods and their most powerful servants from the Time of Troubles onward, the setting has sometimes felt torn between these cosmic-scale plots and the reality of mundane adventuring supporting by the rules. Obviously D&D struggles to emulate things at this level of play - epic level and beyond in earlier editions, Epic tier in 4e - but I'm sure people have tried, and there's plenty of other systems that can scale up to such a level.

So I wanted to ask: have you ever played a game where the gods are front and center, and the PCs are notable and powerful in their designs? Possibly even a game where everyone is avatars or Chosen?

I'd love to discuss possible plot hooks and character concepts along the theme!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arivia Posted - 09 Feb 2020 : 23:30:39
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I've been tempted to run this concept for a game where the PCs are Avatars or Chosen during the Time of Troubles for awhile: https://quasarknight.blogspot.com/2016/07/weavebound-godbound-hack-for-forgotten.html

It uses Godbound, a very well-done hack of Basic/Expert D&D for playing avatar/demigod-level characters inspired by Exalted.

So I've gotta ask: who would you play, personally?

There's too many good choices to choose! This is part of why I DM, I can never narrow it down to just one character. Probably one of the goddesses, like Selune, Sune, or Shar.
keftiu Posted - 09 Feb 2020 : 22:55:21
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I've been tempted to run this concept for a game where the PCs are Avatars or Chosen during the Time of Troubles for awhile: https://quasarknight.blogspot.com/2016/07/weavebound-godbound-hack-for-forgotten.html

It uses Godbound, a very well-done hack of Basic/Expert D&D for playing avatar/demigod-level characters inspired by Exalted.

So I've gotta ask: who would you play, personally?
Arivia Posted - 09 Feb 2020 : 22:39:06

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000