Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Can you wrote Guild content for earlier timeline?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keftiu Posted - 12 Jan 2020 : 18:45:45
I’d love to put out some content for the 4e era, but wasn’t sure if we were shackled to the new edition’s timeframe or not.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Seethyr Posted - 16 Jan 2020 : 00:23:45
DMsGuild has pulled Spelljammer material before and one of my books because I had a logo made. It was a commissioned logo for Maztica and had been up for a year at the time, so there is definitely oversight.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jan 2020 : 13:32:06
I wanted to report something for being really, really bad, once, but then I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. It was a collection of magic items or magic swords or something. The content was barely creative, with only one thing that even approached being original or interesting, and it looked like it was just a first draft -- bad formatting, a clear failure to spellcheck, etc.
jamesewelch Posted - 14 Jan 2020 : 12:55:36
There's no quality control done by the site owners.

There's self-policing via "Report" button that (almost always) sends reports to the site owner's "spam" box, so there's a few hundred authors that have the site owner's personal email, twitter, facebook accounts that they'll send a DM/PM to if there's something really bad (like the time last year when someone uploaded a Nazi-themed hobgoblin book with a swastika on cover at 1am).

IMHO, the site owners are less worried about copyright/trademarks than their contract with WotC--unless the copyright/trademark owner contacts them directly (like stole artworks, Sailor Moon/Pokeman/whatever theme/images).

If something is popular, has a (bad) cover that makes people click on it, or sounds out of place, then more eyes will see it, one of the site owner/moderator's friends will tell her about it and it will get removed.

The big no-no's are:

1) No cards of any kind - no spell, item, monster cards etc. If you slip in cards on the last few pages of your book (like with the old 1e/2e books) and don't advertise the cards, then it'll slip by. But if your product is just cards, then it will get pulled. D&D cards have a different license and the owners don't have approval.

2) Any ruleset other than 5e - will get pulled pretty quick as well, because a) those who download it expect it to be 5e and will report it and b) other authors will report it. You can't even publish OGL there, OGL needs to go to DTRPG and not DMsGuild.

3) No video games, music, executables, etc. (anything other than written words/images). There's been a handful of exceptions for music, but those are one-off pre-approved items.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 22:33:55
There is so much stuff on there, I doubt there's any active policing -- I think it's more of the "if you report it, we'll look at it" thing.
keftiu Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 19:24:22
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch

You need to use 5e ruleset, but everything else is fine. You also can't submit just narrative, there needs to be some 'gameplay' within the document.

Is there policing on the 5e ruleset?

--Eric

Not sure how enforced it is, but the rules state that you have to make content for 5e, and that you can’t write it for settings that aren’t allowed; FR, Eberron, and Ravenloft are kosher, but no Dark Sun or Dragonlance yet. I believe it also says no novels.
ericlboyd Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 14:03:10
quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch

You need to use 5e ruleset, but everything else is fine. You also can't submit just narrative, there needs to be some 'gameplay' within the document.

Is there policing on the 5e ruleset?

--Eric
jamesewelch Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 13:09:55
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jan 2020 : 02:50:18
From what I've seen, as long as there is some pretense made towards including some sort of game mechanics -- NPC stats, new rules, backgrounds that you can claim are different from the other 157,091.3 backgrounds already on the site, etc -- then you're in the clear.
Dalor Darden Posted - 12 Jan 2020 : 19:20:28
If you tie your content to one of the “allowed” settings you can indeed do just about anything.

They even said “no novels” but I’m actually considering doing one with stat blocks for the major characters in the back of the book along with magic items and such just so that it is a crunch book too
Gary Dallison Posted - 12 Jan 2020 : 19:10:21
Thus far, the policing of DMs guild content has been almost non existent.

I did sourcebook for the first age of netheril (-3000 dr ish) and nobody mentioned anything. I only included one magic item in 5e format to say it was 5e focused, everything else was just fluff.

I reckon you could do greyhawk content for 1e and it nothing would happen

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000