Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Odd Question - Physical map size City of Gold

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 19 Oct 2019 : 23:03:44
Hey, I don't have the original "city of gold" map. I have a scanned copy. The map scale is "1 inch = 15 miles". Kind of hard to figure out if you don't know how many inches the real map was on each side. If anyone has a physical copy, do you mind measuring it and telling how big it is in inches. I'm just trying to get a ROUGH idea of how wide the long canyon is.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 20 Oct 2019 : 02:12:38
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I知 not home for the weekend but I have a copy right next to my computer. If no one gets back to you by then I値l post it.

On the other hand though, does this mean you are updating the map?

I was more thinking about "how wide is the long canyon" to figure out some stuff about how big Esh Alakar would be. To note, I was also comparing that against some concepts like "how big is the average American city in square mileage?"... which turns out to be roughly about 19 miles x 19 miles. Granted a lot of that in a city is dead space, but I just wanted to get an idea of what the "dot" we put on a map would mean compared to the actual size of a city. Also, our populations density is a lot more than in FR, BUT still, I was curious.

But, that being said, I am updating the map.

I'm updating down in Katashaka and throwing in various things on Anchorome. One of the things I've been playing with has been taking the "allowed" pictures from DMSGuild resource art and I'm turning them into symbols that I can use with Campaign Cartographer as user defined symbols. That way, I can kind of start mapping out areas where creatures are. So, like in the land of the insect men, I put a picture of a pair of thri-kreen facing opposite directions, an ankheg, a golden scarab beetle, 2 Abeil and an Abeil Queen, an ant warrior, and I added a forest and put in an Ettercap.

I'm not entirely positive that people will like this imagery on the map mind you, but I honestly plan to put the map up as "Pay what you want", and hopefully the pictures alone might help people grasp what certain areas are like.
Seethyr Posted - 20 Oct 2019 : 00:39:54
I知 not home for the weekend but I have a copy right next to my computer. If no one gets back to you by then I値l post it.

On the other hand though, does this mean you are updating the map?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000