Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Edverse has returned

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Irennan Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 17:56:30
As per title, with many new projects by Ed and others. There's a lot of stuff, but the link to a general overview of what's new is:

http://edverse.officeedgreenwood.com/

However, one thing that should be noted is:

http://realmssecretariat.com/ and in particular http://realmssecretariat.com/unofficial-history/.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TBeholder Posted - 08 Oct 2019 : 02:38:15
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

Go to the Internet Archive (https://archive.org/index.php), and copy in the URL from Grenemyer's post (the one above yours) into the Wayback Machine.

Or the easy way: https://web.archive.org/web/*/realmssecretariat.com/* (with JS on), and then just choose via filter box.

quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Jeremy's link keeps sending me to some redirect to a chrome store. I'm leery of going further for fear of installing some unwanted app.

Teh domain is devoured by Goolag.
And if you always visit sites you are told are defunct with JS allowed, you are asking for it, yes.
The Arcanamach Posted - 08 Oct 2019 : 02:11:03
Jeremy's link keeps sending me to some redirect to a chrome store. I'm leery of going further for fear of installing some unwanted app.
ElfBane Posted - 06 Oct 2019 : 14:18:42
Go to the Internet Archive (https://archive.org/index.php), and copy in the URL from Grenemyer's post (the one above yours) into the Wayback Machine. You will be able to find some of it, I think, but not all of it.
Hope this helps.
Marco Volo Posted - 06 Oct 2019 : 11:18:24
Hi!
Does someone have save the archive of those websites. Is the lore still available somewhere ?
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 13 Apr 2015 : 06:39:10
Episode the 4th is now available:
Very Much Here, Yet Forgotten

The way these articles are written, you can build a reading list of SF stories by reading just a couple of them.

Good stuff too. I had no idea there was originally an in between world aka nexus of gates. That's an idea worth stealing for a D&D campaign right there.
Arcanus Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 17:25:50
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

Not sure about the erotic stuff lol

Why not, Arcanus? I still haven't stumbled into it, over there, yet. But what's questionable about it? Sex is just as real and powerful of a motivator for (in)human behavior as anything else we might think of. Heck, since it's hardwired into our DNA, it's probably a whole heckuvalot stronger of a motivator than a lot of other things we might think of! And it's fun to explore that side of people's thoughts and feelings.

Why is it OK to read/game about chopping limbs off and sending blood spurting into the air; or barbequeing enemies alive in this, that, or the other form of Technicolor energy whats-it; but somehow uncomfortable to bring some erotic titillation or inuendo into the mix?

Pathos, Thanatos, and Êros, my friend!

It's probably because I'm just not used to Ed writing about nookie. It's not something I associate with him.
BEAST Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 14:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

Why not, Arcanus? I still haven't stumbled into it, over there, yet. But what's questionable about it? Sex is just as real and powerful of a motivator for (in)human behavior as anything else we might think of. Heck, since it's hardwired into our DNA, it's probably a whole heckuvalot stronger of a motivator than a lot of other things we might think of! And it's fun to explore that side of people's thoughts and feelings.

Why is it OK to read/game about chopping limbs off and sending blood spurting into the air; or barbequeing enemies alive in this, that, or the other form of Technicolor energy whats-it; but somehow uncomfortable to bring some erotic titillation or inuendo into the mix?

Pathos, Thanatos, and Êros, my friend!
Arcanus Posted - 25 Mar 2015 : 23:58:58
Irennan Posted - 25 Mar 2015 : 17:58:46
The third installment is about Elminster:

http://realmssecretariat.com/unhistory-3/
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 15 Mar 2015 : 16:55:33
Including:

Den of Dreams

and

Meet Mirt
George Krashos Posted - 15 Mar 2015 : 09:06:06
Well, the site is up. With extra goodies.

-- George Krashos
BEAST Posted - 15 Mar 2015 : 06:47:31
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

quote:

Well, it only took me 20 or so years, so hang in there!

I must say I'm honoured and chuffed to be an inaugural "grognard" - although I think Ed should check his sources: a grognard is a "grumbler", made famous by Napoleon's Old Guard because time after time he refused to commit them to battle - which made them quite unhappy.

Now to keep working on my Candlekeep Seminar contribution ...

-- George Krashos

I have seen the occasional grumble from you George (although it was very skilfully disguised). I think in this case grognard has been reinvented somewhat to mean those devoted to safeguarding the realms, a title for which you definitely qualify.

Or maybe the title applies because TPTB of the Realms are reluctant to unleash the loremasters to work on and release product to their fullest potential, and said loremasters are just scratching to be let loose--which is very similar to Krash's Napoleon example. Ed's blog can be the turn of the key that unlocks another door...
Irennan Posted - 14 Mar 2015 : 20:22:51
Is anyone else running into a 404 error when trying to enter the Realms secretariat?

EDIT: NVM, it's fine now.
Gary Dallison Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 09:43:56
quote:

I must say I'm honoured and chuffed to be an inaugural "grognard" - although I think Ed should check his sources: a grognard is a "grumbler", made famous by Napoleon's Old Guard because time after time he refused to commit them to battle - which made them quite unhappy.

-- George Krashos

I have seen the occasional grumble from you George (although it was very skilfully disguised). I think in this case grognard has been reinvented somewhat to mean those devoted to safeguarding the realms, a title for which you definitely qualify.
crazedventurers Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 09:34:22
This is excellent news, looking forward to seeing the Home Campaign's Anchorome, errr a series of islands that have adventures on them for a while now as my players are itching to play in a buckle swashing sea faring privateer/pirate game - sound just the thing!.

What is better though is the 50 years of unofficial lore about the Realms, this is what I had hoped to see in Ed's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, we got glimpses of the home campaign (the old maps and typed up notes etc) but the rest seemed 'tidied up' and corporate and revisions/expansions of previous official published works over the last 25 years or so after TSR bought the Realms Lock Stock and Spellbook from Ed.

Great to see other creatives getting involved, this looks special

Cheers

Damian
George Krashos Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 09:30:24
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

My new aim in life is to get my name on the list of Grognards before I die. I realise it is likely impossible but it is important to aim high otherwise if you set your goals too low you run the risk of underachieving them.

-- George Krashos
George Krashos Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 09:27:02
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There will be a range of Realms and non-Realms material. I know that Ed plans to do a series of Blog posts about the Realms starting soon.

-- George Krashos

Is that the unofficial history of the Realms, or something else?

I assume that the Unofficial History is what Ed was referring to. But I did send through something the other day which might be one of the first "fan contributions".

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 08:10:27
My new aim in life is to get my name on the list of Grognards before I die. I realise it is likely impossible but it is important to aim high otherwise if you set your goals too low you run the risk of underachieving them.
hobbitfan Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 02:37:10
I'm wondering what this news will mean in regards to Ed working on 5E Realms stuff.
Tanthalas Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 01:16:15
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

The gist that I got from this (rightly or wrongly) is that this is strictly for non-Realms material. If this means, in turn, that Ed will concentrate on non-Realms projects from now on, I would be a sad panda. Hope it ain't so.

He did say that he already has another FR book that he's working on after Spellstorm.
daarkknight Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 00:23:43
This might be the most excited I've been about the Realms in a long time. And I realize that much of this will involve other projects non-Realms related. But the opportunity to see so many of my favorite designers (and old hands like Krash) working together again really is exciting!
Irennan Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 22:38:27
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There will be a range of Realms and non-Realms material. I know that Ed plans to do a series of Blog posts about the Realms starting soon.

-- George Krashos

Is that the unofficial history of the Realms, or something else?
George Krashos Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 22:25:37

-- George Krashos
BenN Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 22:01:12
The gist that I got from this (rightly or wrongly) is that this is strictly for non-Realms material. If this means, in turn, that Ed will concentrate on non-Realms projects from now on, I would be a sad panda. Hope it ain't so.
Eltheron Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 20:26:52
I'm really intrigued by this.

The "Unofficial history of FR" is particularly compelling.

Another thing that popped out was the "All is Lust" idea with THO. It made me wonder if it's more of a collection of "real life" snapshots of flirting playfulness, or if it it's more about lusty fictional characters (for example, Alustriel's romps in Silverymoon). If it's the former, might be a little bit TMI for some people given how people already give Ed grief about sexuality in the Realms. Interesting idea, though, either way.

hashimashadoo Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 18:55:13
I was wondering what would happen with realmssecretariat. There was supposed to be a version of Under Illefarn Anew on there but I don't see it.

Though maybe that's a good thing...
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 02 Mar 2015 : 18:38:42
Thank you sir!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000