Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Heroes of Baldur's Gate (5e)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 24 Apr 2019 : 09:21:28
Saw this today. Heroes of Baldur's Gate. Has a print version available.

Set in 1368/1369...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Athreeren Posted - 24 Jun 2023 : 12:13:13
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Something has been irking me about a map in this book. Maybe someone else can make sense of it.

In Area A, Southwest Baldur's Gate, what are the yellow and beige things that stretch between buildings? My first gut was like well traveled footpaths even though the texture under it seems cobble. Then I saw they cast shadows, was thinking like suspended walkways from upper floors, but that just seems odd especially with what buildings are linked. Maybe they are festive banners?

Yes, they do look like fabric. Protection from the sun, rain and pigeon droppings? It's interesting that they are not visible anywhere else, not even on page 93 (area Y), which includes the same area (and the other details match between the two maps).
Gelcur Posted - 24 Jun 2023 : 05:28:17
Something has been irking me about a map in this book. Maybe someone else can make sense of it.

In Area A, Southwest Baldur's Gate, what are the yellow and beige things that stretch between buildings? My first gut was like well traveled footpaths even though the texture under it seems cobble. Then I saw they cast shadows, was thinking like suspended walkways from upper floors, but that just seems odd especially with what buildings are linked. Maybe they are festive banners?
Gelcur Posted - 30 Sep 2019 : 03:04:08
Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. It is likely I will be picking up the hardcopy & the digital one when I get some spare cash.
Delwa Posted - 29 Sep 2019 : 14:00:14
quote:

Cool, I'd rather get both the hard copy and the digital one, the 1/8" is an odd hiccup but not a deal breaker.

A few more questions. Any nice maps? Over world or individual buildings? How about Beregost is it detailed at all?

There are several beautiful maps, some of which you can see here and here. Beregost isn't really covered in detail. Most of the mapped adventure sites are in the Gate, the Cloakwood Mines, and the Wood of Sharp Teeth.

EDIT: while I'm at it, here's links to the art in the book, for your judgement.
Gelcur Posted - 29 Sep 2019 : 03:49:09
Cool, I'd rather get both the hard copy and the digital one, the 1/8" is an odd hiccup but not a deal breaker.

A few more questions. Any nice maps? Over world or individual buildings? How about Beregost is it detailed at all?
Delwa Posted - 29 Sep 2019 : 01:57:24
quote:

Any reviews of this product? Did the an update happen. I would like to buy the hard copy but its a bit steep to buy blindly and would be annoying if it came with typos.

Would love to hear back from people who have even skimmed through it.

It went PDF only for awhile while they made the corrections. I bought a hardcopy as soon as it came available again and I'm happy with it. I only have one tiny complaint. First, it's taller than the official 5e books, so while the graphics match my other 5e books spines on the shelf, it's about 1/8th of an inch taller and doesn't stand out.
Content wise, I love that is gives me some loose mechanics to run a tabletop version of the Bhaalspawn saga if I choose to, and the adventure looks fun to run, and I'm hoping to talk my players into trying it out.
That said, I'll readily admit I'm not very picky on published adventures. Most of the time, I make my own material up on the fly, so if there's any lack of plot hooks or story flaws, I'm not the one to look to for critique.
Gelcur Posted - 27 Sep 2019 : 04:54:33
Any reviews of this product? Did the an update happen. I would like to buy the hard copy but its a bit steep to buy blindly and would be annoying if it came with typos.

Would love to hear back from people who have even skimmed through it.
Delwa Posted - 04 May 2019 : 14:06:39
Purchased the PDF, waiting on an update in the comments section before ordering the Hardcopy. There were apparently a few typos that need correcting, but nothing earth shattering.
I like it. I haven't reviewed the adventure in detail, mostly because I don't run adventures, just farm them for ideas, but the book gives an excellent framework to run a 5e adaptation of the Bhallspawn saga.
jamesewelch Posted - 24 Apr 2019 : 16:14:01
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269398/Heroes-of-Baldurs-Gate-5e

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000