Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 All Things Moonshae

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gary Dallison Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 20:07:20
I'm looking for all things Moonshae. I've read the Moonshae book, the Halls of the High King adventure, Treasure Hunt adventure, Dragon 405, Dungeon 196, Dragon 362.

Are there any other Moonshae mentions anywhere in any other sourcebooks or magazines? Even if its only half relevant to the Moonshae such as Grond Peaksmasher, is he featured in any articles.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of concrete information about the area. I have an idea for an alternate take but would prefer it if there were a bit more info to go on.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wildeman Posted - 14 May 2022 : 17:13:57
Gary, Yeah, I agree... it's not death in the natural state, but rather the "unnatural" state of undeath or reanimated dead that are filled with necromantic energy that causes the corruption.

Also, possibly consider the question of intent. I wonder if the intent of whomever is using the item/materials/arcane energies determines how it affects whatever it comes in contact with. Coal is naturally occurring, but it can be used for a positive purpose or a negative purpose. Coal itself isn't inherently good or evil... but how it's used in combination with arcane energies determines the outcome and might possibly even affect a change to the coal itself.
Gary Dallison Posted - 14 May 2022 : 16:59:04
I'm down with necromancy. Not necessarily dead things. Death and decay are part of nature. Even in the dnd worlds dying is the departure of positive energy from a body leaving it devoid of what makes them alive. That is not the same thing as the body then becoming filled with negative energy to animate them as undead.

Hence why I thought there was something special about this "coal" in particular, reinforced by the evil feeling they get from being near that dark pit.

If I recall correctly, that moonwell is in the fens of the Fallon and kazgoroth was originally killed by cymrych hugh in that area. So his essence I believe polluted that place and caused the fens to come into existence in the first place. It is possible the corruption of kazgoroth leaked into the groundwater and could have soaked into that coal vein.

Of course the question then remains if kazgoroth was killed there originally why did it not pollute the moonwell then, but perhaps it did and the druids spent a millennia purifying it.
wildeman Posted - 14 May 2022 : 16:50:05
It has been a while since I read the books, but iirc, was a moonwell not corrupted by having it saturated by the undead? Unfortunately, my memory is fuzzy... If I am remembering correctly, the idea of the moonwell being corrupted by death/decay/necrotic energy would make sense. And that plays well with coal being composed, at least in part, by decayed matter. Just my two cents.
Baltas Posted - 14 May 2022 : 13:14:01
Hmm, it could be tied to the fact coal is made from dead and partly decayed plant life, accumulated over ages (hard to tell if millions of years). This could accumulate dormant necrotic energies. Especially if the coal was formed in some catastrophic event, like plant life dying in excess after Dendar ate the sun, or another event (that could also taint the coal), something tied to the Creator Races or even maybe "birth" (?) of Moander.
Gary Dallison Posted - 14 May 2022 : 10:35:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Not my favourite part of the novel, something that made little and less sense. The adventurers league book does say magical experimentation thankfully.

Why would coal - a natural substance - pollute a moonwell. In the end I had to come up with a bit that the coal was tainted with death and necromancer and that was why it polluted the moonwell.

Uranium is a natural substance, but that doesn't make it safe to eat. We could be here all day naming natural things that will readily kill anyone or anything that ingests them. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it can't have harmful properties.

Heck, if you take an animal that has died of natural causes and toss it into a small body of water, it can make that water unsafe to drink for a lot of other critters. No poison or violence needed.

It doesn't take much to befoul water, especially if there's active intent involved.

True, but polluting a moonwell is not just about the water, its about the magic. The way it read to me was that the Earthmother is about nature and balance and at the time coal in the real world represents industry and a pollution of nature.

Of course that makes no sense given that coal in itself is just a carbon rich rock deposit, and is no more unnatural than iron or uranium. Otherwise the creatures could have just defecated into the moonwell and have polluted it much quicker than digging a deep mine. The dark and evil feeling in the pit in that mine says to me that the true reason that particular "coal" vein was used is because it is tainted by evil.

Just my thoughts, it could just be coal, and even a sufficient quantity of mud or rancid water would be enough to pollute a moonwell, but that just doesnt seem right to me.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 May 2022 : 22:43:49
quote:

Not my favourite part of the novel, something that made little and less sense. The adventurers league book does say magical experimentation thankfully.

Why would coal - a natural substance - pollute a moonwell. In the end I had to come up with a bit that the coal was tainted with death and necromancer and that was why it polluted the moonwell.

Uranium is a natural substance, but that doesn't make it safe to eat. We could be here all day naming natural things that will readily kill anyone or anything that ingests them. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it can't have harmful properties.

Heck, if you take an animal that has died of natural causes and toss it into a small body of water, it can make that water unsafe to drink for a lot of other critters. No poison or violence needed.

It doesn't take much to befoul water, especially if there's active intent involved.
Gary Dallison Posted - 13 May 2022 : 19:04:40

Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 May 2022 : 18:57:29
You don't need magic to affect a Moonwell. It happened in one of the books via simple pollution.
Gary Dallison Posted - 13 May 2022 : 15:55:04
So in the Moonshaes Aflame adventure series by Baldman Games it notes the Tearglade (a marshy bog) as being home to a number of ruins from a kingdom that predates the reigns of the High Kings. The owners of this "kingdom" messed with the moonwells and caused a planar rift that formed the Tearglade and caused unchecked growth among the inhabitants of the glade.

Not canon i know, but its the only thing of detail apart from werewolves in 400 DR ish.

Given that its before the High Kings, i'm not going to attribute the ruins to the ffolk clans (only about 20 years before the clans appoint a king and then a high king) as it doesnt fit the ffolk capabilities at the time.

So we have some magically advanced civilisation (they messed with a moonwell so they must understand magic to some degree), that existed here before 150 DR and then caused their own destruction.

My initial thoughts are netherese, not because they are the go to answer, but because there are a number of netherese artifacts and ruins in the Moonshae Isles - Darkhorn Castle has a netherese blast sceptre in it and an enclave crashed in the korinn archipelago.

I'm thinking the small enclave crashes, the arcanists try and teleport, it goes wonky and they end up on the Isle of Alaron. They claim the TOrriage Woods, mess with the moonwell and cause their own destruction. They could even end up changed into werewolves of a sort thanks to the fey energies bringing out latent pseudo lycanthropic traits.
Gary Dallison Posted - 12 May 2022 : 14:55:24
Now i'm looking for a CAlishite Pasha that is of the evil and unscrupulous sort that was murdered sometime before 1372 DR.

One potential candidate i have is PAsha Balik.
He is ruling Zazesspur by 1352 DR. He is assassinated in 1364 DR. His rule of Zazesspur was benevolent, but that doesnt mean he wasnt a secret evil person. Pasha Balik had a minor son who was enrolled in the Calishite School of Stealth (from the Elfsong novel i think) which i think was either a reference to the SHadow Thieves or a rival school set up by Djenispool. And incidentally is he same school that Daryth mentions that he once worked for and that Razfellow is from.
He could have been a Calishite merchant, who bought the title to Cantrev Kythyss. Enslaved Azadarr Darkyn's parents when they became indebted to him and used them to make weapons to to sell to the Broken Ring - Halls of the High King has a scene where the agents are shipping sword crates across Callidyrr in preparation for the Cult of Bane's activities). Got involved with Cyndre and used his contacts to put Hobarth and his assassins in touch with the Black Wizards (likely hoping to gain political favour). When all that went to pot and Tristan became High King, i can imagine Balik got a bit nervous at being discovered and decided to sell up and do a runner, leaving a bit of a power vacuum in Kythyss and allowing lots of shady organisations to gain entry into Callidyrr.

Pasha Balik then buys his way into Zazesspur with his Knights of the Shield membership, and brings along Azadarr's parents and the child. The parents likely die during their enslavement (they were probably sold on when they got too old and sent to work in mines somewhere), when the Knights of the Shield figured out the interregnum was ending and they wanted to help the new order they have the 20 year old Azadarr help them murder his master.

Azadarr takes a bunch of his gold and magic and flees and begins his journey to become the Baron of Maerantede
Gary Dallison Posted - 12 May 2022 : 13:01:30
Going over my notes again the Calishite influence is all seemingly criminal in nature. There are the assassins sent to kill the kings (Razfellow is a calishite) and there is the Ginyak drug which is from Calimshan.

I presume the assassins were involved with Hobarth (the priest of Bhaal) and that he was involved with the Shadow Thieves which would still have been strong in Calimshan (until the Time of Troubles). Hobarth could even have been Calishite as well (although i dont believe any novels mention his origin).

I could also tie this into Azadar Darkyn the Baron of Maerantede, whose parents were Moonshae weaponsmiths and they were enslaved by a Calishite Pasha. It could easily be that King Carrathal awarded the title of Laird to a CAlishite Pasha and merchant prince to encourage his investment in Callidyrr. That evil Pasha could have enslaved people that became indebted to him and shipped them off to Calimshan (where slavery is legal). Its not unlikely that such an evil scumbag would have connections to the shadow thieves and act as a go between for Cyndre and the assassins.
Gary Dallison Posted - 12 May 2022 : 12:30:39
I could make the cantrev laird be a calishite merchant, he brings in his cronies and agents and they try and spread to the rest of callidyrr
ericlboyd Posted - 12 May 2022 : 12:15:48
quote:

Here's what i have come up with for Cantrev Kythyss, just to try and expand a bit on what is already out there (about 3 lines in total spread across various sources).

Nothing terribly inspired, and i'm not set on the name of the settlement, but what i have below explains the nature of the fishing dispute between kythyss and llewellyn, as well as how and why Amn got control over the territory in the 1400s

Cantrev Kythyss: Cantrev Kythyss is a small and recently founded Cantrev, covering only the southern most tip of the Isle of Alaron. It was originally part of Cantrev Llewellyn, but a dispute between the Laird and foreign merchants over access to the harbour led to the merchant petitioning a King to create a new harbour for passing ships. This was granted in 1273 DR and Cantrev Kythyss was formed claiming all land within a days ride of the newly founded settlement of Kyth's Head.
Cantrev Kythyss has quickly grown thanks to the recent explosion in trade between the Moonshae Isles and mainland Faerun, with it becoming a major port on the shipping route between south, central, and north Sword Coast. Merchant ships often dock here to resupply and trade before passing on to Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Amn, or Calimshan, the docks at Kythyss are preferred by smaller merchant groups over the more expensive docks at Caer Callidyrr.
The rural inhabitants of Cantrev Kythyss are all traditional farmers, and fishermen, while those living in Kiths Head are largely foreigners that work the docks and service the merchant ships that port here. Since the formation of Cantrev Kythyss there has been a dispute with Cantrev Llewellyn over fishing rights to the Strait of Alaron, the Lairds of Cantrev Kythyss extend its territory into the water while the Lairds of Cantrev Llewellyn - who traditionally claimed these waters - point out that King Benjamin's decree was that the lands of Cantrev Kythyss extend only for a day's ride around the settlement and that implies travel by horse and so does not include any sea territory.

Kiths Head: This large settlement (by ffolk standards) is a collection of sturdy docks and warehouses, surrounded by a sprawl of small dwellings that house the local labourers and those who provide services for or trade with the passing merchant ships. Kythyss has a single paved street running past the docks and up to join the High King's Road, while the rest of the town is a maze of mud trails that turn into a swamp whenever the rains fall.
The population of Kiths Head is a mix of local ffolk and foreigners that act as labourers and provide services to the passing merchant ships. Despite the wealth that passes through this settlement on its way to Caer Callidyrr or ports on the mainland, poverty is rife in Kiths Head. The Laird of Cantrev Kythyss is always a rich merchant with trade interests in Callidyrr, and appointments to this position are often used by the King of Callidyrr to attract new investment to the settlement.
Kiths Head is a constantly changing hotbed of intrigue as new Lairds are appointed and bring their own contacts to the town. There are gangs of thieves and agents of shady organisations arriving in Kythyss every decade, in this regard Kythyss acts as a gateway to Callidyrr and the rest of the Moonshae Isles for foreign agencies. Currently the Broken Ring has established itself here and defends its territory from newcomers. If ever a hostile takeover was to be attempted in Callidyrr, it would begin in Kythyss.

There's a bit in the first novel (Darkwalker on Moonshae IIRC) about Calishite influence in the Moonshaes. It might be interesting to give this port a distinctly Calishite influence, just to differentiate it from the rest of the Moonshaes.
Gary Dallison Posted - 12 May 2022 : 11:12:47
Here's what i have come up with for Cantrev Kythyss, just to try and expand a bit on what is already out there (about 3 lines in total spread across various sources).

Nothing terribly inspired, and i'm not set on the name of the settlement, but what i have below explains the nature of the fishing dispute between kythyss and llewellyn, as well as how and why Amn got control over the territory in the 1400s

Cantrev Kythyss: Cantrev Kythyss is a small and recently founded Cantrev, covering only the southern most tip of the Isle of Alaron. It was originally part of Cantrev Llewellyn, but a dispute between the Laird and foreign merchants over access to the harbour led to the merchant petitioning a King to create a new harbour for passing ships. This was granted in 1273 DR and Cantrev Kythyss was formed claiming all land within a days ride of the newly founded settlement of Kyth's Head.
Cantrev Kythyss has quickly grown thanks to the recent explosion in trade between the Moonshae Isles and mainland Faerun, with it becoming a major port on the shipping route between south, central, and north Sword Coast. Merchant ships often dock here to resupply and trade before passing on to Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Amn, or Calimshan, the docks at Kythyss are preferred by smaller merchant groups over the more expensive docks at Caer Callidyrr.
The rural inhabitants of Cantrev Kythyss are all traditional farmers, and fishermen, while those living in Kiths Head are largely foreigners that work the docks and service the merchant ships that port here. Since the formation of Cantrev Kythyss there has been a dispute with Cantrev Llewellyn over fishing rights to the Strait of Alaron, the Lairds of Cantrev Kythyss extend its territory into the water while the Lairds of Cantrev Llewellyn - who traditionally claimed these waters - point out that King Benjamin's decree was that the lands of Cantrev Kythyss extend only for a day's ride around the settlement and that implies travel by horse and so does not include any sea territory.

Kiths Head: This large settlement (by ffolk standards) is a collection of sturdy docks and warehouses, surrounded by a sprawl of small dwellings that house the local labourers and those who provide services for or trade with the passing merchant ships. Kythyss has a single paved street running past the docks and up to join the High King's Road, while the rest of the town is a maze of mud trails that turn into a swamp whenever the rains fall.
The population of Kiths Head is a mix of local ffolk and foreigners that act as labourers and provide services to the passing merchant ships. Despite the wealth that passes through this settlement on its way to Caer Callidyrr or ports on the mainland, poverty is rife in Kiths Head. The Laird of Cantrev Kythyss is always a rich merchant with trade interests in Callidyrr, and appointments to this position are often used by the King of Callidyrr to attract new investment to the settlement.
Kiths Head is a constantly changing hotbed of intrigue as new Lairds are appointed and bring their own contacts to the town. There are gangs of thieves and agents of shady organisations arriving in Kythyss every decade, in this regard Kythyss acts as a gateway to Callidyrr and the rest of the Moonshae Isles for foreign agencies. Currently the Broken Ring has established itself here and defends its territory from newcomers. If ever a hostile takeover was to be attempted in Callidyrr, it would begin in Kythyss.
Gary Dallison Posted - 11 May 2022 : 17:17:03
Anybody here good with traditional welsh, Scottish, Irish or even old english words that might resemble Kythyss or perhaps two words like Kyth and Yss that can be mashed together.

Trying to figure out what I can do with the name and thus far all ove found is a Cu Sidhe, a mythical celtic dog which I'm pretty sure has been done in dnd with the cooshie
Gary Dallison Posted - 11 May 2022 : 06:23:58
Finally going over my earlier pages on the moonshae isles. This time I'm using the adventurers league stuff for more inspirations because even though it's not canon at all, at least it's something.

Now I've got chief alaron obsessed with a Fey leshay called aodh. He gets possessed and poisoned by a jealous leshay. He reanimates as some weird Fey vampire and gets imprisoned in his tomb under rushwood, while the possessing leshay lord is turned to stone in the feywild analogue of rushwood.

Also got a lady of the lake kind of legend, but this lady tries to murder those venturing into her lake to steal the sword she tempts them with. Oh and a moonwell guarded by singing bears.

All of that from ccc bmg moon 6-1 to 6-3. Previously I had rush down wood being a remnant of the wood that covered all of alaron and that was it.
wildeman Posted - 01 May 2022 : 09:33:57
Ok, I got some info from a couple of folks on the BMG Discord concerning the status of Rising Shadows Moons 1-2 through 1-5 and Convention Content --Moon 11-S A Darkened Dance, 12-S Pandemonium, 13-S Shadow of the Coasts, 14-S Pageant of Spring, 15-S Tower of Ruin, 9-S Darkness Unleashed, ES-1 A Drop in the Ocean, ES- 2The Grand Conclave of the Moonshaes, ES-3 The Shadow Downs...

"Moons 1-2 through 1-5 haven't been released yet. I asked a week or two ago about them and they are still being worked on. I think Eric was hoping to get them out in the next month or two.
the -S and ES modules aren't going to be publicly released. They were special events."

"If you want to play the S or ES adventures, the only place you can play them is with us - we're actually not even allowed to publish them even if we wanted, they're only legal for DDAL play when run at BMG events."

So, some good some bad news there for those of us obsessed with the Moonshaes... lol.
wildeman Posted - 30 Apr 2022 : 20:26:52
Baltas,
Yeah, it was pretty cool... and it does make sense. Gary's approach to the Earthmother has always interested me. Dealing with deities has always been a bit of a "too big to manage and wrap my head around" sort of thing.

I haven't looked at this lore in a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy but it seems like there was some stuff about the Dawn Wars and two "missing/unnamed" Primordials/Elementals. I may be remembering this incorrectly. Anyway. I had shared with Gary an idea that perhaps the Earthmother is one of these unnamed ones who chose to remove herself from the conflict... only being concerned with maintaining the balance and the cycle... and became the Moonshaes. (This is just my random musings. Obviously, E.M.gets the final word. Lol.)
wildeman Posted - 30 Apr 2022 : 20:04:13
Also, after skimming through N4 Treasure Hunt and Moon 1-7 Treasure Hunt they are basically the same adventure. The Rising Shadow Moon 1-1 Treasure Hunt from BMG is completely different. Just fyi.
Baltas Posted - 30 Apr 2022 : 11:34:02
quote:
Originally posted by wildeman

Baltas, that was very interesting... thanks.

I hope someone might be able to help. I'm trying to collect the complete adventure path for Rising Shadows. It starts with Treasure Hunt... Moon 1-1. There are supposed to be four additional parts... Moon 1-2 Mind the Missive, Moon 1-3 Heritage Vs. Kinship, Moon 1-4 The Bravest of West Breasal, and Moon 1-5 The Wilderness Calls.

I can't find these available anywhere. I've emailed Baldman Games asking for help, but have received no response. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks

Glad you found it also very interesting. It is a spoiler, but I think a very interesting, and a revelation that makes sense.
Gary Dallison Posted - 30 Apr 2022 : 07:43:26
I'm afraid I've never heard of that one either. It looks like it was cancelled so it may never have officially been released.

We should compare notes on moonshae resources, make sure we've got everything between us.
wildeman Posted - 30 Apr 2022 : 04:57:22
Gary,
Thanks for checking... I found the entire adventure path listed here... https://mythmakers.com/moonshaes.html I believe Eric Mange is affiliated with it.

The other group of adventures from the RPGA... I have all of the LFR Moon adventures. I don't have BALD1-05 Lost Refuge by Thiago de Oliveira Gonçalves... Paragon Tier... ran as CORE5-3 at Winter Fantasy 2013. Lost Refuge is the adventure that begins the "Fey Gates of the Sea of Swords" major quest. You wouldn't happen to have that one?

Btw, there's an older adventure N4 Treasure Hunt AD&D... I haven't read the entire adventure yet, but it looks pretty cool. It also takes place in at the Korinn Archipelago.
Gary Dallison Posted - 29 Apr 2022 : 18:02:46
My bad, definitely not the 4e ones. Never encountered any of these other ones you mention apart from treasure hunt
Gary Dallison Posted - 29 Apr 2022 : 16:55:20
I think that might be from the 4e RPga adventures. I probably have them, I'll see what I can find in my archive.
wildeman Posted - 29 Apr 2022 : 15:51:09
Baltas, that was very interesting... thanks.

I hope someone might be able to help. I'm trying to collect the complete adventure path for Rising Shadows. It starts with Treasure Hunt... Moon 1-1. There are supposed to be four additional parts... Moon 1-2 Mind the Missive, Moon 1-3 Heritage Vs. Kinship, Moon 1-4 The Bravest of West Breasal, and Moon 1-5 The Wilderness Calls.

I can't find these available anywhere. I've emailed Baldman Games asking for help, but have received no response. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks
Baltas Posted - 27 Apr 2022 : 14:10:01
Yeah, I thought you would not like the idea of Corellon Larethuan being the origin of all humanoid Fey (though to the Moonshae adventures and sourcebooks by Baldman Games using 5E lore), but I thought the rest of it might be something you'll find interesting and/or useful.
Gary Dallison Posted - 27 Apr 2022 : 13:42:10
Cymry is a bit too close to real world for me, taking directly from the welsh language.

Also not entirely seeing the connection between the leshay and corellon.

Might be something I can steal though. I've already got ordalfs sister and while I dont like to mix the divine events with real world ones it seems that the leshay of the moonshaes could have decided not to help the elves during the last crown wars while corellon and his Fey lords did side with the elves.

I'll have a look at the source though before making up my mind. Cheers for the heads up
Baltas Posted - 27 Apr 2022 : 13:28:31
On the LordGosumba's recent podcast, (along with a ton of other interesting information) Eric Menge revealed some very interesting information on (his and Baldman Games take in their products about) Moonshae Isles and spectcially the Earthmother:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1466174664?t=1h46m9s
https://youtu.be/72axSxslI9M?t=6405

In short - the Earthmother started out as a LeShay (or rather Primal Elf) named Cymry, with Ordalf being her sister who wa close to her. Although you there both are children of Corellon (born of his blood, as other first elves. During the war between Corellon and Lolth, she decided to not support either site, and decided to though like Corellon before, become a creator herself, and merged with or became the Moonshae Isles - and the Primal Spirit embodying them.
ericlboyd Posted - 05 Apr 2021 : 23:09:38
quote:

Surely the sailors from Tuern and Gundarlun cannot be Illuskan and Northuir.

I think I posted this earlier, but here's how I'm differentiating Ruathen from Northuir from Illuskan.

Ruathen is the original ethnic group on Ruathym.
Northuir is the name of that same ethnic group after they settle the Trackless Sea.
Illuskan is the name of that ethnic group after they merge with the Netherese.

--Eric

Gary Dallison Posted - 05 Apr 2021 : 16:45:20
Thanks for all those Eric and George, I suppose it's good to know the moonshaes are still untouched wilderness (in game and in terms of ongoing development and interest), I shall have to dust off my creative thinking cap. The Legion of the Damned alone should give much fuel for development.

Surely the sailors from Tuern and Gundarlun cannot be Illuskan and Northuir.

My initial thoughts were that the idea of the moonshaes as a cursed land comes from a much earlier (and failed) attempt at settlement when the northmen first arrived in faerun. Nothing survives of that initial settlement attempt except the warning tales of fishwives.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000