Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Animate Dead

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
portose_sharpe Posted - 17 Sep 2019 : 18:27:31
hello fellow DM's,

I have a question about undead / animate dead spell. I have a PC who due to a class can cast a upgraded Animate dead spell able to make vampires, ghost etc.

When he animates a corpse back to a undead state as a intelligent form, does said undead retain all of his memories from his living life.

thank you.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wrigley Posted - 23 Sep 2019 : 09:52:14
In 3e this spell is called Create Undead. As of their intelligence and memories - rules do not say much as it is expected that they are created right away (possibly by another vampire, ...).
In my realms it depends on time spent dead and they loose some of their memories for long time until they fade away and cannot be raised as higher undead anymore. Memories are lost by significance to the deceased so most important parts are kept longest. Time in this state depends on person's closeness to his diety and is about 200 years (time is relative on the Planes so it might be different if needed). It is easier and faster if they are closer fit to blend in. Some of the dead are chosen to be made planars in service of their diety and that is made right away and there is no chance of bringing the soul back except summoning the planar being.
LordofBones Posted - 17 Sep 2019 : 20:59:09
Depends on the undead. Templated undead generally remember everything; other types have vague memories.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000