Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Dark Skies in Anchorome

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 19:04:45
Ok, so the first Anchorome adventure is up! I will be adding another piece of art in an update pretty soon, but I want to see if anyone notices any errors as well for one big update.

ANA1 Dark Skies in Anchorome

Here is the introduction found on the back cover....

quote:

Adventure in the fabled lands of Anchôromé

Pasocada Basin has seen many years of peace since the Second Sundering. Strife has all but fled the land and the Azuposi have benefited from both good hunting and harvests. The Gilded Priest of Michaca rules with great wisdom, and the Great Spirits seem content with their chosen people. But now something foreboding comes from the distant northwest. Clouds of pure darkness have moved with purpose above the pueblo of Nozoma and they have not broken for many days. It is also rumored that Nozoma's priests have captured a demon! The Gilded Priest of Michaca wishes to know more, and the PCs are the perfect candidates to investigate!

UK7 Dark Clouds Gather was released in 1985 for the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons role playing game's first edition. It was written by Jim Bambra and Phil Gallagher, with art by Brian Williams, and was published by TSR in 1985. The plot revolved around a strange race of flying creatures known as the ba'atun whose leader, Yesorkh Payeh, possessed a young cloud giant and took over the giant's flying castle. The adventure involved aarakocra, flying polar owlbears and and the crystalline tower of an ancient sorcerer. Besides being one of my favorite adventures as a preteen, the important parts of the story also just happen to fit perfectly in an Anchôromé campaign!

The aarakocra were quite heroic in the story and Anchôromé is known for its own nation of the eagle-folk. With flying aeries of their own, it was easy to cut out the giants and rewrite what remained to become Dark Skies in Anchôromé. Is it coincidence that the Pasocada Basin had an ancient race of arcanists that most certainly would have built crystalline towers of magic? Many familiar faces are here, but they are certainly not presented exactly the same as they were in UK7. Bernhardt the priest has become Bern'hardt the pueblo priest of the War Twins. Tcho'eh the aarakocra is a great war captain who has come seeking aid in freeing his possessed
daughter, and Asdos the kindly cleric has become a young sunwatcher of great destiny. Yesorkh Payeh is no different than she ever was!

If you want to know what the flying aerie looks like, just take a peak at the cover made by the amazing Chris Becker!

So, whether you have defeated the ba'atun in the 1980s or have never even heard of one, get ready for some surprises and let your players stop this menace before it is too late for Azuposi and aarakocra alike. Ancient alliances will be reforged!

The Anchôromé Campaign

Anchôromé is a continent found in the northwestern reaches of the planet Toril which was first described in any detail in the Maztican supplement FMQ1 City of Gold. It is found to the north of the fabled lands of Maztica and is mostly unknown to the inhabitants of both Faerûn and Maztica. On DmsGuild, a new Anchôromé campaign has been introduced starting with ANC1 The Anchôromé Campaign Guide, and followed up with ANM1 The Bee Tribe of Anchôromé, ANS1 The Land of the Insect Men, ANM2 Kci Athussos, the Great Snail Dragon and ANS2 Monsters of Anchôromé.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shades of eternity Posted - 26 Nov 2019 : 02:30:13
k time to undo a great injustice.

Purchased. :)
Seethyr Posted - 03 Oct 2019 : 02:45:18
The final adventure is up. I wanted to wait until I got all my art in before I posted the link here. Would love to hear coments about it if anyone picks it up.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/288933/ANA1-Dark-Skies-in-Anchorome
shades of eternity Posted - 21 Sep 2019 : 02:46:13
I've been looking forward to this. :)
jamesewelch Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 21:45:23
Yeah. There's only a handful of URLs that are allowed in the product description pages. You can't even link to candlekeep.com if you wanted to. There's maybe a dozen allowed links. The list of allowable URLs is somewhere on that product edit page.
Seethyr Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 20:25:55
quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch

Yes. Other products images.

I think I fixed it...imgur seems to work (like you told me long ago)
jamesewelch Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 20:05:58
Yes. Other products images.
Seethyr Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 19:40:42
quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch

Looks nice and the map looks pretty nice as well.

The product description page images aren't loading for me (the ones on google.drive).

I am wondering why that's happening. I have checked on a number of platforms and it is coming up for me. I'll try switching over to imgur as soon as I get myself together here.

You mean the image links for other products, correct?
jamesewelch Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 19:18:32
Looks nice and the map looks pretty nice as well.

The product description page images aren't loading for me (the ones on google.drive).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000