Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Eaerlann Teasers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 25 Feb 2019 : 21:12:19
Greetings,

I'm working on Crown of Eaerlann, a new adventure / sourcebook akin to Under Illefarn Anew, but set in the High Forest. I've gotten a lot done, but I have a long ways to go.

I'll try to put a few tidbits in this thread.

--Eric
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cards77 Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 17:23:29
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I have to say that Crown of Eaerlann is in a bit of hiatus at the moment. Precedence has transferred to Renewal of the Covenant. And we have barely scratched the surface of Unleash the Kraken. I understand that progress if being made. Wait and see.

-- George Krashos

I CANNOT WAIT!

I'm your biggest fan (also I'm ELB's biggest fan).

Cards77 Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 17:20:38
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

What Eric and I have done in Crown of Eaerlann is treat elves in a way that Ed Greenwood always has: they are not some godly, enlightened, benevolent group and hence they feature individuals that span the ethical and moral spectrum. Such a one is Lord Marigaer. Is he representative of House Ahmaquissar? Not likely. But respectfully, neither is your creation Curudin. The Realms is big enough to fit in everyone's ideas and creativity. And that's the way it is. And Eric is right, a pantheon of straight CG deities IS boring.;)

-- George Krashos

Correct. Elves are quite complex and nuanced individuals. Possibly even more so than humans due to their long lives and exposure to many many more experiences.

Elves in the Realms have never been the fantasy tropes.

They are fantastically deep, broad, and at times deeply conflicted as a race. Within that race houses every type of elf across the spectrum of alignments, goals, irreverence, reverence, etc. They are perhaps the most multi-faceted of all the main races.

Zeromaru X Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 15:30:53
We have waited for years, so I guess we can still wait a few months
George Krashos Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 13:48:00
I have to say that Crown of Eaerlann is in a bit of hiatus at the moment. Precedence has transferred to Renewal of the Covenant. And we have barely scratched the surface of Unleash the Kraken. I understand that progress if being made. Wait and see.

-- George Krashos
Brimstone Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 07:54:04
So, is there any more "Teasers" y'all can share with us true believers?
George Krashos Posted - 05 Aug 2020 : 03:40:30
Riiiight. Take it easy Archfey of Debauchery. - the comment related to the fact that CEV's profile lists his name as "Michael Debauchery". Fact. Participation here is a marathon, not a sprint. Be a productive member and post about the Realms. Leave the rest by the way side. And please post in this thread re Crown of Eaerlann. Take the the rest somewhere else. Just a bit of friendly advice.

-- George Krashos
Archfey of Debauchery Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 09:37:46
Seriously, just clicked on CEV's profile again and it says nothing about debauchery. Why do you hate this man or woman so much? Honestly, you have said nothing but negative, nasty things about this person since I first came to Candlekeep. I like his/her stuff. Well written and fun to read. Yet you seem out to denounce him/her and his/her posts for no other reason than indifference. You are the epitome of a D&D troll in my eyes. I am a investigator of truth and just happen to be a geek. If you're going to talk junk about a member of Candlekeep, then I can only assume you'd do the same to your people in the real world.

You're a Moderator... act like it. Don't accuse people new to this site of anything. Don't associate me with CEV unless it's about his cool writings and lore and opinions. Other than that, you've been rude to me personally, regarding me as a member who no longer exists.

If I wanted I could do a whole segment on Candlekeep in our next blog with West Coast AM/PM, on Radio XM 106.3 that would drive all our fans to shun this site. I really don't want to do this, but you're being a creep, and a jerk. Seriously... Wolly Rupart, or whatever you're called, here on the boards. You're a nasty, mean person. I have no clue why the Webmaster of Candlekeep keeps you as a moderator.

Would you like me to post all your rude comments to CEV? I'm not defending this person, but if you're going to make such crappy claims, then I will need some crappy evidence. I can provide both with pleasure.

Now CEV made the mistake of speaking his/her mind. I respect that. You on the other hand denounce him/her every chance you have. Regardless that he or she is incorporating FR into his or her thoughts. You called them a bigot? A homophobe? A fake?

Unless you spew canon out your arse 24/7 you cannot judge anyone ever in your life. Yet you seem to focus on CEV with abandon. I'm new to the FR and new to these boards, but I will say that you're already on my list of things I will talk about on XM radio to thousands of fellow geeks, and normal people.

I just literally re-read that entire thread you and your fellows keep bringing up. Nothing, and I mean nothing indicates that he is racist or gay hating or breaking forum rules. I personally am a gay man trying to carve a life out of a heterosexual world. Nothing he/she said offended me. So maybe those of you who oppose his post are homophobic yourselves?? I agree with what he had to say, but you demonize him as straight people. I'm gay and queer as can be and I liked what he had to say in that thread.

To be like Wolly Rupert... I would hope my bosses wouldn't see how I treat people I disagree with.

Archfey of Debauchery Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 08:56:18
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Here is CEV Profile.

Hmmm, CEV listed his last name as Debauchery... And the new Archfey of Debauchery is a huge fan of everything CEV does...

Funny. I don't see that no matter what I click on. Can you please elaborate? I'm getting the feeling you are paranoid or something. You seem like an elitist and I'm not going to fall for that.I looked up his profile, which is subdued, and it mentions nothing of debauchery. So either you are delusional or just a web-troll.
Brimstone Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 04:02:20
I was wondering that myself. Looks like we may have a Sock Puppet on our hands? I could be wrong. Lord K called it on another Scroll.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 03:56:03
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Here is CEV Profile.

Hmmm, CEV listed his last name as Debauchery... And the new Archfey of Debauchery is a huge fan of everything CEV does...
Brimstone Posted - 04 Aug 2020 : 03:29:57
Here is CEV Profile.
Archfey of Debauchery Posted - 03 Aug 2020 : 19:36:08
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

If you are unable to PM them, my guess is that CEV is no longer a member.

Thank you. That's unfortunate.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 03 Aug 2020 : 18:51:41
If you are unable to PM them, my guess is that CEV is no longer a member.
Archfey of Debauchery Posted - 03 Aug 2020 : 17:57:43
I'm very curious about House Ahmaquissar. I tried to PM copper elven vampire, but it keeps saying his profile doesn't exist. I just enjoy the concept of a moon elf house full of rogues and thieves and that trickster god. I agree that all elven houses have good and evil personalities amongst them. Does anyone know if CEV's character Curudin Ahmaquissar is canon or homebrew?

On topic, when is this adventure going to be available?
CorellonsDevout Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 01:49:21
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

the black arrow guy is either cn or ce....

Shevarash And I believe he is CN.

I don't think a pantheon of CG deities is boring, but I don't think all the Seldarine members are CG. I believe Fenmarel is also CN, though I could be wrong on that.

When Ed said elves were monsters in the Annotated Elminster, I took it to mean they were the "bad guys" of that book (El in Myth Drannor). That said, they are indeed individuals, and are capable of good or evil. I've always loved elves, but they have done their wrongs, and are not perfect.
George Krashos Posted - 15 Jul 2020 : 01:04:23
What Eric and I have done in Crown of Eaerlann is treat elves in a way that Ed Greenwood always has: they are not some godly, enlightened, benevolent group and hence they feature individuals that span the ethical and moral spectrum. Such a one is Lord Marigaer. Is he representative of House Ahmaquissar? Not likely. But respectfully, neither is your creation Curudin. The Realms is big enough to fit in everyone's ideas and creativity. And that's the way it is. And Eric is right, a pantheon of straight CG deities IS boring.;)

-- George Krashos
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 14 Jul 2020 : 03:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Wow! Talk about anathema to elven society.

As a I said earlier, a pantheon of CG deities is BORING!!!!

:-)

I couldn't believe that Erevan Ilesere would be boring in the least. In fact, he may just be the most fun loving entity in the entire multiverse. How many lawful good deities have him on their blacklist? LOL. How many chaotic deities have him on their own blacklist? How many fellow trickster deities have him on their blacklist? LOL.

I don't find the Seldarine boring at all, but I get what you're trying to say, I think.

But as far as BORING... Erevan Ilesere has most likely drank wine and spirits with every Fey deity in the multiverse as well. From Titania and Oberon, to the Lords of Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer.

Calculations proceed to conclude that Erevan would also have shady dealings with the Dark Fey of the Unseelie Court. Maybe not The Queen of Air and Darkness herself, but other powerful Dark Fey deities. Not out of evil deals and seedy intentions, but out of necessity towards the elven agenda, and more importantly, his own agenda.

I can see Erevan Ilesere as a nuisance to other deities of chaos, thieves, rogues, and trickery. Constantly playing pranks and tricks on his fellow rogue gods and goddesses. Blacklisted by Mask and Vhaeraun, but tolerated by Brandobaris, Garl Glittergold. Baravar Cloakshadow and Vergadain, among others.

I say get Erik Scot de bie or Elaine Cunningham to write a history of Erevan Ilesere and some of house Ahmaquissar to boot.

Otherwise, a pantheon of CG deities isn't so boring.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 14 Jul 2020 : 03:20:09
quote:

Auzkovyn Tangle
For nearly two centuries, the stretch of forest between the Lost Peaks and the Star Mounts known as the Auzkovyn Tangle has been a nigh-impenetrable thicket of thorny vines wrapped around twisted trees with interwoven limbs. The Auzkovyn Tangle, as this region came to be known, was fashioned through the fell sorcery of Clan Auzkovyn, a tribe of Vhaeraun-worshiping drow that attempted to establish a small fastness in the Realms Above after centuries spent as itinerant wanderers in the Underdark. Relentless attacks by the Fair Folk of fallen Eaerlann drove the drow of Clan Auzkovyn to abandon their hard-won home in the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), when they fled the High Forest via the Harp Gate in the Tower of Swirling Shards (see page 96) for Battledale, only to come under attack by the Sisterhood of Essembra.
In their wake, this stretch of forest remains a nigh-impassable landscape of nightmares, inhabited by carnivorous plants and dark fey creatures, such as banshrae (MM5) and evil dryads, and ruled by a verdant prince (MM4) known as the Masked King. (The Masked King was born of an evil dryad and Lord Ord Artemel of Waterdeep (CN male Illuskan fighter 9), who found himself stranded in the western High Forest, after uncovering the truth behind the Hunt Lords of Noanar’s Hold. Lord Ord eventually made his way back to Waterdeep and now seeks fitting revenge.)
In the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), the Masked King forged an oath bond with Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar of Teuveamanthaar (see page 139). Under the terms of their agreement, the Masked King agreed to trade drugs from the Underdark to House Ahmaquissar in exchange for information about the movement of wood elf clans through the High Forest. The Masked King uses the information provided by Lord Marigaer to safeguard his kingdom and identify small groups of wood elves to attack.
The Masked King acquires the drugs from Vhaeraun-worshiping drow in the Underdark. He sends various dark fey under his rule via the perilous passages through Rornfaern into the Underdark to prearranged meeting points. The dark fey bring valuable surface goods (rare herbs and foodstuffs) provided by House Ahmaquissar to exchange for drugs by the drow. The Masked King then sends dark fey with the drugs to prearranged meeting points in the High Forest between the Auzkovyn Tangle and Teuveamanthaar. There the dark fey meet with agents of House Ahmaquissar to trade the drugs for sealed scrolls penned by Lord Marigaer.

quote:

Auzkovyn Tangle
For nearly two centuries, the stretch of forest between the Lost Peaks and the Star Mounts known as the Auzkovyn Tangle has been a nigh-impenetrable thicket of thorny vines wrapped around twisted trees with interwoven limbs. The Auzkovyn Tangle, as this region came to be known, was fashioned through the fell sorcery of Clan Auzkovyn, a tribe of Vhaeraun-worshiping drow that attempted to establish a small fastness in the Realms Above after centuries spent as itinerant wanderers in the Underdark. Relentless attacks by the Fair Folk of fallen Eaerlann drove the drow of Clan Auzkovyn to abandon their hard-won home in the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), when they fled the High Forest via the Harp Gate in the Tower of Swirling Shards (see page 96) for Battledale, only to come under attack by the Sisterhood of Essembra.
In their wake, this stretch of forest remains a nigh-impassable landscape of nightmares, inhabited by carnivorous plants and dark fey creatures, such as banshrae (MM5) and evil dryads, and ruled by a verdant prince (MM4) known as the Masked King. (The Masked King was born of an evil dryad and Lord Ord Artemel of Waterdeep (CN male Illuskan fighter 9), who found himself stranded in the western High Forest, after uncovering the truth behind the Hunt Lords of Noanar’s Hold. Lord Ord eventually made his way back to Waterdeep and now seeks fitting revenge.)
In the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), the Masked King forged an oath bond with Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar of Teuveamanthaar (see page 139). Under the terms of their agreement, the Masked King agreed to trade drugs from the Underdark to House Ahmaquissar in exchange for information about the movement of wood elf clans through the High Forest. The Masked King uses the information provided by Lord Marigaer to safeguard his kingdom and identify small groups of wood elves to attack.
The Masked King acquires the drugs from Vhaeraun-worshiping drow in the Underdark. He sends various dark fey under his rule via the perilous passages through Rornfaern into the Underdark to prearranged meeting points. The dark fey bring valuable surface goods (rare herbs and foodstuffs) provided by House Ahmaquissar to exchange for drugs by the drow. The Masked King then sends dark fey with the drugs to prearranged meeting points in the High Forest between the Auzkovyn Tangle and Teuveamanthaar. There the dark fey meet with agents of House Ahmaquissar to trade the drugs for sealed scrolls penned by Lord Marigaer.

A few things I'd like to clear up about House Ahmaquissar. Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar is NOT representative of House Ahmaquissar. Far from it. To align with such evil is not normally within the deeds of the moon elven house.

In fact, as it's written in the Elves of Evermeet 2ED supplement, House Ahmaquissar is a large moon elf family on both Faerun and Evermeet. They are a rowdy, mischievous house full of thieves, fighters, clerics, arcane casters, rangers, scouts, and other classes of specializations. All in all, House Ahmaquissar is a roguish based family.

I speculate that if 90% of house Ahmaquissar are rogues of some sort or another, and are prone to playing tricks and pranks on others and themselves, I surmise that they would most likely follow the dogma of the elven god Erevan Ilesere. I would then conclude by saying that almost 75% of all divine casters in the Ahmaquissar family would call to The Trickster for spells and guidance.

That being said... Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar (in my opinion) would most likely not be a Cleric or any type of divine caster of Erevan Ilesere or any other deity of the Seldarine, as serving up wood elves to an evil enemy is an evil act. Clerics of The Fey Jester would fight against that.

I don't know anything at all about Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar besides ELB's last little peek. I am completely coming to my own speculations based on all my extensive knowledge on House Ahmaquissar. My long-time main character for the past 30 years is Curudin Ahmaquissar; The Mischiefmaker of Everlund. I picked that house name 30 years ago for the simple fact that I wanted to play a moon elf PC that was a Rogue/Cleric of Erevan Ilesere; the elven god of trickery, chaos, rogues, mischief and change. House Ahmaquissar was a lesser known moon elf family devoted to rogues and quite unruly. I figured it was the perfect house for a PC like mine. Now 30 years later, ELB is making a masterpiece that involves my long coveted moon elf house of rogues.

I actually feel a twinge of guilt when I just read about the character of Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar. Is he goodly and just doing evil deeds to accomplish some greater good? Or is he just as evil as the Verdant Prince. I would love to know more about Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar please. And feel free to use me as a index to house Ahmaquissar or Erevan Ilesere.
Duneth Despana Posted - 08 Jul 2020 : 20:44:08
I literally live for this! Thank you!
quote:

Auzkovyn Tangle

I also love The Automn Spores. Very Golgari'esque
George Krashos Posted - 04 Jul 2020 : 02:40:40
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

No update on this in awhile. Is this coming out soon?

Soon as in the next couple of weeks? No. Soon as in the next couple of months? Unlikely. Soon as in next year? Possibly.

-- George Krashos
perlmugp Posted - 03 Jul 2020 : 15:44:43
No update on this in awhile. Is this coming out soon?
ericlboyd Posted - 23 Oct 2019 : 16:43:24
Auzkovyn Tangle
ericlboyd Posted - 20 Oct 2019 : 17:03:04
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I like the Verdant Phoenix ideas. This is the spirit of what I had in mind for the cult. I would think about how to work 3 aspects into the cult, so that it's not just Moander, but also Malgarius and Zuggtmoy.

I'll have to research them to figure out how to work them in. I'm familiar with Moander, but Zuggtmoy I only know from the Gord the Rogue novels, and it's been a long time since I read those. Malgarius I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm glad you like the Verdant Phoenix idea, though!

Best source on Zuggtmoy is Dragon #337, pages 36-54, although FC1 - Hordes of the Abyss has some detail as well. (Obviously T1-4, Temple of Elemental Evil, does as well.)

There's not much on Malgarius, outside of Fiendish Codex 1: Hordes of the Abyss, page 139, 156, and Dungeon #122, pages 56-70.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Oct 2019 : 16:13:13
quote:

I like the Verdant Phoenix ideas. This is the spirit of what I had in mind for the cult. I would think about how to work 3 aspects into the cult, so that it's not just Moander, but also Malgarius and Zuggtmoy.

I'll have to research them to figure out how to work them in. I'm familiar with Moander, but Zuggtmoy I only know from the Gord the Rogue novels, and it's been a long time since I read those. Malgarius I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm glad you like the Verdant Phoenix idea, though!
George Krashos Posted - 20 Oct 2019 : 14:22:32
It might be a tripartite deception - a false version of Angharradh.

— George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000