Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Inevitable Lore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Arcanamach Posted - 06 Aug 2019 : 14:17:58
Looking for any lore related to the Inevitables as a race. I've read the various editions of the Monster Manual/Fiend Folio, Dragon articles, etc. but would like ideas to flesh them out more.

I originally assumed that they served Primus in some fashion but did not realize they had come to blows with the modrons until an accord was reached.

Any ideas, sites, or homebrew scribes are willing to share will be well received. Right now I'm leaning toward a council, of sorts, with advanced versions of each type leading the species buuuut I would also like a grand leader as well. A unique Inevitable whose sole purpose is to organize and run the species.

I think a 'worker' class is also required for maintaining the creche-forges and perhaps a 'guardian' class for protecting the same.

Thoughs/ideas?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stones Finder Posted - 09 Aug 2019 : 02:13:45
Even in 2e, Primus was due to be replaced by a promoted (tertiary?) modron - although Tenebrous slowed the process by impersonating the original Primus after killing him. Toward the end of 3e, the Dragon issue previewing Tome of Magic said that the original Primus became a vestige.

I have no idea what his status is in 4e and 5e.
The Arcanamach Posted - 06 Aug 2019 : 17:48:30
Pathfinder has an interesting take on them (and I'm not surprised as I believe the original marut from 1e was a Jeff Grubb invention and he writes for PF, if memory serves me correctly).
The Arcanamach Posted - 06 Aug 2019 : 17:38:57
LoB: Yeah that's the original idea behind the marut but I prefer something unrelated to a real-world pantheon. The wiki states that they were created by Moradin and Amoth but there's no citation for it. Given their rather lofty pursuits, I think they deserve a complete write-up akin to what fiends receive, IMO.
BrennonGoldeye Posted - 06 Aug 2019 : 16:56:11
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

The Primus thing is a 5e construct.

Primus got killed off by Orcus/Tenebrous way back in 2E. I know they tried to make him a Primordial in 4E but even then he was a Dead Primordial. What kind of silliness do they have in 5E?
LordofBones Posted - 06 Aug 2019 : 16:12:59
The maruts were created by the Vedic power Rudra and were then spread out to other deities, ostensibly as gifts from Rudra.

The Primus thing is a 5e construct.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000