Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Prince Ereskas of Amn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Asharak Posted - 04 Aug 2019 : 15:03:21
In 626 DR, the settlement of Mirabar is founded by the aged, wanderer Prince Ereskas of Amn, who fled the intrigues of his homeland over twenty years previously.

Namarra has been the blade of Serrus the Great, founder of Amn, and a blade borne there by his descendants for three generations; the fourth, Ereskas, bore Namarra north to found the city of Mirabar.

Ereskas died without issue, and Namarra was carefully preserved atop his tomb in the city. There it remained for sixty years, until Mirabar was overrun and plundered in the Goblin Wars.

Goblin Wars occured in 753 DR.

Serrus died in 511 DR, his grandson Imnel in 520 DR, Rhadik (Imnel son) in 551 DR, and Imnel II (Rhadik son) in 560 DR.

This four monarchs bore Namarra and then, Ereskas became Namarra's bearer.

So Ereskas is born before 560 DR and died circa 693 DR. He probably used magic to prolong his life, maybe he was a wizard. And he was probably the legitimate heir of Amn to inherit of Namarra.

What do you think ?

Edit : perhaps add an enrtry in the Candlekeep index about Ereskas
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
neutrondecay Posted - 08 Jun 2020 : 10:59:29
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by neutrondecay

I'm just trying to piece together the Amnian succession, and I found this thread extremely helpful. This is all excellent, but I have one question:

Grand History of the Realms says that when Imnel II died in 560, he was succeeded by his nephew Corl I (535-579). If Lharik died young, and Ereskas was not a direct ancestor of Esmel III, was Corl I the son of Amissa? (Am I right in thinking Amissa was a woman, and if so, who was Corl's father?)

Thank you,

nd

Correct, Corl was Amissa's son. Her husband was Torlus Arklen.

-- George Krashos

Hi George,

Thanks for that - that's very helpful!

nd
George Krashos Posted - 06 Jun 2020 : 07:42:30
quote:
Originally posted by neutrondecay

I'm just trying to piece together the Amnian succession, and I found this thread extremely helpful. This is all excellent, but I have one question:

Grand History of the Realms says that when Imnel II died in 560, he was succeeded by his nephew Corl I (535-579). If Lharik died young, and Ereskas was not a direct ancestor of Esmel III, was Corl I the son of Amissa? (Am I right in thinking Amissa was a woman, and if so, who was Corl's father?)

Thank you,

nd

Correct, Corl was Amissa's son. Her husband was Torlus Arklen.

-- George Krashos
neutrondecay Posted - 04 Jun 2020 : 20:21:35

Thank you,

nd
George Krashos Posted - 16 Dec 2019 : 01:43:14
Glad you liked it. I stand ... ahem ... on the shoulders of giants (who live in Michigan). Eric and I have had a little play with Ereskas since then and fleshed out a bit more about Mirabar. All will be revealed in the years to come.

-- George Krashos
Steven Schend Posted - 15 Dec 2019 : 19:43:04
Don't know what took me so long to find this but it's brilliant!

Canon and official as far as this previous chronicler of Amn lore is concerned...

SES

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Rhadik the Bold [489-551] was married twice.

His first marriage to Maelina Shaesarl produced three children: Imnel II [512-560], Amissa [516-589] and Lharik [521-522]. Maelina died giving birth to Lharik and he in turn was a sickly child who didn't live long past his first year.

Late in life, King Rhadik became besotted with the very young and vivacious Semathel Tarnis [529-601], marrying her (much to the horror of the senior nobility) in 547 DR. She bore him a son, Ereskas, in 549 DR.

When King Esmel II died in 601 DR following the deaths of his wife and first son and heir, his second son Dharik came to the throne, and was crowned King Esmel III. Esmel III was a lackwit (i.e. he was mentally impaired) which is why the regency of his grandfather Marcos Vymmar was installed, even though Esmel III was of age to rule in his own right.

Prince Ereskas, a senior member of the royal family, and great-great uncle to the ruling king was incensed that he was not given a role at court, and even more enraged by the power that a nobleman now wielded over the kingdom. His dissatisfaction with the state of affairs led to him launching a rebellion to "save the king from his evil advisors" and have himself installed as regent. He stole Namarra from the royal vaults beneath the royal palace Dahaundar in Esmeltaran and used it as a symbol of "right" for his revolt.

His dreams of ruling Amn from behind the throne were dashed at the Battle of Broken Blades in late 601 DR when his ragtag army of disaffected nobles and mercenaries was crushed on the banks of the Esmel River, east of present-day Purskul. Ereskas fled the kingdom and became a wanderer and mercenary.

He founded Mirabar in 626 DR when he led the mercenaries of the Company of the Scarlet Steed in an orc-scouring expedition sponsored by the newly crowned King Haryd II of Delimbiyran, the Kingdom of Man. The expedition discovered the ruins of the former dwarven city of Mirabar and he elected to make them his home and found his own kingdom in the harsh North, far from his homeland. He was aged 77 years but still in good health and lived for many more years before dying in 643 DR.

-- George Krashos

shades of eternity Posted - 03 Dec 2019 : 21:51:57
I like it too. :)
Asharak Posted - 04 Aug 2019 : 19:21:49
Greats ! I love.
This useful, thank you very much.
George Krashos Posted - 04 Aug 2019 : 18:26:11
Rhadik the Bold [489-551] was married twice.

His first marriage to Maelina Shaesarl produced three children: Imnel II [512-560], Amissa [516-589] and Lharik [521-522]. Maelina died giving birth to Lharik and he in turn was a sickly child who didn't live long past his first year.

Late in life, King Rhadik became besotted with the very young and vivacious Semathel Tarnis [529-601], marrying her (much to the horror of the senior nobility) in 547 DR. She bore him a son, Ereskas, in 549 DR.

When King Esmel II died in 601 DR following the deaths of his wife and first son and heir, his second son Dharik came to the throne, and was crowned King Esmel III. Esmel III was a lackwit (i.e. he was mentally impaired) which is why the regency of his grandfather Marcos Vymmar was installed, even though Esmel III was of age to rule in his own right.

Prince Ereskas, a senior member of the royal family, and great-great uncle to the ruling king was incensed that he was not given a role at court, and even more enraged by the power that a nobleman now wielded over the kingdom. His dissatisfaction with the state of affairs led to him launching a rebellion to "save the king from his evil advisors" and have himself installed as regent. He stole Namarra from the royal vaults beneath the royal palace Dahaundar in Esmeltaran and used it as a symbol of "right" for his revolt.

His dreams of ruling Amn from behind the throne were dashed at the Battle of Broken Blades in late 601 DR when his ragtag army of disaffected nobles and mercenaries was crushed on the banks of the Esmel River, east of present-day Purskul. Ereskas fled the kingdom and became a wanderer and mercenary.

He founded Mirabar in 626 DR when he led the mercenaries of the Company of the Scarlet Steed in an orc-scouring expedition sponsored by the newly crowned King Haryd II of Delimbiyran, the Kingdom of Man. The expedition discovered the ruins of the former dwarven city of Mirabar and he elected to make them his home and found his own kingdom in the harsh North, far from his homeland. He was aged 77 years but still in good health and lived for many more years before dying in 643 DR.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 04 Aug 2019 : 15:30:17
George may be along shortly to add his thoughts.

You could read the quote as Namarra being born by three generations of serrus' family and then there were three Ereskas and the 4th Ereskas founded Mirabar.

Good quote though, I've not looked at amn much, but this quote makes it more interesting.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000