Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Breaking into Candlekeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Victor_ograygor Posted - 03 Aug 2019 : 20:45:41
What sort of resistance should one expect while breaking into Candlekeep to steal some tomes?

Have anybody done it before.. Please give some references.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cards77 Posted - 08 Aug 2019 : 02:49:27
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Candlekeep is one of the most secure places in the Realms -- it's likely more secure than some treasuries in the Realms. It's got layers of magic, both arcane and divine, local defenders, and the allies they can call on for assistance.

I'm not going to say it can't be done... But you're better off finding someplace else to steal the tomes you want.

Besides, Candlekeep exists to share knowledge. Unless you're after some rather sensitive material, they'd likely just hand you whatever books you need and let you read through them right there.

In the canon however, any tomes of value can only be accessed by providing a tome of equal or greater rarity/value in exchange.

This could be a near impossible task depending on what lore is desired.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2019 : 04:22:05
Candlekeep is one of the most secure places in the Realms -- it's likely more secure than some treasuries in the Realms. It's got layers of magic, both arcane and divine, local defenders, and the allies they can call on for assistance.

I'm not going to say it can't be done... But you're better off finding someplace else to steal the tomes you want.

Besides, Candlekeep exists to share knowledge. Unless you're after some rather sensitive material, they'd likely just hand you whatever books you need and let you read through them right there.
jamesewelch Posted - 03 Aug 2019 : 22:16:22
Probably as difficult as stealing the Declaration of Independence, but we've seen Nic Cage do that, so it can't be too difficult...
ericlboyd Posted - 03 Aug 2019 : 22:09:43
I think the website is fairly secure, but, if you are not a murder hobo, Alaundo might give you the password.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000