Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Help with 3 locations from BG: Dark Alliance II

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mankyle Posted - 23 Jun 2019 : 07:56:33
I'm doing a pdf out of Mike Schley's Sword coast map with descriptions of all locations.

I have no access to BG:DA II so the only thing I know is the name of these three locations
Wayfork Village (which I think it is located between Trollbark Forest/Troll Hills and the High Moor)
Gandam's Hold
Gandam's Miles

Those I supose are part of a Dwarven Hall. As in the Western Heartlands there are only sparse mentions of dwarven halls (Tempus Tears and some lines that say that dwarves miners from the Sunset mountains sell their from in Easting) I realms don't know where to put in the map those two locations.

Anyone could help??
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 27 Feb 2020 : 21:20:12
Master xaeyruudh,

I agree with the all available canon sources directly stating anything about it. I think they may have wanted to pinpoint even, but that gets into official plotting and they likely didn't want to do that with possible things in the fire on developing that area.

Thoughts?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Wayfork has a page on the FR wiki, with a vague indication of its location "just north of the Trollbark Forest."

Gandam's Hold and Mine are not on the FR wiki yet, but are mentioned in an IGN walkthru for the game (Found via google). On a quick glance I didn't see any details about where they are located. They're apparently for a particular character's backstory/development.

Sounds like you already have all the official information that's available regarding these places outside of the Baldur's Gate game.

cpthero2 Posted - 27 Feb 2020 : 21:16:24
Seeker Mankyle,

Here is what I propose:

I think Gandam's Hold and Gandam's Mines would be in the Sword Hills. Here's why I say that.

1) We know Wayfork Village is just north, of the small circle of woods in the northeast of the Trollbark Forest. Here is a map showing that: https://team-tpk.obsidianportal.com/wikis/wayfork

2) The likelihood that the mines would be in hills or mountains is greater than in a flat forest. So, this would leave, proximate to identified landmarks, the Troll Hills or the Sword Hills.

3) The distance from the northern reach of the Trollbark Forest and the southern most point of the Sword Hills is 57.3 miles. (Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas)

4) Dwarven Halls tend to be nearby other dangerous races (due to resources available like water, etc.) and it is known that Gillian's Hill (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gillian%27s_Hill) had a "ancient and dangerous tomb in Gillian's Hill that led to the Underdark. Formerly held by illithids, the tomb was cleared by a band of adventurers in the mid-1300s DR. The tomb was later spell-guarded to warn of entry from below but it was far from safe."

5) The Laughing Hollow is known to have been a quarry used by the Dwarves of the Fallen Kingdom (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Laughing_Hollow).

6) The Fallen Kingdom was only in existence for (92) years. Knowing that the quarry and disposal dump for the Dwarves operations were only 31.6 miles away (FRIA) from Gillian's Hill makes it a sensible distance to dispose of hazardous materials they wouldn't want nearby contaminating their water, etc. (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Fallen_Kingdom_ disambiguation )

This seems to make sense that with the distances not being far, in the middle between the Laughing Hollow (verified quarry and disposal site for mining) and the north end of the Trollbark Forest, we're talking almost equidistance.

What do you all think?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Mankyle

I'm doing a pdf out of Mike Schley's Sword coast map with descriptions of all locations.

I have no access to BG:DA II so the only thing I know is the name of these three locations
Wayfork Village (which I think it is located between Trollbark Forest/Troll Hills and the High Moor)
Gandam's Hold
Gandam's Miles

Those I supose are part of a Dwarven Hall. As in the Western Heartlands there are only sparse mentions of dwarven halls (Tempus Tears and some lines that say that dwarves miners from the Sunset mountains sell their from in Easting) I realms don't know where to put in the map those two locations.

Anyone could help??

xaeyruudh Posted - 26 Jun 2019 : 08:29:36
Wayfork has a page on the FR wiki, with a vague indication of its location "just north of the Trollbark Forest."

Gandam's Hold and Mine are not on the FR wiki yet, but are mentioned in an IGN walkthru for the game (Found via google). On a quick glance I didn't see any details about where they are located. They're apparently for a particular character's backstory/development.

Sounds like you already have all the official information that's available regarding these places outside of the Baldur's Gate game.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000