Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Elves of Faerun Post-Spellplague

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Valen Posted - 01 Jun 2019 : 11:57:11
I'm sure that the answer is out there, but I'm gonna just ask it because I think these forums are fun.

What's up with elves in a post-Spellplague Faerun? I know about what happened with Evermeet, but I'm wondering about those not on the island.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 27 Feb 2020 : 22:22:09
Acolyte Valen,

There is always the much better (IMO) route of going with 3rd ed material to have a little more sense to the apocalyptically ridiculous Smellplague. The benefit is that you don't have to have an incomplete Realms (taking into account areas that were never really well developed).

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Valen

I'm sure that the answer is out there, but I'm gonna just ask it because I think these forums are fun.

What's up with elves in a post-Spellplague Faerun? I know about what happened with Evermeet, but I'm wondering about those not on the island.

TomCosta Posted - 04 Jun 2019 : 01:34:12
Myth Drannor was crushed again by the fall of Shade, https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Myth_Drannor.
Zeromaru X Posted - 03 Jun 2019 : 18:16:57
There is a new kingdom of Iliyanbruen in the Feywild, and they sent a few eladrin to create the colony of New Sharandar in Neverwinter Wood (in the ruins of former Sharandar). You can read about it in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting.

There are a colony of elves in Imdolphyn, one of the Windrise Ports of Laerakond (Returned Abeir), as elves are not native of that continent (and it seems, they are not native of Abeir either). You can read about it in the article "Tarmalune and the Windrise Ports" in Dragon 376. That means that there must be new elven settlements in the Sword Lands and in Eskorn (all of these are lands of Laerakond).

I don't recall any other new elven settlement in the 4e Realms.
Valen Posted - 03 Jun 2019 : 16:40:29
thanks to you both. Everest and Myth Drannor were both on my mind. i guess I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding where they might be attempting new settlements if at all other than those two.
Zeromaru X Posted - 01 Jun 2019 : 20:30:40
Inmediately following the Spellplague? Those elves not in Evermeet usually lived in the rebuilt nation of Myth Drannor and in Evereska, though they are widespread as ever, as Tom said. The return of the portals linking to the Feywild had to major effects on the elven race:

1. Many elves came from the Feywild to Toril, basically replenishing the elven population in the world. This event was called "The Return".
2. With the apparition of the eladrin elves, some moon elves and sun elves began to call themselves eladrin as well, as a fashion or to relate themselves with the newcomers. That's why by 1479 DR, common people believed that all high elves were eladrin.

While the elves lost Myth Drannor during the Second Sundering (an stupid plot I ignore in my campaign, but I have to mention it for completionist sake), they still have Evereska as a major elven power in Faerūn. Also, it seems that some major elven faction is still trying to rebuild Myth Drannor.
TomCosta Posted - 01 Jun 2019 : 20:01:43
I'm not sure what you're getting at. The elves are still there doing what they've always been doing. I suppose the big thing is that gold and moon elves are no longer considered eladrin, but high elves, and the eladrin are a different subrace altogether (still from the Feywild). Other than that, not much has changed. Check out SCAG and there's some info on Evermeet in MTF.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000