Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Zhokoudien

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 16 May 2019 : 04:43:32
What do we know about this great batrachi king? All I’ve ever heard is how much Bazim-Gorag thought he was an idiot. Is there more info outside of the GHotR?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 21 May 2019 : 15:59:59
I picture him kind of as a binder from 3.5 who might appear like Ningauble of the Seven Eyes (hooded robe, you can't see his face, occasionally something might shoot out from the hood), etc... i.e. he makes pacts with beings in exchange for power, and as a result he "wears their marks". He might be mysterious and powerful, but he's also basically beholden to dark powers. Eventually he makes a pact with someone he shouldn't have (and thus why he's called a fool). I'd also maybe link his power as something akin to doppelganger like wherein he absorbs the memories of individuals, and maybe he can change his appearance at need. Just some ideas to throw out.
Seethyr Posted - 19 May 2019 : 21:51:55
I’d love to see Zhoukoudien as a froghemoth looking creature- but obviously very intelligent and as regal as a king
sleyvas Posted - 19 May 2019 : 00:20:27
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

It's just my musings, but I have a bunch on the batrachi, aearee and sarrukh in Crown of Eaerlann, which hopefully I'll finish in the not too distant future.

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Not much else, except that we know who killed him. I'd imagine Omo is Jotunbrud. (just a note, misspelling of the subject, missing a u).

c. –31500 DR
Under the wise leadership of Zhoukoudien, batrachi power reaches its zenith. The High One’s reign ends when he is slain in battle by the titan thane Omo.

I'd recommend reading the unofficial history in Candlekeep Compendium IV "Reign of Dragons" as well. It appears to be the source of some of the material that's later incorporated into GHotR or the 4e histories.

Lol yeah. I noticed my own error - I just posted from my phone which isn’t always fun to edit from.

That’s a good suggestion. I’ll check out the Compendium. I’m truly upset that the batrachi and aeree weren’t explored in more detail. It looks like it was headed that way until 4e came out and all of the sudden I never even heard about the Sarruhk again.

I also miss Gray Richardson’s musings on the matter. He seemed to have aeree lore down perfectly.

particularly interested in the aearee musings
Seethyr Posted - 17 May 2019 : 21:46:34
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

It's just my musings, but I have a bunch on the batrachi, aearee and sarrukh in Crown of Eaerlann, which hopefully I'll finish in the not too distant future.

quote:

quote:

Not much else, except that we know who killed him. I'd imagine Omo is Jotunbrud. (just a note, misspelling of the subject, missing a u).

c. –31500 DR
Under the wise leadership of Zhoukoudien, batrachi power reaches its zenith. The High One’s reign ends when he is slain in battle by the titan thane Omo.

I'd recommend reading the unofficial history in Candlekeep Compendium IV "Reign of Dragons" as well. It appears to be the source of some of the material that's later incorporated into GHotR or the 4e histories.

Lol yeah. I noticed my own error - I just posted from my phone which isn’t always fun to edit from.

That’s a good suggestion. I’ll check out the Compendium. I’m truly upset that the batrachi and aeree weren’t explored in more detail. It looks like it was headed that way until 4e came out and all of the sudden I never even heard about the Sarruhk again.

I also miss Gray Richardson’s musings on the matter. He seemed to have aeree lore down perfectly.

Musings that will be my canon lol
ericlboyd Posted - 17 May 2019 : 01:24:04

quote:

quote:

c. –31500 DR

Zeromaru X Posted - 17 May 2019 : 01:02:22
quote:

It looks like it was headed that way until 4e came out and all of the sudden I never even heard about the Sarruhk again.

Well, the Sarrukh got really good treatment in 4e, with the nation of Okoth being featured in the Campaign Guide.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Okoth
Seethyr Posted - 16 May 2019 : 22:41:06
quote:

c. –31500 DR

sleyvas Posted - 16 May 2019 : 15:15:21

c. –31500 DR

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000