Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dwarves of Gemstone Chaka and faith in Oghma

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 02 Jul 2017 : 19:31:45
Does anyone have, or know if there exists, any additional information on the worship of Curna by dwarves in the Shining Lands?

I know the dwarves of Gemstone Chaka are canonically established as "devout worshipers of Curna" (The Shining South 2E p66), and that Curna is a goddess of wisdom (The Shining South 2E p59) later established to be an aspect or identity of Oghma (Shining South 3E p116), but that's all I've been able to dig up. I can find no specifics about why the dwarves worship Curna, nor how.

Is that material out there, or is that pretty much the beginning and end of it, as far as published stuff goes? A search here on Candlekeep turned up nothing about it, as well, so any help is appreciated, even if it's just to confirm that nothing else has ever been said on the matter (since then I know I'm free to make up whatever).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Crater Posted - 01 May 2019 : 16:14:03
AD&D 2e Shining South P69 lists an elf priest of Curna:

"Jromin is the spiritual leader of the elves of the
Ajmer Forest. He is a devout priest of Curna,
greater power of wisdom."

"Another separate faction from the Shining South revere Oghma under the feminine guise of Curna, who they consider to be an aspect of the unifying world spirit they refer to as Adama. This sect is barely involved with the politics of the others and has a more common sense approach to knowledge, dealing primarily with knowledge of day-to-day current events."
(https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Oghma)
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 03 Jul 2017 : 18:56:40
Thanks, that's what I hoped to hear!

If something were to turn up, at this point, I think it'd be so obscure as to be irrelevant, anyway.
George Krashos Posted - 03 Jul 2017 : 01:15:15
Nothing else has been written on the topic. You are free as a bird.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000