Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Apologies for the Lack of Updates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 14:44:40
Sorry for my absence from the forums, folks, but here's what's been going on.

1) Been dealing with lots of changes around my house. My younger nephew started kindergarten back in August and my niece has been dealing with considerable separation anxiety without him. She is CONSTANTLY in my face demanding my attention. She'll start kindergarten this coming August (she and my younger nephew are 14 months apart in age), so by then, I should have a lot more time.
2) Also have been dealing with illnesses running rampant in the house over the past few months. I was rather sick at one point but there was one point where my niece in particular was vomiting at least once an hour, so my hands were tied.
3) My grandmother was the biggest deal. She had dementia and high blood pressure. Dealing with her was a near round-the-clock affair when she was awake. Much as I loved her, she was also starting to cause near-total chaos here at home and made it hard for me to get time to relax. Not a good time to do research and write when you are playing nursemaid almost every 5 seconds. Sadly, my grandmother passed away this past weekend after developing pneumonia from a respiratory illness that hit the whole household. On Thursday, she showed signs of apparent trouble breathing and thinking when we took her to a local clinic where she was diagnosed with severe pneumonia and subsequesntly takent to the local hospital. She appeared to be improving by Saturday but then suddenly tanked that night and suddenly died of apparent heart failure while nurses and a doctor were attending to her. Her heart could not take any more. Final arrangements are still being made and she is dearly missed. Still, I am glad that her suffering is finally over.

Sooner or later (by late August, for sure), I should have more time to devote to my works on Candlekeep. Please be patient while I try to put all the pieces back together.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OldJarhead Posted - 30 Mar 2019 : 01:24:38
Sorry to hear of your loss.
George Krashos Posted - 26 Mar 2019 : 00:01:32
Sorry for your loss and the difficulties you've faced. Hang in there and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the Realms.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 20:49:07
Indeed, family and real life come first. Attend to you and yours before worrying about us!

My condolences on your loss. It's been quite a long time since I lost my grandma, and I still miss her.
Alaundo Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 18:38:58
Well met

Worry not, Galuf. Very sorry to hear of your sad news and other issues can't have been easy. Candlekeep will always be here, so take care of thee and thine and we will see thee in due course.
Delnyn Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 17:18:28
Real life family comes first. No apologies are needed. -Delnyn

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000