Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hail, loremasters!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cosmar Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 00:44:40
Hi everyone!

I'm a longtime lurker, first-time poster. I've often found my way here when searching for various Realms-lore online.

I started playing D&D 2nd edition back in the late 90s when I was in grade school and middle school, however my first introduction to Faerun was the Baldur's Gate computer games. I loved them so much that THEY were what led me to actually discover and play D&D proper.

Since then, I became a 3.5 convert and still prefer 3.5 over any other edition (mostly because I really like all the various splatbooks, the Spell Compendium, Complete Arcane, Dungeonscape, Frostburn and all of the 3.5 FR-specific material being my favorites).

Because I've moved a lot and am a busy person generally, a few years ago I started playing D&D mostly online via play-by-post, because the pace, though glacial, suits my lifestyle as it's almost impossible to pin me down for a specific night of the week for a certain amount of time. I really like being able to pop in and out every day and quickly fire off a reply when it's my turn.

I'm mostly active at Myth-Weavers, but because I'm obsessed with Forgotten Realms (Eberron being a distant second-favorite setting) I figured I ought to sign up here.

The only game I'm involved in at the moment is set in the Silver Marches in 1372 DR, in which I play a Sun Elf wizard5/Harper Mage 4, and the theme of the campaign has become thwarting the Daemonfey and apparently trying to find Myth Adofhaer.

The DM rolls combat rolls publicly and doesn't pull punches - we're on our 4th adventure and have lost, so far, a dwarf cleric, a human Doomguide of Kelemvor, a human shapeshifting ranger, a changeling druid, and a half-elf scout. The only other original party members are a half-orc paladin of Ilmater and a human swashbuckler/rogue from Cormyr. (The paladin actually died in this current adventure after being tortured to death after he guarded our escape from a fey'ri stronghold where we were trying to rescue captive sun elves who were being transformed into fey'ri with some artifact - but a holy axe we found mysteriously restored him to life when we touched it to his body). My wizard almost died like 6 times, the latest by being slashed to bits by a vrock. Mostly luck he's not dead yet.

Before this game, I didn't pay much attention to FR's elven history/lore, but with my sun elf being embroiled with the demonfey I went all in with his family history and lore. It makes playing him a lot more fun knowing his family lineage, history and current members. :)

Glad to be here!!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
_joe_raso Posted - 31 Mar 2019 : 06:18:53
After a journey of many leagues I'm excited to have finally made it to Candlekeep. I started with the Moldvay basic set and haven't looked back. I've recently started publishing on the DM'sGuild. I'm just now getting neck deep in a project where I'm gonna be researching bits on the realms and was told this was the place to look!
Dalor Darden Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 16:27:03
This is the place to be if you love the Forgotten Realms!

Welcome to th'Keep
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 14:56:25
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!
Alaundo Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 10:32:07
Well met, Cosmar

Welcome is not required, in that you have long walked these halls. Nevertheless, i'm glad thou hast introduced thyself and hope to see more of your writings within these chambers of knowledge.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000