Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Couple of questions from a new poster

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matthian Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 00:18:07
Hi, I've been getting into FR lore the past couple years from novels and video games, and this is my first time posting. This forum looks like a really interesting place and I've lurked for awhile.

A couple questions:
Are there any novels that focus on Candlekeep, or at least have it as a central part of the plot? I love reading about libraries in fantasy settings.

I heard that FR novels were canceled for the future, but then Salvatore released a new Drizzt novel recently. Will there be more novels, Drizzt or otherwise?

Thanks for your time. I'm glad to be here.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TomCosta Posted - 20 Mar 2019 : 01:18:59
There is the D&D Next adventure that also takes place in Candlekeep, available on DM's Guild.
sleyvas Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 20:23:12
Given how the Baldur's Gate game started off in candlekeep... not sure, but it might have more info in the novel. If it does though, it won't be major.
Lord Karsus Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 19:51:43
-A sequence in the Avatar Crisis books feature Candlekeep. Pretty sure it was one of the last ones, either Prince of Lies or Crucible, since it involved the Cyricishad.
Matthian Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 02:22:29
Thanks for the warm welcome. I was hesitant to start posting for awhile because all of my lore knowledge comes from novels and games, not sourcebooks and tabletop gaming. Believe it or not I have almost amassed a complete FR novel collection!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 02:01:02
Zero has answered your questions, so...

Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!
Zeromaru X Posted - 18 Mar 2019 : 01:15:36
Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The only novel that I know takes place at Candlekeep (or at least, part of it does) is The Herald, by Ed Greenwood. If you like to know about ancient libraries of the Realms, however, you can check Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils and Ashes of the Tyrant, by Erin M. Evans. Those novels take place in an ancient Netherese library, and in the Master's Library of Deneir, respectively.

As for new novels, as far as I know, they've only announced a new trilogy of Drizz't (currently in publication), and nothing more.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000