Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for a Planar Adventure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gelcur Posted - 09 Mar 2019 : 17:12:36
So I don't think this has a direct link to the Realms. But maybe the sages here will be able to point my to a name off my description.

I'm pretty sure this adventure was older before 3E. The party has to go off to a planar prison to speak with a captured... demi-god? Who is being guarded by a... Titan? I want to say the party is after some word/name? that's vanished throughout the multiverse.

Does this ring a bell for anyone here?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Seethyr Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 22:07:47
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I don't think it's what you are remembering, but "Wells of Darkness", which I wrote for Dungeon #148, sort of fits the bill you describe.

--Eric

I’m off topic, but mentioning this brought back some great memories. The use of the Wells to connect to Binders and vestiges was one of my favorite moments of 3.5. My binder went on a mission to pick up every tooth of Dahlver Nal after reading through this one. I miss the adventure paths dearly.
Gelcur Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 21:27:15
Not it either, thanks for trying Eric. I was starting to fear it might be in a magazine and my likelihood of finding it would be minuscule.

I was in luck I branched out, started search 3E and found it, "Bastion of Broken Souls". It is pre-3.5E. A quest for level 18+ characters, a god is locked away in Pandemonium, the entry is guarded by a Planetar and a Solar, who doubles as the gate into the prison. The god had been "downgraded" to a Titan who could cast spells as a level 20 wizard.

Thank you everyone for their help narrowing it down. I find it kind of amusing how many products have similar ideas.
ericlboyd Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 19:45:13
I don't think it's what you are remembering, but "Wells of Darkness", which I wrote for Dungeon #148, sort of fits the bill you describe.

--Eric

Gelcur Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 19:30:10
All good guesses but sadly checked them all and none were it. Thought "Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils" was close but nope. I checked "Dawn of the Overmind", "Nightmare Keep" and "The Great Modron March" as well.

Thought I might be on to something with "Dead Gods", it has The Last Word, but still missing that prison scene that I remember.

Checked Negative:
Dawn of the Overmind
Dead Gods
For Duty and Deity
The Great Modron March
Nightmare Keep
Tales From The Infinite Staircase
Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils
The Well of Worlds
Storyteller Hero Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 14:05:38
Ooh it's currently on discount at DMsGuild in both PDF and physical softcover.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17269/Well-of-Worlds-Planescape-2e?term=well+

Thauramarth Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 12:55:09
Based on the clues, it seems like this might be “Hard Time” in The Well of Worlds, which involves the PCs being tasked with tracking down a petitioner (dead soul) that was acceidentally sent to Carceri (the Red Prison), and is being held by the titan Crius.
Storyteller Hero Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 10:44:05
Could it be that the original post is looking for "For Duty and Deity"?

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17576/For-Duty--Deity-2e

The goddess Waukeen was kept as a "guest" by Grazzt in his realm of the Abyss while trying to find a way to re-ascend to her divine realm during the Time of Troubles.

Balmar Foghaven Posted - 10 Mar 2019 : 04:43:19
Probably not at all what you are looking for, but your question reminded me of the chapter in Neverwinter Nights (pc game) in which you travel to the eighth hell of Cana to free the knower of true names from the ice, imprisoned by Mephistopheles.
The Masked Mage Posted - 09 Mar 2019 : 20:18:59
Could be 'Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils'. If not Maybe Tales From The Infinite Staircase.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000